Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/29/2015 11:58:52 PM EDT
You see one dead on a street?

There's a few shortcuts I take to/from work, and it involves driving through this rural/urban area where a lot of houses have mini ranches in their backyards.. The streets are littered with cats that were hit by cars.. Maybe not littered, but at least once a week I'll see one.. I can't freaking stand driving through there anymore.. Too heartbreaking
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:02:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
You see one dead on a street?

There's a few shortcuts I take to/from work, and it involves driving through this rural/urban area where a lot of houses have mini ranches in their backyards.. The streets are littered with cats that were hit by cars.. Maybe not littered, but at least once a week I'll see one.. I can't freaking stand driving through there anymore.. Too heartbreaking
View Quote

More so then dogs, deer, squirrels, etc.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:06:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes.

Especially black and white cats.

First cat I can truly remember was back around kindergarden.   Jack was a black&white cat we found in a Jack In The Box drive through.

Friendliest cat ever.    Had him about 2 months and slept with me every night.   Then we didnt see him for a few days.   Was driving down a road and I saw a dead cat from about 100 yards away and knew.  

Still comes back to me every now and then.    Every black and white cat since has been a special bond.

Also  once had to finish off a kitten that an asshole in front of me swerved to hit.    Back half of the cat was completely crushed and pulverized.

My current black & white cat, Booger, was rescued off the street by my dad when she ran across the road and a car swerved to try and hit her.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:07:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Of course man.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:07:34 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm a dog person, and I hate seeing cats hit.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:10:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

I hate that people allow their cats to be hit by failing to keep them at home, but the cat itself doesn't bother me any more than any other animal.

What bothers me is snakes run over by cars. Mainly because there's a 95+% chance it was done on purpose. Other animals unlikely to damage a car if hit are probably closer to 50-50 on purpose or not(OK, cats closer to 60-70%).
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:15:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes it makes me sad, that's why our cats are indoors only. The gf adopted our second cat last Friday from the pound. Here is a pic, sorry to hijack but kitty death thread needs a pick me up

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:17:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:21:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Not really, but if I see a collar and I'm not busy I will do a death notification.
View Quote

That's nice of you.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:22:13 AM EDT
[#9]
In before the "get well soon" balloon pic...

And yes, little meow on the roadside makes me sad...
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:24:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Of course man.
View Quote

/
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:26:50 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I hate that people allow their cats to be hit by failing to keep them at home, but the cat itself doesn't bother me any more than any other animal.

What bothers me is snakes run over by cars. Mainly because there's a 95+% chance it was done on purpose. Other animals unlikely to damage a car if hit are probably closer to 50-50 on purpose or not(OK, cats closer to 60-70%).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The part that bothers me is knowing it was someones pet.  I get frustrated seeing cats and dogs out running free, I can't imagine not caring that much.  

I don't understand the people that try to hit animals on purpose either.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:28:29 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm not a cat person. I hate it when any animal that could be someone's pet is dead in the road.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:31:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Not really, but if I see a collar and I'm not busy I will do a death notification.
View Quote

I've done that as well

When I was driving cab a dark gray one ran into a street with no street lamps and I didn't  see him till the last second and felt the thump. I pulled a U-turn to see what I hit (all I saw was a grey streak) and it was a cat that was a mess (guts outside) but still alive so I had to put it out of its misery  (it was beyond saving). I took the collar off and made contact with the owner. I turned out that he had belonged to her son who had died  fighting wildfires about a year prior.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:32:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The part that bothers me is knowing it was someones pet.  I get frustrated seeing cats and dogs out running free, I can't imagine not caring that much.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think I would have to be bailed out of jail if I saw someone deliberately attempt to hit an animal. Most reasonably normal people would slam on the brakes or swerve in a direction to avoid hitting it. Oh man. I don't even want to think about a situation if I were witness some shit like that.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:33:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I've done that as well

When I was driving cab a dark gray one ran into a street with no street lamps and I didn't  see him till the last second and felt the thump. I pulled a U-turn to see what I hit (all I saw was a grey streak) and it was a cat that was a mess (guts outside) but still alive so I had to put it out of its misery  (it was beyond saving). I took the collar off and made contact with the owner. I turned out that he had belonged to her son who had died  fighting wildfires about a year prior.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've done that as well

So a guy driving a taxi cab kills a cherished pet that belonged to someone who died fighting fires. I know it was completely unintentional and unfortunate, but damn.. Isn't it all grimly hysterical?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:35:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

So a guy driving a taxi cab kills a cherished pet that belonged to someone who died fighting fires. I know it was completely unintentional and unfortunate, but damn.. Isn't it all grimly hysterical?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've done that as well

I think I missed that day in comedy school
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top