Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 6/28/2015 9:08:48 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:17:44 PM EDT
[#1]
That can't be an actual training scenario.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:19:08 PM EDT
[#2]
The ladie is the only one with a proper thumbs forward grip.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:22:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:23:15 PM EDT
[#4]

Who in there right mind would even take part in that photo op?
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:25:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:26:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Exhibit A:

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=78153

Apart from the blatant nonsense that is obvious, take a look at the grip these students have. It's fucking terrible.

So here's one of JW777's helpful hints on obtaining training: If an outfit teaches this kind of gay shit instead of fundamental skills like how we properly grip a handgun, it's an indication that they aren't a good place to spend money.
View Quote

Surviving a Mexican Standoff?
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:26:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't even know what to say to that.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:26:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

What makes one grip more "proper" than another? I have seen unconventional grips (for me) and that person was nailing target time after time. Couldn't call it "improper" when it'd kill a bad guy more dead than I could have managed with the "proper thumbs forward grip."
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:27:39 PM EDT
[#9]
And the training objective for that exercise is...what?
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:27:45 PM EDT
[#10]
what the fuck?
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:27:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

What makes one grip more "proper" than another? I have seen unconventional grips (for me) and that person was nailing target time after time. Couldn't call it "improper" when it'd kill a bad guy more dead than I could have managed with the "proper thumbs forward grip."
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Found one of their students!

Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:28:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:29:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:29:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Boy that was quick, I was sure this thread would get to at least 30 posts before a debate over grip started.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:29:23 PM EDT
[#15]
I am pretty sure that my first firearms training, at the age of eight, started with "Never point a gun at a person or anything you don't want to kill"
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:29:27 PM EDT
[#16]
I predict this thread will morph inevitably into a Weaver vs. Isosceles argument.  

Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:30:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:32:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

"nailing the target time after time" in what context? What time frame?

Grip is about control, and a shitty grip gives shit control of the handgun. It slows down followups and makes people more likely to miss when they are under pressure and work the trigger hard. A proper grip makes as much contact with the gun as possible and applies significant pressure which resists the torque being applied to the trigger and makes the gun track properly in recoil.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Grip is about control, and a shitty grip gives shit control of the handgun. It slows down followups and makes people more likely to miss when they are under pressure and work the trigger hard. A proper grip makes as much contact with the gun as possible and applies significant pressure which resists the torque being applied to the trigger and makes the gun track properly in recoil.

Don't bring your logic into this!

He don't think it be like it is.
But it do.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:33:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:36:45 PM EDT
[#20]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And the training objective for that exercise is...what?

From these Muzzle Front characters:
5ppl in a circle facing each other... sidearms holstered... on the count, draw and aim, ensuring your sidearm does not sweep nor point at anyone of the other 4 individuals. As the drill progresses, the circle gets smaller. Believe it or not, this circle shrunk to half the diameter you see, without safety violations such as muzzle sweeping.

http://youtu.be/0kAEthfslsE

OK, but what is the point, assuming there even is a point.  What does this practice accomplish?  

Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:36:50 PM EDT
[#21]
The problem is an actual training course is pretty darn boring, in my opinion. Have you ever been to a military range? I could literally yawn and go to sleep. It's boring.

The fact is people got to make money by making themselves stand out. Some produce crazy training, others lie about. Case in point that Cory and Erika where they lie about their credentials being ex-military super awesome dudes. Their training isn't too bad but they basically lie about it to attract customers.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:37:07 PM EDT
[#22]
What the fuck is the point of this drill?

Confidence?

How to out herp the derp?

I'm genuinely curious.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:37:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You should stop. Those of us that get it already got it and those that don't are never going to.....
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:38:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:39:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

PTH, what do you know.. Like your an instructor.. Oh wait, you are..
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:41:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I haven't the foggiest idea.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
OK, but what is the point, assuming there even is a point.  What does this practice accomplish?  

I haven't the foggiest idea.

Know what?  

They probably don't have a better answer, either.

Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:43:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Inverse Death Blossom.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:44:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Too much goofy crap, cult of personalities, and "lifestyle" in the firearms community in general.

Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:45:39 PM EDT
[#29]
In

Please attend my summer tactical pool home defense course.

Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:45:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Too much goofy crap, cult of personalities, and "lifestyle" in the firearms community in general.

View Quote

as bad as Tapout/Affection..
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:46:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Apparently they are too "professional" for 1m separation.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:47:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Has anyone posted the never go full retard poster on their FB page yet?
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:49:06 PM EDT
[#33]
We need links man!
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:50:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:50:38 PM EDT
[#35]
It can be difficult for new people to spot bad training.  If you're new, how are you supposed to know which grip is good and which isn't?
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:52:35 PM EDT
[#36]
I knew what this thread was about before I even clicked on it. That pic is really making the rounds right now.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:53:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
It can be difficult for new people to spot bad training.  If you're new, how are you supposed to know which grip is good and which isn't?
View Quote

Maybe do a little research on the company you are about to give your money to.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:54:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

"Affection"?
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:55:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hard to do that when they keep popping up.  
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:55:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Basically a good way to tell is how they do a malfunction drill. If they say anything besides, "Tap, rack, bang" then leave. Don't even stand around to watch. By the time he starts showing you his awesome side tactical super whopper can-do mag flip/super side charger racking finger magwell banging move you'll be halfway home.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:56:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

"Affection"?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Affection"?

damn auto correct.

affliction

Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:01:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

damn auto correct.

affliction

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Affection"?

damn auto correct.

affliction

My new Affection T, bro!  

lol

Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:08:18 PM EDT
[#43]
HAHA TIME TO OPERATE!

Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:09:36 PM EDT
[#44]
But do they allow appendix carry?
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:13:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can't wait for school to start all these retarded post by children will stop. Wait I mean, obviously if he uses what works for him he must be a fool. I mean bro, if you  don't use tier one tactical shit all day every day you deserve to be ridiculed.

Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:13:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:15:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:23:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

hay guys i was just thinking about ow everyone's all like "LIFE IS LIKE AN FPS WITHOUT A RESPAWN LOL" but sometimes the admin just sets respawn delay to be WAY TOO LONG, so it sorta seems like there's no respawn, and you kinda forgot you're playing the game until suddenly you're out in the open and soom AUG whore ganks you and I think this could be it because even if a bunch of cavemen did respawn and were all like "HOW I BUY CLUB" just now, we'd probably put them in insame asylums or they'd join up with terrorists or something so no one would really notice until we get, like, the black plague respawn in a billion years and on top of that sometimes nobody respawns until one team wins the match so maybe what we did wrong was breed too fast, so the match went on and on before one team could kill the other and now all we gotta do is finish off the other team and there'd be like A GOOGOPLEX RESPAWNS and everyone'd be all like "GG lol" but most of 'em would be sarcastic because they've been in observer mode with jesus for trillions of years and the whole time they were like "HE'S BEHIND THE FUCKING BOX".
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:26:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Okay don't go to their webpage and read the bio's.

Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:26:56 PM EDT
[#50]
What the fuck
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top