User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/29/2015 10:35:06 AM EDT

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:44:31 AM EDT
[#1]
The ire over simple objects amazes me.  

Why is so much energy and angst expended over this device?  Why care so much?
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:50:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Banned as of today at all Disney Parks.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:51:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Selfie sticks and drones.  I don't get it.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:53:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Narcissism and Peeping Toms. deal with it.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 11:00:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Walking around in Vegas is like attending some type of Asian jousting/fencing convention.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 11:00:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Because it gets tiring telling every self-absorbed asshole with no friends, "hey asshole, you see everyone back here waiting to look at the fish, get to the back of the line," while at the aquarium.  True story.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 11:02:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Good luck with that. Hasn't it been anointed and approved by Great Leader?
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 12:59:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Carolla is a funny and likeable guy...loved him on KROQ, The Man Show and even that boxing movie he did.  HOWEVER, he then did quite a few anti-gun rants on air...so fuck him.  at best he is a fudd only.  He is a snob now, which is a shame because he had good blue collar roots.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:05:41 PM EDT
[#9]
But on the bright side; selfie sticks are excellent lightning rods.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:08:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
But on the bright side; selfie sticks are excellent lightning rods.
View Quote

People with those things should get struck by lightning. What a douche bag "look at me, I'm a special snowflake" thing.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:10:45 PM EDT
[#11]
I've never seen someone using one.

How long have they been around? I haven't taken a trip since last September.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:13:04 PM EDT
[#12]
I've never seen one in the wild, but I don't get out as much as I used to.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:19:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Carolla is a funny and likeable guy...loved him on KROQ, The Man Show and even that boxing movie he did.  HOWEVER, he then did quite a few anti-gun rants on air...so fuck him.  at best he is a fudd only.  He is a snob now, which is a shame because he had good blue collar roots.
View Quote

Really? he’s an Anti? I’ve heard him support 2nd amendment many times. He use to do the Mr. Berchem thing on KROQ. hilarious!!!
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:27:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Really? he’s an Anti? I’ve heard him support 2nd amendment many times. He use to do the Mr. Berchem thing on KROQ. hilarious!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He has Bro-like "let's fight like men" tendencies.   Going back to Lovelines in the 90s he would say stupid shit about guns as if owning or wanting to carry for self defense makes you less of a man.

He is a twat.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:29:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not really "anti" as much as "indifferent".
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:55:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Actually yesterday. I love my fiancee

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:56:50 PM EDT
[#17]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d168/sysops666/Mobile%20Uploads/20150628_191920.jpg
They had previously started banning them on rides.  As of today, they are not allowed past bag check.

ETA: Looks like the entrance to Space Mountain right by Pizza Port.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:58:01 PM EDT
[#18]
I've never seen a selfie stick in use in person. I guess I'm lucky.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 2:01:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 2:07:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
They had previously started banning them on rides.  As of today, they are not allowed past bag check.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d168/sysops666/Mobile%20Uploads/20150628_191920.jpg

Yup. That's the only reason she wore the shirt.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 2:23:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

He has Bro-like "let's fight like men" tendencies.   Going back to Lovelines in the 90s he would say stupid shit about guns as if owning or wanting to carry for self defense makes you less of a man.

He is a twat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He is a twat.

He doesn't say things like that now. It's more like he won't be carrying a gun but when something goes down you'll sure as shit be happy someone else around you does. His FIL brought him a pile of guns a few years ago and he spoke about going to the range learning how to shoot with his wife.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 2:32:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Toggle Bolts!
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 2:37:29 PM EDT
[#23]
I have never seen a selfie stick in real life.

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 2:42:42 PM EDT
[#24]
I saw two when I was in London recently.  Only ones I've ever seen.  I rarely go to tourist spots, though.

I think they look weird, but I can understand why you might not want to hand your expensive smartphone with your life on it to a stranger to take a picture, though.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 2:48:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I've never seen someone using one.

How long have they been around? I haven't taken a trip since last September.
View Quote

i didn't know they existed as well under my last trip to Disney.

Retarded things

however the concept of taking a picture with you in it while someone in your party holds the camera and is next to you is not new.

the stick is just an extension of your arm.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 2:53:08 PM EDT
[#26]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your fiancee wore a shirt that says, "go fuck yourself" to Disneyland.  Did she need a sign to tell her that's not appropriate?
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 2:56:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 3:17:13 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Your fiancee wore a shirt that says, "go fuck yourself" to Disneyland.  Did she need a sign to tell her that's not appropriate?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You think people care anymore?

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 3:19:15 PM EDT
[#29]
I can understand the caution. My nephews and their classmates like to beat the crap out of each other with toy light sabers, that until someone starts crying and the fun is over. I should add that one year my sister gave them these hefty bubble/liquid filled sabers that packed a good wallop.

