[#3]
Should be packing.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 8:41:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Where's that Cohiba from?
View Quote

There is one I really like of their Cuban ones. Not sure where else they are made.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 8:42:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Just bourbon.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 8:44:28 PM EDT
[#6]
going to work

Bourbon tomorrow morning.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 8:46:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Ginger Ale and mixed nuts for me.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 8:49:45 PM EDT
[#8]
El Triunfador and some water for me.  Total party!
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 8:54:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Prob Florida.    It's a good Maduro.  Makers Mark in the glass.  Neat.  

Enjoy your time folks!
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:07:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

There is one I really like of their Cuban ones. Not sure where else they are made.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think there are some Dominican ones as well
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:16:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Unfortunately I'm sitting here while the sig other watches some terrible reality show.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:18:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Cuban Cohiba is best Cohiba.....I'm having a 5 Vagas 'Cask Strength' stick tonight an 3 fingers of Bulliet Rye. This is after a dinner of Jerked Chicken Kababobs with corn on the Cobb with garlic butter and Cuban-Style black beans with a few drops of El Yucatero Carribean Sauce.

Got a lot done today...

-Grass cut
-Weeds pulled/Weed eat'ed
-Trimming bushes
-Cleaned up the yard
-Worked on screening part of the deck

It was a good day, I didn't have to use my AK.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:32:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Have a good safe work "day".  Do your relaxin when you can.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:02:16 PM EDT
[#14]
I was greeted by this when I just now opened my humidor.

I don't go in it often, and it's generally TOO dry which it is right now.  The mold must have been from when I added distilled last.

ALL Cubans, fucking ruined.  the bottom section isn't showing mold, just dry.

Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:04:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I don't go in it often, and it's generally TOO dry which it is right now.  The mold must have been from when I added distilled last.

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u88/StevesZZ5/5113812D-B673-4A53-B4F6-F120106757B3_zpsd42canni.jpg

View Quote

Send them to me......From the looks, they're NOT ruined, that mold is actually a good thing. Add some 50/50 to your humidor and move it to a cooler place, they'll be fine.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:09:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Is that plume? Plume is good but I cant remember why.

I taughht 5yr old grandson about fire, starting fires, maintaining a fire, and puttinh out a fire.

After my shower  I'll enjoy a LaGloria and some Laphroig.

A good end to the weekend.

Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:11:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Send them to me......From the looks, they're NOT ruined, that mold is actually a good thing. Add some 50/50 to your humidor and move it to a cooler place, they'll be fine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u88/StevesZZ5/5113812D-B673-4A53-B4F6-F120106757B3_zpsd42canni.jpg

How is the mold a good thing?

one of the humidifiers is caked in it, I don't know how I managed to get the mold so bad on the humidifier, really.

And I never thought about a cooler place, is the basement better?  I've had these same cigars in my master bedroom (West wall by an always-closed shaded window) for 17 years now.  I'm so lazy that they've been moistened and dried a good dozen times...my fault I admit.

I have so many beautiful cigars in there.  I'd love to smoke some with a connoisseur since I've not gone through many over the years.  Used to get them by the box, those were the days.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:13:23 PM EDT
[#18]
That's mold, not plume.  And your cohiba looks fake.  I'm not sure if mines real, but it's good.  And the band is legit.  Pic posted in a recent thread here.

Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:15:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Nope, not plume.  Mold is NEVER a good thing.  Generally, the white-ish mold is harmless to people though.  Plume is never (at least I've never seen it) spotty.

