Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:03:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I just spent a week in NYC staying near Central Park.  The cyclists I saw all broke traffic laws and rode like fucksticks.  I wanted to clothesline a few myself.
Bicycle riders should not be allowed on the road.  I applaud this ticket writing cop.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:04:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OMFGBBQ!!!  That is like 3 tickets a day!  What a bike nazi.
View Quote

You are not so good at maths.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:09:17 AM EDT
[#3]
citizenkaneclap.gif
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:11:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Give that man a medal.  
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:11:57 AM EDT
[#5]
I can't imagine the arguments he got into with the delivery bikes. "But he want wonton soup!"  
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:13:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:16:27 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Why do bicyclists think traffic laws do not apply to them?
View Quote
When are we going to acknowledge cyclist privilege is a serious problem in this country. Cycprivilege is keeping pedestrians and motorists down~!

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:17:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

They are mainly democrats?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:21:54 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

87% of Bicyclists be like:

Stop sign? not for me.

Red Light? not for me.

School Bus stopped? Not for me.

Bike Lane? Nah I'd rather ride in your lane.

45mph? NAH, 15!

Single lane road? Let's ride 4 wide!

No Left Turn? Not for me.

No right on red? Not for me.

Yield sign? LOLNOPE.

I'm on the road! I'm on the Sidewalk! Walk my bike accross the pedestrian crosswalk? FUCK YOU! Ride or die!
And you Bike Fuckers are all like "why u hate me and my brothers in blue lycra so much?"

we hate you because you're selfish assholes.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You know exactly who GD is going to side with. Most here would side with Adolph Hitler over a guy riding a bike down the road.

That says FAR more about cyclists than it does GD.
87% of Bicyclists be like:

Stop sign? not for me.

Red Light? not for me.

School Bus stopped? Not for me.

Bike Lane? Nah I'd rather ride in your lane.

45mph? NAH, 15!

Single lane road? Let's ride 4 wide!

No Left Turn? Not for me.

No right on red? Not for me.

Yield sign? LOLNOPE.

I'm on the road! I'm on the Sidewalk! Walk my bike accross the pedestrian crosswalk? FUCK YOU! Ride or die!
And you Bike Fuckers are all like "why u hate me and my brothers in blue lycra so much?"

we hate you because you're selfish assholes.

This.  Absolutely, gloriously this.

Bravo.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:25:59 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Attn cyclists:  Your Lycra doesn't give you right of way.

View Quote

Actually, the fact that they're on a bike DOES give them right of way.

99% of the  time, motorists must give right of way to rule-following,  law-abiding  cyclists.  Cyclists must yield to pedestrians, horses (yep!) and emergency services vehicles.

Again, RULE FOLLOWING, LAW ABIDING (I know GD thinks this is impossible for most cyclists ) being key words.  

Law breaking, inconsiderate, jackasses deserve to  be ticketed and fined into poverty.  
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:54:43 AM EDT
[#11]
I live outside of Portland, OR or as the plague that keeps moving here from San Fran calls it "Portlandia." We deal with the same thing here and the uber liberal city leaders just keep trying to make the city "more bike friendly." The streets in Portland suck frankly and there has been a huge push to repair them. Right, so how should we repair them? The city council thinks we should repair 1 lane on each side to become a bicycle only lane so people in cars would stop interfering with bicycle traffic. I feel like medical science could learn a lot from examining the just idiocy these people think is rationale.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:58:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Good, they need to observe and follow the rules of the road like any other vehicle.  I understand that as a driver I need to share the road with them, and they need to understand that they have to follow the same laws to use the road the same as I do
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:59:39 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I live outside of Portland, OR or as the plague that keeps moving here from San Fran calls it "Portlandia." We deal with the same thing here and the uber liberal city leaders just keep trying to make the city "more bike friendly." The streets in Portland suck frankly and there has been a huge push to repair them. Right, so how should we repair them? The city council thinks we should repair 1 lane on each side to become a bicycle only lane so people in cars would stop interfering with bicycle traffic. I feel like medical science could learn a lot from examining the just idiocy these people think is rationale.
View Quote
2 Lanes both ways? Rush hour gridlock?

Widen the sidewalks, make dedicated bike lanes on both direction.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:10:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Well... yeah.... fuck bicyclists. Mostly those who ride down small, twisty, 2 lane 2 way country roads at a pace slightly faster than a brisk walk.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You know exactly who GD is going to side with. Most here would side with Adolph Hitler over a guy riding a bike down the road.

