Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 6/29/2015 7:42:15 PM EDT
Grocery shopping today was an older woman, with a 90# purse hanging off the cart, a puffy pink blanket for her 10# mutt dog.

Service vet that said "service dog all admittance"

Could she have a legitimate issue? Sure but damn it surely wasn't a physical one.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 7:43:22 PM EDT
[#1]
you potentially have an issue
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 7:46:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
you potentially have an issue
View Quote

Exploiting a federal "can't question it" law meant to protect people with disabilities from being discriminated against is disgusting behavior.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 7:51:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way? My mother for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either. Oh well I am not one of those people I am 6'4" 245lbs and I exercise every day. I would love to see you say something like to my mother in front of me. Probably never happen though you are probably just an internet tough guy. I doubt very seriously you would say that to someones face. Just my thought.What do you think. Oh I am sorry you probably do not have a brain. I on the other hand will be happy to buy you a plane ticket to come here and see if you have the nerve to say that to someone I know.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 7:52:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way? My mother for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either. Oh well I am not one of those people I am 6'4" 245lbs and I exercise every day. I would love to see you say something like to my mother in front of me. Probably never happen though you are probably just an internet tough guy. I doubt very seriously you would say that to someones face. Just my thought.What do you think. Oh I am sorry you probably do not have a brain. I on the other hand will be happy to buy you a plane ticket to come here and see if you have the nerve to say that to someone I know.
View Quote
cue the wellthatescallatedfast gif

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 7:53:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

I want to know the original context from which this infamous post is from.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 7:53:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

always makes me giggle
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 7:54:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

always makes me giggle
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

always makes me giggle

Never gets old LOL
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 7:56:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Local Barnes and Noble has problems with a guy who keeps taking his dog in the store. It pisses on the floor, and he doesn't care, tells them he spends lots of money in the store, they can clean up the piss. They told him if you come back in with the dog again, we're going to ban you from the store. He comes back a couple days later, dog is wearing an orange "service dog" vest. They approach him, he tells them they have no right to his medical history, and his dog is a service dog.

That was the end of that. Dude still goes inside, dog still pisses on the floor, but they leave him alone because he used the magic service dog vest he probably bought on ebay.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 7:57:26 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View Quote
Never. Gets. Old.

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 7:58:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote
I got caught by this one once, I felt like an idiot for awhile.

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 7:58:26 PM EDT
[#11]
I hope these people have their dogs shit on other dog owners' properties.

just kidding, thats the alcohol talking
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 8:02:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Do you even lift?
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 8:07:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Local Barnes and Noble has problems with a guy who keeps taking his dog in the store. It pisses on the floor, and he doesn't care, tells them he spends lots of money in the store, they can clean up the piss. They told him if you come back in with the dog again, we're going to ban you from the store. He comes back a couple days later, dog is wearing an orange "service dog" vest. They approach him, he tells them they have no right to his medical history, and his dog is a service dog.

That was the end of that. Dude still goes inside, dog still pisses on the floor, but they leave him alone because he used the magic service dog vest he probably bought on ebay.
View Quote

yah, this part is BS. I have no problems with "real" service animals, but I don't know why they make it illegal to request documentation that proves that the animal is a service animal.   and if that service animal is pissing on the floor or is agressive, there should be a way to register a complaint that could possibly get the service certification revoked.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 8:10:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Stop caring what other people do that doesn't affect you in any way, whatsoever.   You'll be happier.

Personally, I think ADA itself is unconstitutional and should be abolished.

That said, I don't give a fuck if someone abuses it and brings their pet into the store.   If it bothers me, I'll shop elsewhere.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 8:12:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Hmm.  Maybe I'll get one of those vests for my GSD.  You know, so I can take her everywhere.  Maybe I have a peanut allergy.  Or maybe I have seizures.  
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 8:14:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Deja vu?

I swear I've read this exact rant/threat before damn near word for word if not exactly...
Aha, still don't get it, but I get it. It is a repost.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 8:23:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Deja vu?

I swear I've read this exact rant/threat before damn near word for word if not exactly...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Deja vu?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Are+You+Aware...
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 8:58:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

yah, this part is BS. I have no problems with "real" service animals, but I don't know why they make it illegal to request documentation that proves that the animal is a service animal.   and if that service animal is pissing on the floor or is agressive, there should be a way to register a complaint that could possibly get the service certification revoked.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

IIRC,  if a service animal is being disruptive, it can be legally forced to leave the premises. Pissing inside the store would qualify.

