Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/29/2015 1:02:56 AM EDT
Heres a video I produced, edited, and did the voice over for. Its from the teachings of one of my favorite philosophers Bill Hicks.

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:03:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I dislike Hicks, only partly for the nihilist junk he spouts, but also for the types of people who tend to embrace him.
Sorry, OP. No love.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:05:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I dislike Hicks, only partly for the nihilist junk he spouts, but also for the types of people who tend to embrace him.
Sorry, OP. No love.
View Quote

No sweat bud....lol
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:12:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Sorry OP but uhm...............No.

The poor of the world need our money?  Where have I heard this before.  

How much money has the United States government and the people of the U.S. given to Africa?  Has anything changed?  Feed the poor.  LOL.

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:16:28 AM EDT
[#4]
RIP bill, he was a man ahead of his time.
Good luck with this OP, 1/2 Of arfcom hates anyone with a different point of view.

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:23:03 AM EDT
[#5]
It's just a ride....
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:28:32 AM EDT
[#6]
I miss Bill.

RIP, man.

I've always felt he wanted to be the next George Carlin and just wasn't quite there. Maybe given time he would have reached that level.

I do agree about the people who venerate Hicks. Fucking lunatics on the subject. Absolutely insane, generally speaking. About Hicks, that is.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:28:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
RIP bill, he was a man ahead of his time.Good luck with this OP, 1/2 Of arfcom hates anyone with a different point of view.
View Quote

All of arfcom or just GD?
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:30:31 AM EDT
[#8]
That is one of the dumber things I've heard in a while from a member of this site. Wowza.

ETA: The guy who recently wanted to trade away some of our gun rights to have the gov subsidize transfer fees definitely takes the cake.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:33:54 AM EDT
[#9]
I love ya buddy, but give me a ring on the next voiceover.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:36:03 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

RIP bill, he was a man ahead of his time.Good luck with this OP, 1/2 Of arfcom hates anyone with a different point of view.

Can any arfcommer not indulge in GD?

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:37:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Bill Hicks is Alex Jones.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:48:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's alright lol.....I'm not trying to change anyone's mind.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:51:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

How much money has the United States government and the people of the U.S. given to Africa?  Has anything changed?  Feed the poor.  LOL.

View Quote

I'm pretty sure I didn't say to give our money to the poor. I did say feed and cloth. As far as the money we have already given to other countries, we have to still grow up as a species until we are able to move past the greed of humanity.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:52:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I'm pretty sure I didn't say to give our money to the poor. I did say feed and cloth. As far as the money we have already given to other countries, we have to still grow up as a species until we are able to move past the greed of humanity.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It works better with a lower timbre.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:52:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I miss Bill.

RIP, man.

I've always felt he wanted to be the next George Carlin and just wasn't quite there. Maybe given time he would have reached that level.

I do agree about the people who venerate Hicks. Fucking lunatics on the subject. Absolutely insane, generally speaking. About Hicks, that is.
View Quote

I don't think I'm absolutely insane.....LMFAO!
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:53:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
That is one of the dumber things I've heard in a while from a member of this site. Wowza.  

ETA: The guy who recently wanted to trade away some of our gun rights to have the gov subsidize transfer fees definitely takes the cake.
View Quote

My video?
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:53:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

lol why's that?
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:54:11 AM EDT
[#18]

LMFAO!
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:56:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I miss Bill.

RIP, man.

I should have clarified.

Women who are into Bill Hicks are insane on the subject of Bill Hicks. Meet one who ever saw one of his shows live and report back.

He must have been drowning in crazy pussy.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:56:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Bill Hicks' stand-up act was repulsive to watch

The guy seemed like he truly hated life

If that's being ahead of your time, you can have my share of it

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:57:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I should have clarified.

Women who are into Bill Hicks are insane on the subject of Bill Hicks. Meet one who ever saw one of his shows live and report back.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I miss Bill.

RIP, man.

I should have clarified.

I didn't know about that.....LMFAO!
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:57:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

lol why's that?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol why's that?

Because watch the views go up, when and if I narrate it with some sultry tones.

My voice is pure sex. Everybody says as much.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:58:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol why's that?

Oh, hell yes!!!

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 2:00:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol why's that?

Well I can always improve on the edit. If I do I'll hit you up. Did you message my Facebook page?
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 2:00:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Oh, hell yes!!!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol why's that?

Oh, hell yes!!!

Lol
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 2:01:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Well I can always improve on the edit. If I do I'll hit you up. Did you message my Facebook page?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol why's that?

I liked it.

Kick me the exact script you used (Bill Hicks had quite a few), and watch the magic.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 2:02:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

How much money has the United States government and the people of the U.S. given to Africa?  Has anything changed? Feed the poor.  LOL.

View Quote

Actually I have seen the impact U.S. foreign aid has had in places of Africa I worked with as an analyst. People who would have died without it. Area's that are still bad but would be way worse without it. It's easy to armchair quarterback when you don't have to worry about where clean water, your next meal, or even the roof over your head is coming from next.

