Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 5/14/2015 12:24:39 PM EDT
UPDATE: Zoro is having a 25% off Flash Sale today, 7/28. Not as great of a deal as the 30% off, but still damn good! Promo code SUMMERSAVER

Zoro.com is having one of their "flash sales", 30% off everything on orders over $200. I just ordered a Millmatic 211 MIG welder. $1267 - 30% = $887. Miller is also offering a FREE Spoolmate 100 spoolgun with this welder AND a $200 rebate, which brings the ultimate end price down to $687. That is a freaking AMAZING price for a 211!

Zoro's regular prices are not that great and their website sucks to navigate and find products, but with 30% off, it is totally worth it.

I also ordered a Miller Digital Pro Hobby welding helmet, a welding jacket, welding gloves and an Estwing chipping hammer all for an additional $175.

Zoro

Flash Sale ends today at 2:00PM Central Time. Promo code: SUPERSALE
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 12:35:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Where do you get the coupon for the rebate/spool gun?
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 12:39:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!

Got some stuff which has been on my wish list for awhile and this is going to help!
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 12:40:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 12:42:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Son of a! I got the Hobart version of the 211 a few months ago, because I was sick of waiting for the miller to go on sale.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 12:49:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I buying the same set up as you OP.

Some guy just had a 211 on my CL for $800 that I passed on.

Question:

Are we sure Zoro is an authorized Miller distributor?
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 1:02:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks man got a spool gun for my Lincoln for $167.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 1:03:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I buying the same set up as you OP.

Some guy just had a 211 on my CL for $800 that I passed on.

Question:

Are we sure Zoro is an authorized Miller distributor?
View Quote

Been searching and can't find an answer.

Anyone else?
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 1:05:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I can't find it either.  I even looked at Miller's website for a list of distributors in Zoro's zip code.  They aren't listed.

I wonder if they'll honor the spool gun/rebate?  I am not holding my breath.

Link Posted: 5/14/2015 1:06:39 PM EDT
[#9]
lol just ordered 1300 dollars worth of crap for work yesterday.

oh well

its not my money
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 1:07:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I can't find it either.  I even looked at Miller's website for a list of distributors in Zoro's zip code.  They aren't listed.

I wonder if they'll honor the spool gun/rebate?  I am not holding my breath.

View Quote

According to the CS rep that answered the phone, they ARE an authorized distributor.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 1:17:25 PM EDT
[#11]
ANYONE KNOW THE DAYTON VERTICAL BAND SAWS (G9173482)?  I WAS LOOKING AT A GRIZZLY, BUT THESE ARE A GREAT PRICE

http://www.zoro.com/dayton-vertical-band-saw-120v-1-hp-68-in-h-49g994/i/G9173482/
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 1:18:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Heads up, they charge a 7%  tax.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 1:21:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Must be if they have a physical presence in the same state as you are ordering from.

I was not charged sales tax.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 1:28:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Son of a bitch. I bought a 211 about a month ago. Paid about $1500 for the welder, the spoolgun, and a nice helmet. Did get the $400 rebate to bring it down to $1100, but still.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 1:34:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Also, the Spoolmate rebate only applies to the 211 with Autoset, so the model the OP bought might not qualify...the Autoset model is $1446 on Zoro...
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 1:35:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Fluke meters 30% off. Count me in.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 1:37:20 PM EDT
[#17]
I ordered one. Thanks for posting this.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 1:39:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Must be if they have a physical presence in the same state as you are ordering from.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

CAS says they have a presence in 18 states.

And MS in one of them :(

Thanks for posting Boomer.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 1:42:19 PM EDT
[#19]
THANKS OP... Have a TIG welder that I'm still learning on.  Been wanting a MIG for the ease of use, but didn't think I could afford a US made Miller

Ordered:
Welding Jacket, Miller helmet (I hate my cheap Chinese one) and the 211.

So, you can get a 400 rebate OR 200 w/ spool?

Link Posted: 5/14/2015 1:44:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Also, the Spoolmate rebate only applies to the 211 with Autoset, so the model the OP bought might not qualify...the Autoset model is $1446 on Zoro...
View Quote

the rebate flyer linked above lists part number 907422, which is the same manufacturer number for the $1267 welder listed on zoro's site.

The $14xx welder listed on zoro has a different number than is on the rebate flyer.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 1:45:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
THANKS OP... Have a TIG welder that I'm still learning on.  Been wanting a MIG for the ease of use, but didn't think I could afford a US made Miller

Ordered:Welding Jacket, Miller helmet (I hate my cheap Chinese one) and the 211.

