Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/23/2015 1:02:30 PM EDT
I just snagged one.  It seems likes a good deal.  You get either 100 rounds 00Buck or 100 rounds of slugs with it.  Where do you get your mags if you have one of these?

ETA: 7/1: Picked it up at the FFL.  Got a KAC grip via EE and a magpul rail to attach to the bottom of the handguard.  

Now to go shoot it, this weekend...

Link Posted: 6/23/2015 1:03:35 PM EDT
[#1]
good price, they were jacked up for a while there

as for mags, that's one reason I don't have one yet, things are pricey
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 1:13:41 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

good price, they were jacked up for a while there

as for mags, that's one reason I don't have one yet, things are pricey
View Quote
The five round mags are 29.99 at Classic firearms.  It comes with one and I got another one with the order.

I'm on the hunt for some good 8 round or 10 round mags.  Do they make 10?
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 1:28:38 PM EDT
[#3]
SGM Tactical makes 10 and 12 rounders, hard to find in stock
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 1:44:08 PM EDT
[#5]
It looks like Csspecs makes them.  I use their Saiga 308 mags, they're the best ones I've found (by far).

Csspecs
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 1:52:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I picked up some of the blem/return 8 round csspecs mags for $30 each. They were advertised as needing fitting but all four worked perfectly out of the box. Great mags, all steel and I expect them to last a lifetime, built like tanks.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 1:55:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Damnit, I paid too much for mine
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 2:21:53 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I picked up some of the blem/return 8 round csspecs mags for $30 each. They were advertised as needing fitting but all four worked perfectly out of the box. Great mags, all steel and I expect them to last a lifetime, built like tanks.
View Quote
Hmm... not bad.  I need to find something like this.

Link Posted: 6/23/2015 2:32:38 PM EDT
[#10]

There are plenty of 8 & 10 round factory mags out now.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 2:54:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

They make a pretty good polymer mag for the Vepr line. Try Ky Imports.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 2:59:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

keep an eye on the discount/blem section of their website, stuff shows up periodically. also a little searching the web might yield a coupon code
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 3:29:15 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

They only have Saiga mags right now.  

Link Posted: 6/23/2015 3:30:08 PM EDT
[#14]
922r conversion, SGM mags, profit.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 3:37:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Unlike our previous VEPR-12's this latest version has a Factory Fixed Position Butt Stock, with no welded hinge mechanism.
View Quote

Still buy it I love mine they are fantastic and thats a good price.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 4:34:50 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View Quote
Say what now?

Link Posted: 6/23/2015 4:36:36 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Unlike our previous VEPR-12's this latest version has a Factory Fixed Position Butt Stock, with no welded hinge mechanism.

I did fo.  

I seriously doubt I'd want to shoot it like a pistol grip so no big loss.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 6:43:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Has anyone used a recoil pad like this on a VEPR? It's on the ATI site but I'm wondering if it'll fit on the stock that comes with the shotgun.  I know I'm getting the grip.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 6:46:44 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Say what now?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Say what now?  
Do a 922r conversion and buy the SGM mags

Link Posted: 6/23/2015 6:48:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Has anyone used a recoil pad like this on a VEPR? It's on the ATI site but I'm wondering if it'll fit on the stock that comes with the shotgun.  I know I'm getting the grip.
http://www.atigunstocks.com/ak-47-scorpion-recoil-pistol-grip

http://www.atigunstocks.com/tactlite-scorpion-x2-upgrade-kit

http://www.atigunstocks.com/media/catalog/product/a/_/a.5.10.2530_1.png

View Quote

Not necessary, the Vepr 12 is a pussy cat. Regular 2 3/4 00 buck and slugs have surprisingly light recoil.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 6:54:08 PM EDT
[#21]

Not necessary, the Vepr 12 is a pussy cat. Regular 2 3/4 00 buck and slugs have surprisingly light recoil.
View Quote

I must be doing something wrong.  Mine seems to kick a lot more than I expected, in particular compared to my Saiga which I would've figured would be about the same. Maybe its just the buttstock.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 6:55:56 PM EDT
[#22]
I keep sort of wanting one of these, but I don't know why.

Those that have them, what do you use it for? Is it just for blowing up appliances and destroying the walking dead?

I have a VEPR in 54R and I love it. I've taken a few critters with it.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 6:57:28 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Those that have them, what do you use it for? Is it just for blowing up appliances and destroying the walking dead?

View Quote
Doing shotgun stuff.

Link Posted: 6/23/2015 7:01:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

It has freaking rifle sights on it man, what do u think its for? Shooting buckshot at 1000 meters?  You answered your own question
I've tried trap with it and the saigas, they work, but its just not as nice as a regular trap gun.  For hunting most things the extra mag capacity is illegal.  It puts it squarely in the 'fun and awesome and maybe practical for HD' category for me personally. YMMV.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 7:03:40 PM EDT
[#25]
CSS Specs 8 round metal mags are made seriously well, but may require fitting to a gun. The SGM mags may need some work to run..I still haven't gotten my 12 rounders to run 100%
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 7:21:21 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Say what now?  
I'm new to 922r.  I know that no more than 10 imported parts can be used.  Why would I need to swap for an America part to use SGM mags?