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 2:08:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Actually I have seen the impact U.S. foreign aid has had in places of Africa I worked with as an analyst. People who would have died without it. Area's that are still bad but would be way worse without it. It's easy to armchair quarterback when you don't have to worry about where clean water, your next meal, or even the roof over your head is coming from next.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How much money has the United States government and the people of the U.S. given to Africa?  Has anything changed? Feed the poor.  LOL.

George W. Bush did incredible good for Africa. You'll never hear a liberal admit it, it would make their heads explode.

AIDS, malaria, river blindness.. and no one recognizes his efforts on those issues.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 2:19:28 AM EDT
[#29]
I think Bill sort of lost it during Desert Storm. He hated that war and GHWB. Went off the rails as far as I'm concerned.

Perhaps he'd been diagnosed with the pancreatic cancer and knew he didn't have long to say what he felt needed to be said. Who knows.

I always enjoyed him and his takes on life up until that point.

I do miss him.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 2:19:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

George W. Bush did incredible good for Africa. You'll never hear a liberal admit it, it would make their heads explode.

AIDS, malaria, river blindness.. and no one recognizes his efforts on those issues.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But that's politics at it's core right? We never recognize the good that someone else did or does because we don't like them or don't agree with them. It's important to be critical but it's equally important to recognize and celebrate the accomplishments of others. This is all just my opinion. Others may differ and that's okay in my book. You have the right to and I respect that.

The problem is society doesn't seem to teach true respect anymore.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 2:22:59 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Give me a cost versus benefit comparison here.   How many billions for that?  How much was wasted.   OP talks about not giving money, just food and clothing.  Show me food and clothing that is free, or not collected from taxpayers.  In case any of you were confused taxpayers are any of us with a job.

Shove your armchair quarterback somewhere uncomfortable.   I'm not saying foreign aid is bad or has not had any impact.  I get great satisfaction from donating money and helping others.  I get a little upset when it's done at gun point by  corrupt assholes who really don't care.

You realize OP basically said that all military spending should stop and it should be used for "the poor" right?  Did any of you even watch the video?

Edit:  Forgot to say that the video production was great OP.   Just not a fan of the message.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 2:25:43 AM EDT
[#32]
Will not go too well.  Production is great.  Message is wrong, IMHO.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 2:28:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Give me a cost versus benefit comparison here.   How many billions for that?  How much was wasted.   OP talks about not giving money, just food and clothing.  Show me food and clothing that is free, or not collected from taxpayers.  In case any of you were confused taxpayers are any of us with a job.

Shove your armchair quarterback somewhere uncomfortable.   I'm not saying foreign aid is bad or has not had any impact.  I get great satisfaction from donating money and helping others.  I get a little upset when it's done at gun point by  corrupt assholes who really don't care.

You realize OP basically said that all military spending should stop and it should be used for "the poor" right?  Did any of you even watch the video?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No I didn't watch the video I just saw your comment and sought to have discourse with you about it.

The world and humans are not perfect. Expecting it to ever be so is pointless. If some of it does get wasted that is unfortunate. You do realize I pay for this stuff too through my own tax dollars? A lot of what is given is just what you said; basic living necessities.

You claim it's at gunpoint and while metaphorically you are right if you have a problem with it vote. Change the law. Run for office. Get enough people who think like you to vote for you and carry out those views.

Everyone always bitching about this and that. It's all I ever here. Talk. It seems the things that made us strong long ago are mostly gone. We are no longer a nation of action but a nation the United States of Butthurt.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 2:30:33 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why are we paying to keep them alive again?
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 2:31:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Will not go too well.  Production is great.  Message is wrong impossibly idealistic, IMHO.
View Quote

The message is not too far off from the biblical "swords turned into plowshares" and "lions lying down with lambs" but it is utterly unrealistic in this world of feud unless and until a golden age of man comes.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 2:33:16 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

No I didn't watch the video I just saw your comment and sought to have discourse with you about it.

The world and humans are not perfect. Expecting it to ever be so is pointless. If some of it does get wasted that is unfortunate. You do realize I pay for this stuff too through my own tax dollars? A lot of what is given is just what you said; basic living necessities.

You claim it's at gunpoint and while metaphorically you are right if you have a problem with it vote. Change the law. Run for office. Get enough people who think like you to vote for you and carry out those views.

Everyone always bitching about this and that. It's all I ever here. Talk. It seems the things that made us strong long ago are mostly gone. We are no longer a nation of action but a nation the United States of Butthurt.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have no interest in changing anything.  Most people don't share my views.  I take care of me and mine the best I  can. I will always do well no matter what kind of BS comes down the pipe.  I have been busting my ass since day one to make it so.  The OP asked for opinions and I gave mine.   If the OP said he wanted to fly or Africa and help teach them to basket weave I would applaud him for it.   When he suggests taking every dime from the military and giving it to those who "need it" I take offense.