ETA I've had GREAT results using the beads and a cooler.  I haven't had mold in YEARS
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:15:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
That's mold, not plume.  And your cohiba looks fake.  I'm not sure if mines real, but it's good.  And the band is legit.  Pic posted in a recent thread here.<a href="http://s151.photobucket.com/user/gofastbeater/media/stuff%20for%20sale/589EBD05-1247-47E1-BA54-1D680EE21E99_zpsctol6kv1.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s145/gofastbeater/stuff%20for%20sale/589EBD05-1247-47E1-BA54-1D680EE21E99_zpsctol6kv1.jpg</a>

View Quote

I'm sure mine are real.  Let me get a pic up.  hold on.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:15:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ask because smoking and possessing cuban cigars is illegal in this country. Talking about smoking illegal things gets you banned. There should be no exceptions.

ETA: I guess they are not. Thanks Obama!
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:16:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

You have illegal items. You need to be banned.

ETA: I guess they are not. Thanks Obama!
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:16:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

one of the humidifiers is caked in it, I don't know how I managed to get the mold so bad on the humidifier, really.

And I never thought about a cooler place, is the basement better?  I've had these same cigars in my master bedroom (West wall by an always-closed shaded window) for 17 years now.  I'm so lazy that they've been moistened and dried a good dozen times...my fault I admit.

I have so many beautiful cigars in there.  I'd love to smoke some with a connoisseur since I've not gone through many over the years.  Used to get them by the box, those were the days.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

]

For your reading enjoyment. Again, it's hard to tell in your photo but it looks like 'plume' to me which *is* a good thing. Again, I'm offering my 'disposal' service for free, I'll even trade you some non-Cubans. [;)

http://www.cheaphumidors.com/blog/cigar-smoking-tips/cigar-bloom-or-plume/
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:17:00 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I ask because smoking and possessing cuban cigars is illegal in this country. Talking about smoking illegal things gets you banned. There should be no exceptions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lol.  Your president said Cubans are ok now.

Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:17:03 PM EDT
[#25]
That isn't bloom.

Looks like mold to me.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:18:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Everything's illegal to you guys in IL, Isn't it.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:21:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Here's some of the good (other than being dried out) ones.  Real.

Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:22:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you not American?
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:23:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u88/StevesZZ5/0860CB15-7D8F-4802-85D6-F7E9550CCEE2_zpsna6dsflu.jpg
View Quote

Those look good with a tiny bit of bloom on the LaGC and Monty go forth and enjoy.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:24:03 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Are you not American?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you not American?
Lol. yes, I just don't claim him.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:24:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Okay, at least I know they're real now.  Thanks for the confirmation!
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:24:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Sorry bro, it's mold.

And I just got done, doubling up on coffee.
A coffee and a Tabak Especial
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:26:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Was watching a chicken cook on the grill while sipping a beer, listening to Ryan Bingham and watching thunderheads roll in over the 4 Peaks Wilderness.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:27:30 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u88/StevesZZ5/0860CB15-7D8F-4802-85D6-F7E9550CCEE2_zpsna6dsflu.jpg
View Quote
http://coolmaterial.com/feature/decoded-how-to-spot-fake-cohibas/
I don't see raised gold lettering and three rows of white dots above the writing.  Just sayin.

Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:28:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Lol. No just don't claim him.  
View Quote

Your claim or not to who the President may be, is irrelevant outside your head. If you are American, he is your President.

I guess I was wrong about the ban. Thanks Obama!
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:28:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you mr hall monitor, now go away plz kthx.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:30:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A guy telling someone to do in a thread about communist products. Makes sense, when are you moving to glorious Cuba?
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:31:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

For your reading enjoyment. Again, it's hard to tell in your photo but it looks like 'plume' to me which *is* a good thing. Again, I'm offering my 'disposal' service for free, I'll even trade you some non-Cubans. [;)

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

]

That's 100% mold.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:33:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Your cohiba is 100% fake, and not even a good one.  The label will give it away everytime..  Also, they are premium cigars, and the wrapper alone looks like garbage on that one you have.  Sorry bro.

http://www.cigaraccessories.com/Real-vs-Fake-Cuban-Cohiba-Cigar-Band-Label
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:33:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

A guy telling someone to do in a thread about communist products. Makes sense, when are you moving to glorious Cuba?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I look forward to your ban. Click
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:36:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was merely a strong suggestion, and in lieu of telling you to fuck off.
Sorry if I offended you by calling you out on your bs. Have a nice day.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:36:38 PM EDT
[#42]
There is something wrong with the bands on your "Cohiba". Not even good fakes. Can't speak to the stick, though it looks a bit rough.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:37:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Man, you need to relax.  