View Quote

You're learning how to weld on TIG? Props.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 1:47:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Ordered:Welding Jacket, Miller helmet (I hate my cheap Chinese one) and the 211.

View Quote

Spool with purchase of 211
+
200 rebate with purchase of 211

OR

Spool with purchase of 211
+
400 rebate with purchase of 211 and 400 worth of Miller/Hobart accessories
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 1:51:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Actually, the particular item that you just referenced may NOT be eligible for the free spoolgun and rebate.

I looked through all of this pretty carefully, trying to make sure that I was not doing something that might disqualify me from Miller's promotional offers.

As far as I know, ALL Miller 211 welders are Auto-Set.

Zoro offers two different Millermatic 211 packages:

One is just the 211 welder with basic accessories. It is Zoro part # G1666971, Miller model # 907422. It lists for $1267

The other is the 211 welder, accessories and a cart. It is Zoro part # G8999715, Miller model # 951375. It lists for $1446. According to a casual internet seach, this particular model has been discontinued. Reason being that Miller now offers a different style of cart with its "running gear" package.

Miller has a newer 211 package with an updated, newer style cart, the new model # is 951651. This is not available on Zoro.

Reading through the free spoolgun and rebate paperwork, Miller 211 models 907422 and 951651 are eligible. The 951375 is not listed, so I am assuming that the promotional offers will not be honored for it. I ordered the 907422 from Zoro ($1267), so I should be good to go.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 1:54:09 PM EDT
[#24]
OP...now I need a deal on a cylinder for shielding gas.  Get busy.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 1:54:26 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I did.. It was interesting. I wouldn't call myself an expert by any level. But, I figured if I could run a bead on TIG, MIG (which I will use much more) should be easier.

EDIT: Can I use the same Argon tank I use with my TIG on this MIG setup?
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 1:56:37 PM EDT
[#26]
I called Miller and the guy I spoke to said he has worked there 20 years and never heard of zoro.com. He added unless they have a customer number, they are a reseller and not an authorized distributor. Even without the free spool gun and rebate, 9xx for a Miller 211 autoset is awesome. I have the Hobart equivalent and was going to buy the Miller and sell the Hobart to recoup the money. If I could get a Miller and spoolgun for $7xx dollars I would. Since the sale is ending and it is unclear if Zoro.com is an authorized distributor, I'm going to pass.

Edit: I spoke to Zoro.com and they told me they are a wholly owned subsidiary of Grainger who is an authorized distributor.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 1:58:42 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I called Miller and the guy I spoke to said he has worked there 20 years and never heard of zoro.com. He added unless they have a customer number, they are a reseller and not an authorized distributor. Even without the free spool gun and rebate, 9xx for a Miller 211 autoset is awesome. I have the Hobart equivalent and was going to buy the Miller and sell the Hobart to recoup the money. If I could get a Miller and spoolgun for $7xx dollars I would. Since the sale is ending and it is unclear if Zoro.com is an authorized distributor, I'm going to pass.
View Quote

crap. Looks like another "unknown" purchase
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 2:00:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Zoro.com is having one of their "flash sales", 30% off everything on orders over $200. I just ordered a Millmatic 211 MIG welder. $1267 - 30% = $887. Miller is also offering a FREE Spoolmate 100 spoolgun with this welder AND a $200 rebate, which brings the ultimate end price down to $687. That is a freaking AMAZING price for a 211!

Zoro's regular prices are not that great and their website sucks to navigate and find products, but with 30% off, it is totally worth it.

I also ordered a Miller Digital Pro Hobby welding helmet, a welding jacket, welding gloves and an Estwing chipping hammer all for an additional $175.

Zoro

Flash Sale ends today at 2:00PM Central Time. Promo code: SUPERSALE
View Quote

That's a smoking deal, congrats!
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 2:04:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I did.. It was interesting. I wouldn't call myself an expert by any level. But, I figured if I could run a bead on TIG, MIG (which I will use much more) should be easier.    

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes. But really only for welding aluminum with the spoolgun. For steel you want a Argon/CO2 mix.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 2:09:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Edit: I spoke to Zoro.com and they told me they are a wholly owned subsidiary of Grainger who is an authorized distributor.

Check my edit. I'm on the phone with Zoro.com. They are going to contact their pricing department and get to the bottom of it. The very nice lady also told me if they don't get back to me by 2PM CST, they will still honor the coupon for me.  I told her I would buy one if they are an authorized distributor and I can get the rebate and spool gun.

