Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2001 11:15:31 AM EDT
Actual scanned in documents (affidavits, police logs, etc.) reporting that there were multiple explosive devices found IN the Murrah Building.

[URL]www.whatreallyhappened.com/RANCHO/POLITICS/OK/bombs/bombs.html[/URL]
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 11:25:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 11:45:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Interesting, but how do you know that those documents are real??  
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 12:00:37 PM EDT
[#3]
As with most conspiracy theories these documents prove nothing at all.  The only eyewitness to these "bombs" was a guy who saw small drums of what he believed to be mercury fulminate being removed from the destroyed building.  Hardly evidence of additional bombs.  There were many law enforcement agencies in that building and it would not be out of the realm of possibility for something like that to be stored in there for uses outside the building for training or whatever.  The rest of the statements were "media" based or overheard or nothing at all stated about so-called additional bombs.  Some guy who said it didn't "smell" like ANFO several hours after the bombing proves nothing.  By that time so many chemicals had probably been used and probably some fires had been working that it would cover up any smell.  

Appears to be nothing but an emotion based theory to blame somebody other than the murderer who did it for purposes to suit someone or some groups own anti-US government agenda.  It takes more than untrained people overhearing conversations and being repeated back to the media to convince me that the ATF or FBI or any government agency had ANYTHING to do, directly or indirectly, with this bombing.  The Government documents also appeared to be just regurgitations of media reports or unconfirmed reports.  I dont see one document there that actually relates to the official investigation that occurred later on.  If there was official findings of additional bombs, confirmed bombs that is, then it might mean something, who knows what though.

You must remember that this was a highly chaotic and devastating experience at the time and anything would be thought of as a bomb by people at the scene.  A green drum would be a bomb, a box would be a bomb, a tube with wires would be a bomb, etc.  So reports, all unconfirmed, at the scene were more than likely peoples emotions coming out than a true state of affairs.

I cant imagine that a bombing of a building by government agencies or operatives could possibly remain secret for long in our government.  And to what purpose would it serve them?  
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 12:19:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I heard this on the news right after they started the rescue.There were also demolition people there who were denied acess to the building after one mentioned that it looked like cutting charges had been used.Dont you think someone who blows up buildins for a living would be the best person to tell you if it were safe to go in?Storing explosives in the building were there is a daycare,I dont think even the federal goverment was there.Why were there no as in none ATF in the building?They may not have had a hand in it but I believe they knew it was going to happen.
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 4:37:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I flipped through "American Terrorist" in the bookstore the other day. It's actually fairly interesting.

McViegh is a fairly intelligent guy, able to concieve of and execute a plan. The bomb was a combination of sophistication and simplicity, featuring nitromethane, Amonium Nitrate, a Torpox second stage initiator, and redundant blasting-caps-and-cannon-fuse initiators cut to two and five minutes. He lit the fuse at the stop light before building, parked the truck in a loading zone, and walked away. He was about two blocks away when it blew. (He admits to all this now, btw.) The bomb was equivalent to about 3,000 lbs of TNT.

In his interviews he tries to portray himself as indifferent to his life and whether he would be caught. I don't buy it. He took too many steps to cover his tracks to be written off as a "born to lose" criminal. He wanted to blow up the building, but he also wanted to get away clean.
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 5:18:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top