I also thinks it is BS that documentation isn't required.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:03:20 PM EDT
[#19]
I was hammered walking my dogs one night. Needed cigarettes, so I stopped at the grocery store. They all know me, and laughed when I got my smokes, and told them my dogs are trained to take me home when I drink too much.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:05:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:07:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

A person with a disability cannot be asked to remove his service animal from the premises unless: (1) the dog is out of control and the handler does not take effective action to control it or (2) the dog is not housebroken. When there is a legitimate reason to ask that a service animal be removed, staff must offer the person with the disability the opportunity to obtain goods or services without the animal’s presence.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:07:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

I could think of a few ways to fix this problem.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:10:17 PM EDT
[#23]
That's nothing, OP.
Try suing small businesses under the ADA for not having handicapped accessible websites.
http://www.keyc.com/story/29245375/recent-series-of-discrimination-lawsuits-lead-back-to-controversial-attorney
Or a slightly over height threshold.
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2014/12/copyright-troll-paul-hansmeier-now-sues-small-businesses-over-ada-violations/

Warning, if you think someone having a fake service dog vest is maddening, clicking the above links may raise your blood pressure and cause homicidal tendencies.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:12:02 PM EDT
[#24]
If the dog isnt bothering anyone, who gives a shit.

If the dog is being an asshole, service dog or not, get the fuck out.

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:17:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Was walking the dog yesterday and came upon a garage sale. At the sale some twat had a little black lab with a service dog vest on. Damn thing wouldnt stop yapping and misbehaving. My dog was better behaved than that one! Service dog my ass!
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:18:24 PM EDT
[#26]

Snip the post about someone's mom
View Quote

Here's the facts.  There's a difference between guide dogs/service dogs and 'emotional therapy dogs'.  ADA states that if a person has a disability, any animal that is individually TRAINED to perform services the person wouldn't be able to do on their own.  Emotional support animals are only covered by the ADA as far as housing and similar issues are concerned.  If you have a dog that is an emotional support animal, you CANNOT demand to bring it into a restaurant in spite of the 'no dog' signs, but you have every legal right to ignore the 'no dog' policy of your apartment complex.

I think the OP has no conflict with people who have genuine service dogs having the same access as their able bodied counterparts, and that means the animal comes in places it normally wouldn't.  I also think the OP has no conflict with people's living arrangements who have emotional support animals.

What is happening is that people are 'self diagnosing' with issues and then declaring their pets with no special training to be service dogs and getting vests and certificates off the internet, OR who have emotional support type animals and pass them off as being the same as serivce animals under the law.

To me this is the equivalent of someone deciding their sore feet or whatever is grounds for them to print up a handicapped parking hanger and then park in handicapped spots.  These people ruin it for everyone, especially the people who have real and legitimate service animals.

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:20:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Florida just passed a law outlawing this.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:22:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

You got a BBQ pit and pool? If so, ill take a ticket
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:28:04 PM EDT
[#29]
My sister spent $6K to get her dog service qualified simply so she could take it on an airplane with her in the cabin.
The dog is well behaved and sits under the seat without bothering anyone during the entire flight, the same holds true anywhere else in public.

I guess if she wants to spend that kind of money, and actually has a service dog tag, and the dog travels under a seat without bothering anyone, I don't have a problem with that.

I'd rather the fuckin' people with obnoxious kids be kicked off the plane or store or movie theater or restaurant or any other public place where they behave worse than a service dog!

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:28:57 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View Quote
Set the hook you caught one!

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:29:14 PM EDT
[#31]
I "self diagnosed" that I needed a couple of emotionally supporting service hunting dogs.  It's awesome.

They Do Not crap on demand.    

Is there even one GD poster who can?  don't answer that
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:29:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Learn this shit. Use it.

Is the dog a service animal required because of a disability?
What work or task has the dog been trained to perform?
View Quote

Sure, they can lie, but most get tripped up because they think they can't be questioned.
If a dog is diruptive, they can be asked to leave.