I guarantee that someone at these amusement parks almost got their eyes poked out by some careless selfie-stick abuser.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 3:19:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Somebody really needs to make a phone case that has tiedown points for a 3-4 foot piece of line.

Then write an app that uses a continuous rolling of the camera to grab information as you swing the camera around your head.  Lace all the data together to get a single smooth image, and boom, you've got a panoramic selfie!

Then the lancers and mace-wielders can fight.  
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 3:21:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He is coming around,  dude makes a lot of sense.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 3:41:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It didn't hurt my feelings. And it didn't hurt a lot of other people's feelings either. She got a lot of compliments.

Must of been "thick skinned" day at Disneyland that day.

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 3:51:15 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think he knows to leave the gun issue alone. His audience must be mainly males, and his themes of being self-sufficient, not dependent on government, etc. must mean that a good percentage of the audience are pro-gun. Whenever he does mention guns it is clear he knows absolutely not the first thing at all about them.

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 3:51:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Walking around in Vegas is like attending some type of Asian jousting/fencing convention.
View Quote

GOD aint that the truth!!!!
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 3:52:18 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
It didn't hurt my feelings. And it didn't hurt a lot of other people's feelings either. She got a lot of compliments.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, it's just that most people anymore think that decorum is something you pay a gay dude to do to your house.

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 3:53:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I think he knows to leave the gun issue alone. His audience must be mainly males, and his themes of being self-sufficient, not dependent on government, etc. must mean that a good percentage of the audience are pro-gun. Whenever he does mention guns it is clear he knows absolutely not the first thing at all about them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I consider him teachable. He's a reasonable dude.

Thing is though, he really doesn't care about guns. It's just not an interest of his, so there's little opportunity for teaching. We arfcommers live in kind of a bubble on this, because we think about them all the time. We're necessarily hyper-aware of the nuances in law, politics, arguments for and against, etc, etc.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 4:00:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
No, it's just that most people anymore think that decorum is something you pay a gay dude to do to your house.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah... I'm 100% in agreement with the sentiment of the shirt, but a park full of children isn't the first place I'd wear it (and believe me, I'd wear it). I find it akin to throwing the F-bomb every other word in a room full of children. Not classy.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 5:07:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 5:09:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I've been surprised at the support for public profanity here
View Quote

Toughen Up®

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 5:09:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 5:10:08 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View Quote
The only one supporting it is sysop.

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 5:14:35 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I guess "classy day" was a different day.

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 5:20:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 5:22:35 PM EDT
[#44]
The first time I see a drone videoing me, I am going to take a selfie of me and it.

Then, I am going to make a SELFIE STICK FOR DRONES to sell to people who want to chronicle the journey of the drone in 3rd person.  The drone can just carry another camera and that will drop another channel onto the video feed.

I have never seen a drone in person, and never seen a selfie-stick in person either.  I also don't care if people take selfies or not... despite being out and around never seen anybody do anything while taking selfies that was dangerous or rude (unless you count taking a photo as rude in the first place.)

Stick to bitching about Jade Helmet if you want to yammer on about made-up controversies.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 5:22:46 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Not so much the case in other threads  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The only one supporting it is sysop.  
Not so much the case in other threads  
GD - What do you expect?

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 5:28:42 PM EDT
[#46]

In Frontierland at Disneyland:

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 5:49:59 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View Quote
What?  I've never heard anything like that.  In fact, I recall one of his books taking a pro 2A stance, which makes sense since he's essentially a libertarian.

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 5:59:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
What?  I've never heard anything like that.  In fact, I recall one of his books taking a pro 2A stance, which makes sense since he's essentially a libertarian.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, I hope he has.  He is genuinely funny.  That being said, he has come out numerous times (on radio) with contrary and anti-black rifle statements...on air. Nowadays, I judge people pretty much exclusively on their 2a stance. It's not enough to be funny, and enjoy beer and boobs...and swing a hammer.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 6:25:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 6:26:08 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Trailer Park day ?
Nice hair, ..that and her shirt scream Special Snowflake.
I went to a work conference at the Grand Floridan last year and we all got passes to the parks. As soon as I got inside the MK..a black dude was sitting on a bench with his cow of a red head, freckle face beast GF..she had a shirt on that said in huge letters
100 % ******....
I just felt my child hood place was now an alien land.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Trailer Park day ?
Nice hair, ..that and her shirt scream Special Snowflake.
I went to a work conference at the Grand Floridan last year and we all got passes to the parks. As soon as I got inside the MK..a black dude was sitting on a bench with his cow of a red head, freckle face beast GF..she had a shirt on that said in huge letters
100 % ******....
I just felt my child hood place was now an alien land.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top