Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2001 9:16:47 PM EDT
I was in the line at the drive-through at McD's the other day, and in front of me, an old woman was walking to her car. She twisted her ankle or something, and fell. As I was putting the van into Park  to go help her, I noticed inside this young Mexican guy saw it, too, and just dropped his stuff in the floor, and hauled ass outside. He bent down, picked her up, and CARRIED her, and her stuff, to her car. I remember when people would be tripping all over themselves to help like that, but now, they all just stare. Guy didn't speak a word of English, either. At least in Mexico, the young people respect their elders. I just wanted to give this guy some press, and here at least, I know a guy like that will be appreciated. My only contribution was replacing the lunch he dropped to the floor on his way out.
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 9:24:38 PM EDT
[#1]
there is nothing wrong in what you did. you reward a person for doing a good deed which is fine in my book, because I would want someone to help my mother/grandmother if she should take a fall.
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 9:30:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Hell, the guy hauled ass over there so fast, by the time I put the van in park and got out, that's all I COULD do. Had I the money, I'd have bought him a steak dinner.
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 9:30:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Amen
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 9:30:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I know my old bosses kid was on his bike at burger king and he crashed and hit his head on the curb, everyone inside thought he was fu*kin around and it took 20 minits for someone to call a ambulins!! he is now prety much a vegtible for the most part.... After that his dad lost his company and so on.. I didn't give a sh*t about other people until that happend!! it made me open my eyes and see that could be my kids in a few years.. since then Ive tryed to help most people as much as I can.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top