Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2001 7:32:59 PM EDT
It appears that someone has hacked AK47.net

It is showing your Sceen-name and password at the top of the page! Some of the poster's over there are saying, "if you are running a firewall you should be OK"

Just be careful over there for awhile!
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 7:37:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Where is the hackattack coming from?
Where are the CYBERWARRIORS when you need them?
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 7:46:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info.  [sniper]
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 7:51:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't know where the attack is coming from (of course this could be just a screw up of board software too)

Saw a post about "someone could get your info by scanning for "Port80", so I decided to duck and logout....deleted all my cookies...etc

My computer is supplied by my company and it is a must have for me to trouble-shoot CT scanners, so I don't take many chances with it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 8:00:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Well too late...  I think the Basturds have infiltrated my cpu already [:(] while logged into them about noon today,  I started having problems with my computer... it did a total crash...  now tonight I was able to bring it up again..???

When I just trid to log into them now.. it said

UNSUPPORTED WEB VERSION
This Web page could not be opened. The page uses a version of HTTP that is not supported by this Internet online service. HTTP defines how your Web browser responds to commands. Please contact the owner of this Web page for more information.
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 8:43:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Don't know where the attack is coming from (of course this could be just a screw up of board software too)

Saw a post about "someone could get your info by scanning for "Port80", so I decided to duck and logout....deleted all my cookies...etc

My computer is supplied by my company and it is a must have for me to trouble-shoot CT scanners, so I don't take many chances with it.
View Quote

FYI Port 80 is typically the port used by web servers [web serving software]. When you go to a web page, it connects to the host computer on port 80.

For example try:

www.ar15.com:80

then try another number.

Most likely nothing will happen unless Ed or someone on his end is using another port for some other unofficial web pages. BTW this is fairly common knowledge so it shouldn't hurt to disclose this info. There are other services running on other ports if the server is doing multiple task such as Domain Name lookups, email, etc.

Sometimes "hackers" try to cause these services to crash hoping to gain access to the computer.
This is sometimes possible if the system administrator allowed the service to run with administrator level access.

If you know how to enable/disable the various services running on your computer, its is prudent to disable ALL unnecessary or unused services. Most likely, this is not a problem for the typical user.

There may be some other problems at AK-47.net possibly someone has hacked into the web server there.
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 8:48:03 PM EDT
[#6]
it might be pay back for taking over a U2 message board
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 8:56:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

"The plot thickens as the pot boils"
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 8:57:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

"The plot thickens as the pot boils"
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 9:13:31 PM EDT
[#9]
yea no shit someone hacked it. i just got off of it. the whole javascript comes up; i mean the whole damn thing! Man id be shutting it down real quick. one thing "script kiddie's".
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 8:18:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Looks like the hackers won in the end.
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 5:55:16 AM EDT
[#11]
So, does that mean I shouldn't even go to that link?  I haven't in a while, since it lost funding.
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 6:07:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 6:07:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Worked fine for me.  Commercial sales site now.

I guess my Zone Alarm did it's job.
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 8:36:41 AM EDT
[#14]
NOBODY HACKED THE SITE!!!  The owner gave it up.  He couldn't afford the payments...
All of the refugees went here, to the assultweb.net, and the AK47forums, as well as other places.  The places that I listed also made extra provisions just for them, like a AK-47 section.

BISHOP
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top