Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2015 9:46:07 PM EDT
So, we need a new lawn more for the farm.  Last one was crap and after 5 years it has mowed it's last blade of grass.  

Dad is willing to spend real money for the right one, but it needs to work very well for a long time.  He wants a 60" deck, I'm not sure that's the best idea, and I think I can talk him into a 54", maybe a 52".

In the zero turn arena, who makes the best?  The best value?  Anything to avoid?
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 9:47:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Nevermind, DUPE thread.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 9:52:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nevermind, DUPE thread.
View Quote

Tons of great zero turns out there and tons of options. Don't be in a hurry, compare specs across them all. What manufacturer/series transaxle? Deck thickness? Chains or rigid deck hangers? Tire sidewall size (most zero turns don't have suspension, so a bunch of sidewall softens the ride). Greaseable blade spindles? Easy to access engine oil drain and filter? Fuel filter? Hydraulic filter?

Buy from a real dealer.

Buy commercial grade.

Buy the damned extended warranty.

If you have to buy a diesel, buy a Kubota.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top