Hoping I'll have a Hobart 210MVP for sale soon...
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 2:12:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Thanks OP, order in!
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 2:12:25 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Check my edit. I'm on the phone with Zoro.com. They are going to contact their pricing department and get to the bottom of it. The very nice lady also told me if they don't get back to me by 2PM CST, they will still honor the coupon for me.  I told her I would buy one if they are an authorized distributor and I can get the rebate and spool gun.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for looking into this. If they are not, I may cancel my order
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 2:12:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
OP...now I need a deal on a cylinder for shielding gas.  Get busy.
View Quote

I'm looking at this: 80 cu/ft 75% Argon 25% CO2 Welding Tank CGA 580 - FULL
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 2:16:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Quick!  Someone figure out if the rebate applies.  Can't get an answer at Miller.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 2:19:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Elsewhere on the internet, people have reported that Miller does indeed honor promotional offers on items that were purchased from Zoro.

I will update this thread and let everyone know how it goes for me.

Also, Zoro has these flash sales every so often. Seems like at least a few times a year. I have been looking at 211s for a long time. I recently read about Zoro's flash sales, subscribed to their email list and have been waiting. Even without the free spoolgun and rebate, $867 for a new 211 is a damn good deal. With Miller's promotional offers, the deal is too good to pass up. I ain't waitin'.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 2:28:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Oops... My bad.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 2:36:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Can walk away with a miller 375 plasma cutter for 1050ish... Very tempting.

Have a decent mig welder. They don't list any tigs for sale.

Edit:

They have the division 180 for a good price.. Ugh.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 2:44:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

http://www.zoro.com/s/?c=6372&cn=TIG+Welders&all-cats=true

Link Posted: 5/14/2015 2:49:34 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

to be fair, even if he already knew mig.. tig is a whole different ball game

Link Posted: 5/14/2015 2:52:36 PM EDT
[#40]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.zoro.com/s/?c=6372&cn=TIG+Welders&all-cats=true

Yeah I found the division 180. Just can't justify it till I move and get a bigger shop.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 3:21:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 3:53:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Would this be a good welder to learn on?  Buy once, cry once and all that...  and I've been meaning to get into welding.

Thoughts?

Link Posted: 5/14/2015 4:00:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Can't speak about everything by any means, but some of the things I looked at were 3 times the competitive price, so even after the discount they were still twice as much as they should be. This is in reference to some of the supplies on their website, not the welders.
View Quote

Yup, still have to shop smart. I already know the market for the Miller welders, spent a day comparison shopping for the other stuff I bought along with it. Pricewise, everything I bought was already in the same ballpark as everywhere else. Then the 30% off beat other prices I was seeing by healthy margins.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 4:02:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Would this be a good welder to learn on?  Buy once, cry once and all that...  and I've been meaning to get into welding.

Thoughts?

View Quote

That's why I am buying it.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 4:08:01 PM EDT
[#45]
I would like to do this but just called Zoro. They wouldn't tell me whether the rebate would work and are referring me to the Miller support number. Sucks! I got pretty much no help from them.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 4:08:30 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Edit:

They have the division 180 for a good price.. Ugh.
View Quote

Yep, I couldn't resist getting the 375 after a quick web scan of prices. The Zoro list price is ~7.5% above MSRP knock 30% off and free shipping, and it's a decent deal. If the Miller rebate works, then another $75 off of that, $969.39. I need a new bucket for my tractor and it was going to be about the same price, was debating on buying a bucket or a plasma cutter to build it. Now I just need to find the time.......
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 4:28:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Guys, I just to Miller sales support. The guy I spoke with said the rebates will not be honored. Hope it works though.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 4:29:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Zoro just called me back and said due to the paper trail involved, most likely purchasing from them would NOT qualify for the rebates, etc. Even without the rebates, that is an awesome price for the Miller 211. If I didn't have the Hobart, I'd be all over it. I was mainly after the free spoolgun...
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 5:03:43 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Can't speak about everything by any means, but some of the things I looked at were 3 times the competitive price, so even after the discount they were still twice as much as they should be. This is in reference to some of the supplies on their website, not the welders.
View Quote
Based on that, I canceled my welder order - kept the jacket and Miller helmet as I need it anyway.

Going with WelderSupply - it's $28 more (after rebate), but since the rebate is honored, at least I get the free spoolmate (which I wanted).
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 5:06:51 PM EDT
[#50]
and here I am

reading a thread

about tools I don't know how to use.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top