Tell you what.  I'm in the South suburbs.  Head over to my place on Independence day and we'll smoke some of these fake Cohiba while we light off some illegal Chinese fireworks.  

I'll make sure I pull my German automobile in the garage before we start.  I don't want to offend you.  

This isn't a union home, but I'll let you drink Budweiser as long as you throw the cans in the trash rather than the recycle bin.  My Busch Light cans belong in the recycle bin.

As for everyone else, sorry if I shit in the thread.  Enjoy your pleasures!  
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:38:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Had a little plume on some awhile back. Fortunately I haven't had any mold

I'm using my cookie jar and a boveda packet in it.  Put a piece of thin cedar in the bottom but I don't think it does much.  

So far I'm good to go on everything.  

Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:45:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Definitely mold on the one Monte and the Punch. Can't see it in the pics but are the sticks covered with fine green hairs? If so they could be ruined, you'll need to check the filler to be sure (sacrifice a cigar or two and cut open to examine for inner mold -- if it looks good you can try smoking them if you're adventurous). Fine white powder is plume, it's the dried oil residue from the sticks. If you don't monitor your cigars semi-regularly and allow them to dry completely several times, it's likely that they aren't worth smoking anyway. If you want to keep sticks for the long haul with almost no maintenance find some tupperware, a decent sized Boveda pack at 65% (you can go higher) and stick it all (cigar boxes too, so the cedar can absorb ammonia) in a cool <70F closet that does not touch any outside wall of your home. You should also buy a decent hygrometer, I prefer the Caliber III or IV models. Very reliable and under $20.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:46:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Had a little plume on some awhile back. Fortunately I haven't had any mold

I'm using my cookie jar and a boveda packet in it.  Put a piece of thin cedar in the bottom but I don't think it does much.  

So far I'm good to go on everything.  

View Quote

Good setup, I use that for my travelling humidor. Cheap and reliable. The cedar is to absorb ammonia, which is released by aging cigars.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:48:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
http://coolmaterial.com/feature/decoded-how-to-spot-fake-cohibas/I don't see raised gold lettering and three rows of white dots above the writing.  Just sayin.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://coolmaterial.com/feature/decoded-how-to-spot-fake-cohibas/I don't see raised gold lettering and three rows of white dots above the writing.  Just sayin.

Unless it is from before ~2003, it's fake.  That looks like the old style label, one they haven't used since ~2003/2004.  I'd lean towards it being fake, the majority of 'Cuban Cohibas' are fake.  I'm pretty sure at least two of the sticks in that picture are fakes. . . Sorry.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:48:40 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The 5 rows of dots (3 above Cohiba) and gold embossed lettering didn't come until mid 2003. Before then, it was not embossed with only 4 rows of squares (2 above Cohiba). The other difference is his says La Habana, Cuba whereas the embossed only says Habana, Cuba.

It looks good from the picture to me.

Beat by a couple seconds... What the guy above said. The majority of habanos in the U.S. are fake but all the bands appear to be older styles. Easier to reproduce and whatnot. From the picture, nothing jumped out to me and screamed fake. Didn't look too hard either though.

Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:49:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I look forward to your ban. Click
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:51:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

It was merely a strong suggestion, and in lieu of telling you to fuck off.
Sorry if I offended you by calling you out on your bs. Have a nice day.
View Quote

If you look up you'll see I had no problem saying I was wrong. I'm sorry you feel the need to tell people to fuck off for having a different opinion. Maybe when you grow up, it'll be better.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top