I was thinking of swapping out the pistol grip gas piston and recoil spring already.

Link Posted: 6/23/2015 7:22:33 PM EDT
[#27]
If I wasn't selling shit to pay off bills, I'd buy one.

That is fucking sweet!
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 7:57:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

I did too !!! $ 300 too much ....
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 8:04:33 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I think the 100 slugs are worth about a hundred so it's really $699.

Link Posted: 6/23/2015 9:10:01 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View Quote
I want to get one just to troll the uppity trap range when my laser beam Auto 5 gets too boring

Link Posted: 6/23/2015 9:15:56 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I want to get one just to troll the uppity trap range when my laser beam Auto 5 gets too boring  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Do it.  Get the bump fire stock and a drum while you're at it.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:56:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Just picked up at the FFL

It came with 20 boxes of these;

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 6:26:07 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 8:39:15 AM EDT
[#34]
Are you gonna SBS that? Cause that would be amazing.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 8:43:14 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECea6CUc49Y

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECea6CUc49Y

Now that just looks like fun right there.

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 8:47:51 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View Quote

This.  And mine doesn't even have the cool stock.

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 8:59:58 AM EDT
[#37]
nice! love mine, I'm going to explode some water bottles with it on the 4th with my brother in law. He's in college and only really has experience with fudd guns. So I'm going to take him shooting and bring along my PTR-91 SBR, M92 AK SBR, the VEPR 12, and a few other guns TBD.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 9:03:29 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

I'm new to 922r.  I know that no more than 10 imported parts can be used.  Why would I need to swap for an America part to use SGM mags?  

I was thinking of swapping out the pistol grip gas piston and recoil spring already.

http://www.carolinashooterssupply.com/Vepr_12_gas_piston_puc_CSS_p/css-vepr12-puc.htm

http://www.carolinashooterssupply.com/Carolina_saiga_reduced_power_recoil_springs_guide_p/css-spring-1.htm

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Say what now?  

http://www.carolinashooterssupply.com/Vepr_12_gas_piston_puc_CSS_p/css-vepr12-puc.htm

http://www.carolinashooterssupply.com/Carolina_saiga_reduced_power_recoil_springs_guide_p/css-spring-1.htm

You would need to do the conversion to use mags at a capacity beyond what the gun ships with in its imported configuration (and add a folding stock and things like that). Friend of mkind did the following for 922r

Tapco g2 trigger (pre modded for vepr)

gas puck

muzzle device

magpul grip

SGM mags

AFAIK plenty of us parts even excluding mags
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 9:32:51 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I must be doing something wrong.  Mine seems to kick a lot more than I expected, in particular compared to my Saiga which I would've figured would be about the same. Maybe its just the buttstock.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I agree with that, compared to my Saiga 12 my Vepr 12 kicks a lot.  I went and shot about 75rs through the Vepr and my shoulder looked like someone hit it with a meat tenderizer.  I put one of these on it it and all is well:  https://www.legionusa.com/xl-buttstock-shock-absorber.html

ETA:  The Veper was very sensitive to placement of an Eotech on the dustcover rail, too far forward caused failure to eject malfunctions (it appeared that the hulls would hit the sight and not clear the ejection port).  It is also not as accurate with slugs as a Saiga 12.  The Saiga will clover leaf the Fiocchi 7/8 oz slugs at ~75yds, and the Vepr struggled to keep them on an IPSC metric target.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 9:33:08 AM EDT
[#40]
I'm going to have to look at picking one of these up.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:13:27 AM EDT
[#41]
Bought one when they were import banned and ended up selling in the spring. It's was a neat gun but just an expensive thing to shoot buckets, since I don't hunt, do competitions , or whatever.

Good price I sold  mine for 1050 with 2 sgm mags which I had 950 in it.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:39:51 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I agree with that, compared to my Saiga 12 my Vepr 12 kicks a lot.  I went and shot about 75rs through the Vepr and my shoulder looked like someone hit it with a meat tenderizer.  I put one of these on it it and all is well:  https://www.legionusa.com/xl-buttstock-shock-absorber.html

ETA:  The Veper was very sensitive to placement of an Eotech on the dustcover rail, too far forward caused failure to eject malfunctions (it appeared that the hulls would hit the sight and not clear the ejection port).  It is also not as accurate with slugs as a Saiga 12.  The Saiga will clover leaf the Fiocchi 7/8 oz slugs at ~75yds, and the Vepr struggled to keep them on an IPSC metric target.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

How well does the shock absorber butt stock work?  I'm pretty sure I'll get the ATI grip for the same purpose.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:57:30 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
How well does the shock absorber butt stock work?  I'm pretty sure I'll get the ATI grip for the same purpose.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The butt pad makes the recoil no worse than a Saiga 12.
ETA: I put a Magpul AK grip on mine and it was fine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top