Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 6/29/2015 7:16:19 PM EDT
http://www.justice.gov/usao-mdtn/pr/former-woodbury-police-chief-pleads-guilty-theft-federal-grant-funds

During the plea hearing, Mooneyham admitted that, from January 2013 through February 2015, while acting in his official capacity as the Woodbury Police Chief, he submitted fraudulent timesheets for more than $28,000 in overtime hours that he had not in fact worked.  The funds used to pay the false overtime hours claimed by Mooneyham were derived from federal grants provided by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration through the Governor’s Highway Safety Office, specifically for the purpose of enhanced alcohol enforcement efforts.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 7:26:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I personally know this guy. Karma
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 7:33:09 PM EDT
[#2]
1. You don't know what it is like, out there.

2. He only took what was his, anyway.

3.He paid that much in taxes, over the years.

and so on.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 7:36:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 7:41:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Unpossible. Some posters have assured us repeatedly that most police departments don't receive Federal dollar$!
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 7:45:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
http://www.justice.gov/usao-mdtn/pr/former-woodbury-police-chief-pleads-guilty-theft-federal-grant-funds

During the plea hearing, Mooneyham admitted that, from January 2013 through February 2015, while acting in his official capacity as the Woodbury Police Chief, he submitted fraudulent timesheets for more than $28,000 in overtime hours that he had not in fact worked.  The funds used to pay the false overtime hours claimed by Mooneyham were derived from federal grants provided by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration through the Governor’s Highway Safety Office, specifically for the purpose of enhanced alcohol enforcement efforts.
View Quote

Incidentally, this guy is a scumbag, BUT:  Fuck the federal government.  I'd rather the money go to a bona-fide leach then a welfare whore.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 7:47:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 7:48:52 PM EDT
[#7]
He's a thief, plain and simple.

Nice thing that he was in charge of law enforcement, but then again he's one amongst thousands, or tens of thousands just like him.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 7:50:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Unpossible. Some posters have assured us repeatedly that most police departments don't receive Federal dollar$!
View Quote

I've got a bridge for sale. Interested?
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 7:50:58 PM EDT
[#9]
The Feds get real pissy when you take money from them .

But they sure as hell don't mind taking it from you.

gd
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 7:52:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Fuck him. He should have some honor.

Edit: My agency receives NO federal monies because my chief refuses to comply with the federal mandates that come with that money.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 8:04:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Grant money is grant money, not normal operating budget.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 8:04:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Isolated incident
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 8:05:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only if it's connects to Brooklyn.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 8:06:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Edit: My agency receives NO federal monies because my chief refuses to comply with the federal mandates that come with that money.
View Quote

Good for him.

I wish more states, police departments, and churches would do likewise.

I am curious what exactly are these federal mandates that he doesn't want to comply with are ?
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 8:11:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Blame the game, not the players
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 8:38:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Blame the game, not the players
View Quote

"Players" just following orders.

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 8:42:18 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Good for him.

I am curious what exactly are these federal mandates that he doesn't want to comply with are ?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Good for him.

Each federal grant has it's own requirements. We just avoid them.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 8:44:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Incidentally, this guy is a scumbag, BUT:  Fuck the federal government.  I'd rather the money go to a bona-fide leach then a welfare whore.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, but stealing from a thief if you're not getting back your own exact stuff, is still stealing. I figure the .gov owes me at least enough Benjamins to fill my trunk, but I don't think  it would be moral to scoop a trunkfull from an untended 55 gallon barrel out behind the Federal Reserve Branch.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 8:49:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Originally Posted By Matt_F tcrpe:
Isolated incident

That should save some time.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 8:50:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Oh well.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 8:59:50 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View Quote

Pretty much proving what I already know... That you have little life experience and no idea how the real world works.  

Grand theft and embezzlement.  Fuck him.  Lazy fuck could have easily worked $28k in OT and lived a fat, happy life.

I know two officers that were fired for putting ONE bullshit OT slip for court.  I got along with both, so when one guy Ran into me at the gym and was telling me what a bad wrap he got, I told them to face that I thought it was bullshit and the deserved what they got.