Real service animals are disciplined and unobtrusive. People who have fake service animals are fucking scum.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:30:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
My sister spent $6K to get her dog service qualified simply so she could take it on an airplane with her in the cabin.The dog is well behaved and sits under the seat without bothering anyone.
I guess if she wants to spend that kind of money, and actually has a service dog tag, and the dog travels under a seat without bothering anyone, I don't have a problem with that.
I'd rather the fuckin' people with obnoxious kids be kicked off the plane or store or movie theater or restaurant or any other public place where they behave worse than a service dog!
View Quote

Can't be touched if they wear official service kid vests.  Fuckin Liberals
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:32:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Still so good
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:33:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Grocery shopping today was an older woman, with a 90# purse hanging off the cart, a puffy pink blanket for her 10# mutt dog.

Could she have a legitimate issue? Sure but damn it surely wasn't a physical one.
View Quote

If you were to translate that from gibberish into English, what exactly would it mean?
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:34:10 PM EDT
[#36]
I was at a Barnes Noble recently and I saw a older gentlemen with a lab service dog. Later when I went to the restroom, he was allowing it to drink from the urinal next to the guy when he was peeing.when I said what gives to the guy, he responded and I got the idea he was 'not faking it'.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:35:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

They obviously haven't bothered to familiarize themselves with the actual law. They are perfectly legal (and perfectly correct, IMO) in ejecting him from the store.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:36:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Like Chris Costa?
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:36:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

If you were to translate that from gibberish into English, what exactly would it mean?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you keying on "vet"....ready to go?

Service vest that said...
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:37:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Saw two at the Mammoth Motocross, otherwise dogs are verboten.

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:37:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If that is the case, the animal can be ejected and barred from the premises. Legally.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:41:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Stop caring what other people do that doesn't affect you in any way, whatsoever.   You'll be happier.

Personally, I think ADA itself is unconstitutional and should be abolished.

That said, I don't give a fuck if someone abuses it and brings their pet into the store.   If it bothers me, I'll shop elsewhere.
View Quote

Well when they bring them in a restaurant, and put them ON THE TABLE , I have a problem with that.

I'd say it would be a safe bet to say that 90% of the ones I see are FAKE .
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:42:02 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View Quote
Maybe exercise 2 times a day?

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:42:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh.  I get it now.

I was wondering WTH a "service veterinarian" was.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:44:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Screw it, just tell them that you are married to the dog, and you both are offended by the "term" pet as is discriminates against people who enjoy bestiality.  You can feel happy knowing the Supreme Court would be on your side
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:49:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Soooooooo... Why do you think it wasn't a service dog?

You do know they're not all seeing eye dogs right?

If I were you id be more pissed at people borrowing handicapped tags... Or stores that don't create the correct parking.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:54:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Here's the facts.  There's a difference between guide dogs/service dogs and 'emotional therapy dogs'.  ADA states that if a person has a disability, any animal that is individually TRAINED to perform services the person wouldn't be able to do on their own.  Emotional support animals are only covered by the ADA as far as housing and similar issues are concerned.  If you have a dog that is an emotional support animal, you CANNOT demand to bring it into a restaurant in spite of the 'no dog' signs, but you have every legal right to ignore the 'no dog' policy of your apartment complex.

I think the OP has no conflict with people who have genuine service dogs having the same access as their able bodied counterparts, and that means the animal comes in places it normally wouldn't.  I also think the OP has no conflict with people's living arrangements who have emotional support animals.

What is happening is that people are 'self diagnosing' with issues and then declaring their pets with no special training to be service dogs and getting vests and certificates off the internet, OR who have emotional support type animals and pass them off as being the same as serivce animals under the law.

To me this is the equivalent of someone deciding their sore feet or whatever is grounds for them to print up a handicapped parking hanger and then park in handicapped spots.  These people ruin it for everyone, especially the people who have real and legitimate service animals.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Snip the post about someone's mom

The part in red (emotional support animals) is not covered by the ADA, period. They are specifically disallowed from coverage under the ADA in all instances.  The Fair Housing Act is what allows people to bring claims related to support animals.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:57:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

One of the most appropriate times for this to be copy pastaed.

Good job sir.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:58:25 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Florida just passed a law outlawing this.
View Quote

State law is meaningless...all hail our federal government masters.  

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top