Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/30/2015 3:14:45 PM EDT
With Obama only being half black, at what point is it not acceptable for someone to use the n word, a quarter, an eighth, or a sixteenth?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:16:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Probably at the same percentage they can't get minority benefits.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:17:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
With Obama only being half black, at what point is it not acceptable for someone to use the n word, a quarter, an eighth, or a sixteenth?
View Quote

It's not codified anywhere, as far as I know.

He's considered 'black' by most others and identifies as a black man, despite being more mochachino, therefore, being a black man, he has a bit more leeway than Cracker Bill, Mr. Wang or Jose SixPack.

Chris
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:18:05 PM EDT
[#3]
The N word. What's that OP?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:19:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Can you pass as a black person?  No, you don't get to say it.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:19:58 PM EDT
[#5]
My ancestors at one time were black, as were yours.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:22:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

To quote the great Abe Foxman on such matters.....You don't tell us who is prejudiced....we tell you.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:24:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Lots of Latino rappers use it all of the time.

Pretty much as long as you aren't all white you are good to go.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:31:07 PM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
That's me enjoying my membership here

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:32:36 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View Quote
How white are we talking, albino or red head

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:33:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Him saying it is my new ringtone followed by the horn of the General Lee. I had a friend mix them up for me.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:33:26 PM EDT
[#11]
It has little to do with race.  He is a democrat.  It is that simple.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:37:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am going to go with "not an exact science" and as long as you don't look/act "white."

If it was a really light skinned guy (lets say 3/4 white and 1/4 just about any other race) with a lined up fade, baggy jeans, an oversized jersey and a pair of air force ones, he could probably get away from it.

If that same person let his hair grow out, put on some Wrangler jeans and an Abercrombie a Fitch shirt, probably not so much.  

Sort of like how they were able to portray as a "white Hispanic," but had he shaved his head, drove a candy painted low rider, inherited his mothers last name, and wore a baggy white t shirt the whole narrative would have probably been completely different.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:38:45 PM EDT
[#13]
As long as rappers can use it on albums heard by millions, and be accepted by the black community in doing so, it's fine for all.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:39:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

In before South Park screenshot.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:42:14 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I am going to go with "not an exact science" and as long as you don't look/act "white."

If it was a really light skinned guy (lets say 3/4 white and 1/4 just about any other race) with a lined up fade, baggy jeans, an oversized jersey and a pair of air force ones, he could probably get away from it.

If that same person let his hair grow out, put on some Wrangler jeans and an Abercrombie a Fitch shirt, probably not so much.  

Sort of like how they were able to portray as a "white Hispanic," but had he shaved his head, drove a candy painted low rider, inherited his mothers last name, and wore a baggy white t shirt the whole narrative would have probably been completely different.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Could Rachel Dozenal get by with it

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:43:21 PM EDT
[#16]
The rest of the conversation was fucking hilarious.  I love the "it's part of our DNA" quote the best.  Dude, you're half white, and half African, you have no "slave" or American black ancestry.  You grew up as a "hapa" in Hawaii and went to Punahou, then to Columbia and Harvard.  No black American of African decent identifies with that retard, but that didn't stop them from voting for him based on skintone.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:43:39 PM EDT
[#17]
I have enough Irish in me that I'll get drunk and use whatever words I want and I'll fight over it.  

Don't like it?  I'll make bombs.  
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:54:20 PM EDT
[#18]
If you're a creepy ass cracker it's probably frowned up to say the n word. If you're not creepy about it it's cool though.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:57:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The rest of the conversation was fucking hilarious.  I love the "it's part of our DNA" quote the best.  Dude, you're half white, and half African, you have no "slave" or American black ancestry.  You grew up as a "hapa" in Hawaii and went to Punahou, then to Columbia and Harvard.  No black American of African decent identifies with that retard, but that didn't stop them from voting for him based on skintone.
View Quote

I find that sadly humorous as well.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 4:02:25 PM EDT
[#20]
you nail that hard
Quoted:
Probably at the same percentage they can't get minority benefits.
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top