Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2001 12:10:54 PM EDT
I don't. About three weeks ago I brought this up and got flamed for it. Hangfire told me not to let the door hit me in the ass. I was actually appreciative of that. Never having been slammed in the ass I was happy to receive expert advise from someone with experience with being slammed in the ass to know what to avoid. To me it sounds like an unpleasant experience but I believe in living and let live. If that is his thing far be it from me to critisize.  Another rocket scientist said he had never owned or operated a discussion board and asked if I had. *sigh* This after I had already said in my opening post that I do in fact own an Internet firearms discussion board. Another example of someone that for some inexplicable reason can type and write but reading alludes them. Go figure.
But I digress.............
The site is [b]not working![/b] Period. When a person has to wait for several minutes to get a thread to open....if the damn thing isn't timed out they are lucky!
Yes, this is a rant. Yes, I [b]know[/b] what it is like trying to keep a site up and running. And if mine ran like this POS I'd take it off the Internet and cut my wrist with a dull freakin' knife. Christ, when will someone else just decide it is not worth the effort to try to get on and post?!?!?!?!?!

Gunslinger

"sherm8404 is McUzi's very best friend on AR15.com"
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 12:28:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Slow is better than not at all.
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 12:36:45 PM EDT
[#2]
It has been terribly slow.  But now all of a sudden it is speeding up again.  Maybe some upgrades or changes were being made, who knows. Its horribly frustrating when its slow.
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 12:40:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Gunslinger, you have the patience of a two year old.  If you would have read the announcements about board upgrades you would know there are some changes in process. As I am posting this the board already seems to be back up to speed.  If you don't have anything constructive to add to the discussion besides whining about the speed then keep quiet.
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 12:59:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I am a very patient, caring and sensitive single guy.
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 1:58:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Takes about 20 seconds compared to about five on other sites.  I usually find a way to entertain myself while I wait.  LOL

Eddie
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 2:27:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 2:37:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Still as slow as ever, but I'm nothing if not patient. I've been gone for awhile, but back now.
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 3:17:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Its slow it sucks, And i saw that some guys user name is the F word.
I would kick his ass just for GP.
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 3:59:14 PM EDT
[#9]
There is a huge difference in the speed since the downtime - at least on my end....

Anybody know what is going on?

[sniper]
The Sniper
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 4:12:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Site was working fine on friday.....three servers were slow today.....msn...att....netscape........might be more to it than just this site.....[heavy]
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 4:12:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 4:17:01 PM EDT
[#12]
It's slow...it sucks....

I'm on a DSL line and it takes 2 minutes to open a thread or load the board. Boooohooooo!
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 4:44:57 PM EDT
[#13]
[b]Ed[/b], as you should well know from reading my post in the past I am, usually, polite. But the last time I bitched about this in a polite manner not only was I flamed but staff did not respond for three days and even then, with one sorry ass post, were little concerned. Therefore, obviously, adopting an arrogant attitude must work in some fashion because I received a response from you within a couple of hours. Which probably means you started trying to submit it within thirty freekin' seconds after reading my thread in order to get it in that fast.
But for you I'll try to tone it done a might so as to not appear offensive.
Geeeeeez Ed, the site sure seems a little slow right now. Threads are really taking some time to load. Oh my. What are we to do? Things are really getting frustrating when trying to visit the board.
Or the alternative is simply to say the damn thing is shit and does not work for all practical freekin' purposes.
Take your pick but it sucks no matter how you coat it!
As to my attitude until this sentence I've never told you to kiss my lilly white rebel ass. Now we can no longer say that can we?

If you do not like people bitching about the piss poor load time then fix the piece of shit.

Now I will attempt to send this and hopefully we will not all be too fucking old to read the son of a bitch by the time it is actually posted.
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 4:57:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 5:40:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 5:47:16 PM EDT
[#16]
cable modem baby
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 6:32:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Geeeezz and i thought it was just my suckassssss ISP. turns out im not the only one that it takes literaly time enough time to go out and wash the damn van. just to get from one topic to the next. there are good and bad days though.some times its almost instant and other times its close to snail mail..[rocket]
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 4:27:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 6:11:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 6:12:28 AM EDT
[#20]
My cable modem is loading these posts in one second today (upgrades?)  Exactly what kind of processor power/ram & hard drive configuration pipe does it take to run this board anyway?  Multi-cpu raid servers and a T line?  Curious.

Nuckles.
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 9:04:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 9:26:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Things to do if and when the site loads slowly:

A) clean your guns, esp. ARs. The dirtier the better- it will keep you otherwise occupied. This is known as killing two birds w/one stone. Put on some rubber gloves, put a cover on the keyboard, and keep busy.

B) Learn to appreciate the fact that this site is FREE to its users (but not to its owners...), requires no subscriptions and there are no bum-boy banner ads, AOL Hometown strips or GeoCities moving ads all over the freakin' place. Ed, GoatBoy, et al, run this site because they LOVE doing it, in spite of some of the impatient Baby Boomer/GenX types who don't want it now, they want it yesterday. Nobody's putting a gun to anyone's head to make us stay here.

If ya don' like it, leave and start yer own.

Nuff said. Rant done.
95th Foot

"Some people never see the light until it shines through the bullet holes."
- --C. D. Tavares
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top