Well... yeah.... fuck bicyclists. Mostly those who ride down small, twisty, 2 lane 2 way country roads at a pace slightly faster than a brisk walk.

Oh yeah, they love doing that here. Especially in large packs on roads with no shoulder. When I say that I mean 2 inches outside the lines it drops into a 4 ft deep ditch. They'll ride 3 or 4 wide too. Then again there are some of them who will refuse to use bike lanes and will take up an entire car lane instead.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:12:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Good for him. I hate those lance Armstrong wannabe douchebags.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:16:26 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

99% of the  time, motorists must give right of way to rule-following,  law-abiding  cyclists.  Cyclists must yield to pedestrians, horses (yep!) and emergency services vehicles.

Again, RULE FOLLOWING, LAW ABIDING (I know GD thinks this is impossible for most cyclists ) being key words.  

Law breaking, inconsiderate, jackasses deserve to  be ticketed and fined into poverty.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

They have right of way in bike lanes.  Everywhere else they have to obey the same rules as any other vehicle on the road.  Some states establish safe distance for passing a bike, some don't.  They are NOT allowed by law to impede the flow of vehicular traffic.  They DO NOT enjoy the same rights as pedestrians.

Cyclists are the sailboaters of the road.  They always think they have the right of way, but they actually rarely do.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:19:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

A few years ago some moon bat on metro (i think) wanted to devote a vehicle size lane of 217 to bike traffic only.  

As long as they keep adding a bike lane shoulder to any road they repave bike and cars should get along fine anywhere outside of down town.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:20:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

What if Adolph Hitler was riding a bike down the road?

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:43:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
probably made a lot of money in court time
View Quote

If they bothered to pay - I wonder how the fuck you'd boot a bicycle?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:46:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

He also lost his job, got arrested, and convicted.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Needs more Patrick Pogan.
http://youtu.be/oUkiyBVytRQ

Got one!

He was a cunt, and he deserved all of it.
Chicken shit little mother fucker.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:47:06 AM EDT
[#21]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What if Adolph Hitler was riding a bike down the road?

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z316/runcible22/Screen%20Shot%202015-06-30%20at%2011.36.43%20AM_zpsxpodpwbq.png

Sorry but that is obviously Mr. Hilter.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:49:56 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

They have right of way in bike lanes.  Everywhere else they have to obey the same rules as any other vehicle on the road.  Some states establish safe distance for passing a bike, some don't.  They are NOT allowed by law to impede the flow of vehicular traffic.  They DO NOT enjoy the same rights as pedestrians.

Cyclists are the sailboaters of the road.  They always think they have the right of way, but they actually rarely do.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not sure if you're being deliberately obtuse or, are genuinely ignorant of the cycling/motor vehicle regulations in your state, as well as the rest of the US.

Again, as previously stated, in most instances cyclists operating in a law abiding, legal manner have right of way over motorists.  Not sometimes.  Not when you think or "feel" they do.  Damn near all the time.  I understand that sometimes its not convenient to yield, but, legally, you must.  Not just in bike lanes, but in standard (regular) traffic lanes as well.  Your state, as well as mine, considers bicycles to be "vehicles" and share the same rights and responsibilities as motorists.  

Those cyclists not following traffic laws should absolutely be penalized, ticketed, etc.  I think we all can agree on that.  Same rights as pedestrians?  Never said that.

I also don't believe any road user is allowed to impede the flow of traffic.  However, your state's DOT specifically states that cyclists should "claim the lane" in areas where experience suggests that safety may especially depend on claiming the lane - such as lanes that are too narrow for cars to safely and/or legally pass a cyclist, lanes adjacent to parking lanes, etc."

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:01:24 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I'm not sure if you're being deliberately obtuse or, are genuinely ignorant of the cycling/motor vehicle regulations in your state, as well as the rest of the US.

Again, as previously stated, in most instances cyclists operating in a law abiding, legal manner have right of way over motorists.  Not sometimes.  Not when you think or "feel" they do.  Damn near all the time.  I understand that sometimes its not convenient to yield, but, legally, you must.  Not just in bike lanes, but in standard (regular) traffic lanes as well.  Your state, as well as mine, considers bicycles to be "vehicles" and share the same rights and responsibilities as motorists.  

Those cyclists not following traffic laws should absolutely be penalized, ticketed, etc.  I think we all can agree on that.  Same rights as pedestrians?  Never said that.