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:05:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Like collegiate sports. It happens all the time, he just got caught.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:08:11 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That's bull.  If he wanted the money, he should have WORKED the OT.  Simple as that.  If he's willing to submit fraudulent grant forms, he's willing to lie about the left turn you made or smelling alcohol on your breath.

Fuck that.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:11:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Don't drop the soap in "club fed"
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:26:55 PM EDT
[#25]
I hope this guy rots in jail.

I suspect that this kind of conduct is going to be used by defense attorneys (and rightly so) in a lot of cases in this city.  Can you still believe the testimony of a fraudster?  Criminals may well get off on charges because of this prick, compounding the damage this lying asshole has done.

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:35:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:36:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I hope this guy rots in jail.

I suspect that this kind of conduct is going to be used by defense attorneys (and rightly so) in a lot of cases in this city.  Can you still believe the testimony of a fraudster?  Criminals may well get off on charges because of this prick, compounding the damage this lying asshole has done.

View Quote

How often does the Chief testify?
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:42:07 PM EDT
[#28]
In before Robin Hood.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:42:12 PM EDT
[#29]

i always look forward to your gif posts
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:45:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:45:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

In a town of 2,680 and eight officer?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:57:43 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's the difference?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 4:22:43 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Step grant from the fed gov is a pretty good money maker.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:13:22 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Good for him.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good for him.

These grants usually come with reporting requirements, inventory control over purchased equipment, and access for audits.  Some grants have other requirments to comply with NCIC standards, Anti-Discrimination practices, and other programs.  Some grants may require training and equipment to update a department to state or federal standards.  Most departments have an officer assigned to seek out these grants and keep the department in compliance.  For some, it's a full time assignment and others it's a part time deal.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:29:44 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's not an especially helpful answer.

Does he, or doesn't he?

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:36:20 AM EDT
[#36]
oh well
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:09:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This isnt the money you are looking for.....or maybe money is not money.   Also, Obamacare fine is a tax and so forth.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:12:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Pretty much proving what I already know... That you have little life experience and no idea how the real world works.  

Grand theft and embezzlement.  Fuck him.  Lazy fuck could have easily worked $28k in OT and lived a fat, happy life.

I know two officers that were fired for putting ONE bullshit OT slip for court.  I got along with both, so when one guy Ran into me at the gym and was telling me what a bad wrap he got, I told them to face that I thought it was bullshit and the deserved what they got.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Honor..you have it.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:18:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Pretty simple solution, dude should go to jail.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:24:03 PM EDT
[#40]
wood not bury
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:39:23 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Honor..you have it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Honor..you have it.

Thank you.  Please remember that in a police shooting thread.  

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:06:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
He's a thief, plain and simple.

Nice thing that he was in charge of law enforcement, but then again he's one amongst thousands, or tens of thousands just like him.
View Quote

There's millions of US citizens defrauding the Fed every damn day, ( IE; you and I and every other tax payer ), you don't have to be LE to be a thief.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:17:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:21:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

more than one way to grease a cat
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:31:00 PM EDT
[#45]
No surprise at all... other than someone actually investigated this.

Tennessee Governor’s Highway Safety Office is nothing but welfare giveaways for cops and departments.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:31:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Isolated incident.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:45:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
No surprise at all... other than someone actually investigated this.

Tennessee Governor’s Highway Safety Office is nothing but welfare giveaways for cops and departments.
View Quote

Not really.

Most use the funds for vehicle lighting, in-car cameras, radar units.

Relatively speaking, there aren't a whole lot of grant programs for law enforcement.  

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:46:55 PM EDT
[#48]

You never disappoint.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:52:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

It just so happens that I represented a municipality, in a state which had strict limits on property tax increases at the time.
As a result, I know exactly how a cash strapped government entity uses Federal grant money to supplement the police budget - and does so without violating any Federal directives.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 2:14:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Thank you.  Please remember that in a police shooting thread.  

View Quote

Making a note.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top