Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2001 10:57:04 PM EDT
I am considering purchasing ammo from sportsmansguide.com, but have read some negative reviews on this board about their service, billing, etc. I need to hear from anyone out there who has done business with them, good or bad. I would greatly appreciate any response.

I have done business with Aim Surplus before and was happy with thier service. Can I expect the same from SG?

p.s. I know I should have put this in the "Ammunition" area instead of "General discussion", but there is a ton more traffic on this one.
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 11:07:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 11:09:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Cheaper than Dirt is, well, Cheaper. They don't get in a rush to get your ammo to you, though, and you have to call 'em a few times to light a fire under 'em, but you'll get your ammo. I've bought from SG before (not ammo, though), and was pleased with their service. They are BOUND to be faster than CTD.
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 11:11:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Sportsmans Guide ships fast. A hell of a lot faster than Cheaperthandirt.com

The Portuguese .308 and the South African PMP .223 are good deals.
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 11:25:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I have placed a few orders with Sportsmans Guide, no problems whatsoever. Fast shipping time too.
Cheaper than Dirt screwed me over for almost 6 months. I ordered ammo, they sent the wrong stuff twice, they never sent me the right stuff, but they gladly billed by CC for three orders of ammo. What a nightmare. Never again!
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 2:46:20 AM EDT
[#5]
There are a few reasons that I don't buy much from SG anymore, but none involve their service. I have ordered a great many things from them for a number of years, and never had any cause for complaint. I have never ordered ammo from them because they won't send it, or a bunch of other stuff, to my state. Their shipping charges are a little high for some things, but that is clearly stated on the order form. If the prices are good and it's what you want, I wouldn't hesitate to go for it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 4:14:34 AM EDT
[#6]
I just received an order from Sportsman's Guide last week - was very happy with their .223 and Portugese .308 battle packs.  Be sure to use their coupon for NRA members (you ARE one, aren't you??).  It is good for 20% off anything in their catalog (including the great ammo prices on .223 and .308).  Use coupon code SPG51 when ordering.  

Black Fox
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 4:18:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Sheesh, I just used coupon code SPG47 for 20% off the 2700 round battlepack.   With another coupon, SPG51 does that mean I have to buy another 2700 rounds?  [:D]

Btw,  They shipped my ammo out very quickly and they billed me for the correct amount. (some people on another thread said they once had some problems with billing)

Link Posted: 4/24/2001 4:25:33 AM EDT
[#8]
The only problems I have had is over charging and not crediting the credit card enough on returns. Sure its a problem, but each was resolved with a single e-mail.

Nothing frustrates me more than this type of incompetence, but for 20% off, I will deal with it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 4:50:35 AM EDT
[#9]
For some reason I cant get to the website...anyone else having a problem?

NightRanger
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 4:55:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Cheaper than dirt is a lot cheaper than SG for ammo.  I've ordered plenty of misc. items from both and have never had to wait too long and never had any problems with either.  I buy from CTD mainly for their prices and huge selection.
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 7:58:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
For some reason I cant get to the website...anyone else having a problem?

NightRanger
View Quote

This will take you to the ammo page

[url]www.sportsmansguide.com/superbrowse.html?category_id=6&dc_id=60[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top