I also don't believe any road user is allowed to impede the flow of traffic.  However, your state's DOT specifically states that cyclists should "claim the lane" in areas where experience suggests that safety may especially depend on claiming the lane - such as lanes that are too narrow for cars to safely and/or legally pass a cyclist, lanes adjacent to parking lanes, etc."

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And when the traffic gets tight, they just "Claim the Sidewalk"

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:04:26 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope.  

In most places you have to keep as far to the right as possible to stay out of the way of cars, you're subject to the same traffic regulations as cars, and you're considered a vehicle.

Here are the laws of all 50 States, conveniently compiled and ranked by the League of American Bicyclists:  http://bikeleague.org/StateBikeLaws

There are a few States that allow a few more rights to cyclists, but not even close to a majority.

Short version:  You ain't a special snowflake.  Follow the traffic laws and keep out of the way.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:28:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Got one!

Didn't get a day in jail, not even community service. The "daily pot smoking" cyclist got $65k...
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:29:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Good.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:33:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Basically.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If the violations were legit, then good for him.

Basically.

This is correct.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:41:35 PM EDT
[#28]

One more and I get a set of steak knives!
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:27:04 AM EDT
[#29]
and fuck any-town that takes a perfectly good 4 lane road and cuts it in half to make bike lanes.  
I'm talking to you all mayors of Salt Lake City
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:38:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Buy him two boxes of doughnuts for that.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:27:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Oh look it's another thread where everyone is ok with the government hassling citizens who they don't like.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:30:26 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
good

its just too bad he didn't shoot a few

View Quote

Try reviewing this, specifically #1 and #6. Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:38:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Prolly because a lot of libertarions ride bikes.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:39:26 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:23:22 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Oh look it's another thread where everyone is ok with the government hassling citizens who they don't like.
View Quote
Everyone is ok with the government hassling LAW BREAKERS who act like they have free reign to BREAK ANY LAW they want regarding bicycle travel.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:38:16 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Got one!

Did the slammee get paid?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:48:03 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Got one!

And was released without punishment

"The defendant doesn't need any further supervision by the court and the verdict is conditional discharge, period," said Manhattan Supreme Court Justice Maxwell Wiley.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/patrick-pogan-nypd-pushed-critical-mass-cyclist-ground-no-jail-time-article-1.464247
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:57:44 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Oh yeah, they love doing that here. Especially in large packs on roads with no shoulder. When I say that I mean 2 inches outside the lines it drops into a 4 ft deep ditch. They'll ride 3 or 4 wide too. Then again there are some of them who will refuse to use bike lanes and will take up an entire car lane instead.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They all think they're Lance Fucking Armstrong in the Tour de France.  Want to take up an entire lane?  Get your spandex wearing ass to France and do the real thing.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:00:30 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Cop -vs- Bicyclists, who will GD side with?

NEW YORK CITY — A scooter-driving NYPD veteran burned through his summons book during the past three years, handing out a record number of tickets to rule-breaking bicyclists pedaling around the Upper West Side.

Officer Joshua Vincek issued 1,249 tickets to bicyclists between Jan. 1, 2012, and Feb. 26, 2015 — far more than anyone else in the police department, according to records obtained by DNAinfo New York.
View Quote

The NYPD did not respond to requests for comment on Vincek’s singular effort.

But Joseph Bolanos, the president of the West 76th Street Park Block Association, spoke glowingly of the 11-year veteran who works in the Upper West Side’s 20th Precinct.

Bolanos, who knows Vincek from his outreach in the neighborhood, credited the officer with helping to curb the bad behavior of restaurant delivery bicyclists and recreational bikers bucking traffic laws along Columbus Avenue.
View Quote
View Quote

I side with the cop.  I wish they'd ticket the fuck out of the cyclists here who think the rules of the road only apply to cars and they are special because their chosen mode of transport doesn't need a license, plate, or ins. (Which it should if they are using public roads....which is the reasoning behind requiring those things for cars).
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:01:42 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Got one!

He sued for $1.5 million but I don't know what settlement he got.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:02:39 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Got one!

I'd consider losing over $3 million a punishment.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:07:31 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Got one!

His job you mean? Nah, he gave that up voluntarily when he decided to go batshit.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:10:20 AM EDT
[#43]
Did he at least catch a felony charge and lose immunity?  I hope he lost his home.

Edited to add, do you have a link...I would love to read his report I bet it would win an award for creative writing...
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:18:03 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Did he at least catch a felony charge and lose immunity?  I hope he lost his home.
View Quote

I doubt he even had a home, he was only 10 days out of the academy when then happened.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top