Spend one minute looking at government aid or even charitable aid and see the misuse and just outright theft of it and it makes you sick.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 2:33:56 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who let the communists in here, seriously who was it?

I see your Bill Hicks and raise with Milton Friedman.

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 2:40:18 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The only way to "feed and cloth" humanity is at the barrel of a gun.  Take a look at what happens when things are given to people in Africa.   A lot of times the strong end up taking if for themselves.  

Talking about moving past the greed of humanity.  When do you think this will happen?  I applaud you caring but we live in the real world.  Humanity is not going to move on from violence or greed.  Or do we just need your special brand of magic socialism that will solve everything?  I mean it's worked so many times in the past............
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 2:49:00 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

The only way to "feed and cloth" humanity is at the barrel of a gun.  Take a look at what happens when things are given to people in Africa.   A lot of times the strong end up taking if for themselves.  

Talking about moving past the greed of humanity.  When do you think this will happen?  I applaud you caring but we live in the real world.  Humanity is not going to move on from violence or greed.  Or do we just need your special brand of magic socialism that will solve everything?  I mean it's worked so many times in the past............
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I spent months in Haiti...our patients were often beaten and the meds we gave them stolen as soon as they left the compound.  Children would be beaten for a bottle of water they walked out with...I have little faith in humanity.

ETA:  This was while being in the military that the OP wants to defund, and OP was military...I don't get it.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 2:51:26 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I spent months in Haiti...our patients were often beaten and the meds we gave them stolen as soon as they left the compound.  Children would be beaten for a bottle of water they walked out with...I have little faith in humanity.

ETA:  This was while being in the military that the OP wants to defund.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA:  This was while being in the military that the OP wants to defund.

Good to see you posting again!  

How's Steve doing? Well, I hope!
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 6:39:52 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 7:29:17 AM EDT
[#42]
The problem isn't so much philosophy as math. We spend $600 billion +/- on the .mil.

The stats I've seen say 80% of world population lives on < $10/day.  But let's just deal

with the 2 billion+ who live on $2/day.  $600 billion is only < $1/day

per person for them. Then take out logistics, corruption, and theft costs for

shipping this food and clothing around the world. What's left?  And the cost

to us of firing several million .mil, support, and suppliers in this country?
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 8:26:14 AM EDT
[#43]
OP is voting for Bernie Sanders.

Sorry,Bill Hicks' "philosophy" is 17 year old stoner logic that is completely unrealistic given basic human behavior and economic reality.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 8:45:01 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We will grow up as a species when we expect everyone to feed and clothe themselves.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 3:53:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

The message is not too far off from the biblical "swords turned into plowshares" and "lions lying down with lambs" but it is utterly unrealistic in this world of feud unless and until a golden age of man comes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Will not go too well.  Production is great.  Message is wrong impossibly idealistic, IMHO.

Exactly
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 3:58:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

He was so good that Dennis Leary was able to build an entire career off of his jokes.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 3:58:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I liked it.

Kick me the exact script you used (Bill Hicks had quite a few), and watch the magic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol why's that?

I liked it.

Subnet does have a good voice for that stuff, if you've ever caught his WSUB "radio" show he does.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 4:33:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
If the OP said he wanted to fly to Africa and help teach them to basket weave I would applaud him for it.   When he suggests taking every dime from the military and giving it to those who "need it" I take offense.

Spend one minute looking at government aid or even charitable aid and see the misuse and just outright theft of it and it makes you sick.
View Quote

Are you saying that you take offense to my philosophical video? I'm a medically retired Nightstalker and I am NOT suggesting that we "take every dime from the military and give it to those in need". That concept would be far in the future if we ever reach it as a species.

Im not just talking about the US military. Its just we are the country that comes to mind when the military is involved. I know foreign aid doesn't really work and that hardly any of it actually get to those in need.

For the philosophy in this video to work it would take a complete 180 shift in our global conscience or a "golden age" to achieve it and that is a long ways away.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 4:39:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Are you saying that you take offense to my philosophical video? I'm a medically retired Nightstalker and I am NOT suggesting that we "take every dime from the military and give it to those in need". That concept would be far in the future if we ever reach it as a species.

Im not just talking about the US military. Its just we are the country that comes to mind when the military is involved. I know foreign aid doesn't really work and that hardly any of it actually get to those in need.

For the philosophy in this video to work it would take a complete 180 shift in our global conscience or a "golden age" to achieve it and that is a long ways away.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If the OP said he wanted to fly to Africa and help teach them to basket weave I would applaud him for it.   When he suggests taking every dime from the military and giving it to those who "need it" I take offense.

If by long ways away you actually mean never, then you're right.

You are basically word for word parroting empty headed socialist drivel.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 4:47:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You really don't know if won't happen or not. Also Im not a socialist..lol.  This was simply a video on a philosophy and it doesn't hurt to dream right? lol
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top