Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2015 9:37:29 PM EDT
Hi everybody, I may just need a little perspective here.
I bought a hand gun from a dealer on gun broker. Before I placed a bid, I asked the dealer if they could replace the 12 round mags with 10 rounders so the gun could be shipped to Cal.
The reply was Quick," Sure we can do that now place a bid so we can get this beautiful pistol in your hands." I placed a bid and won, payed the amount on the invoice the very next day.
So now I get an email that there is a $10 processing fee to replace the mags.
 I feel like I'm being played. I know it's it's only ten bucks, but I told them to ship it at the agreed upon amount or cancel the order.
Just seems underhanded, if there was a charge to replace the mags, I should have been told up front.
Anyone with me here? Or am I being unreasonable?
Thanks....Bill.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 9:38:43 PM EDT
[#1]
The seller isn't the problem, California is.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 9:39:52 PM EDT
[#2]
They're not blocking the mag or anything, right? Common gun with 10 round mags already available? If so, fuck that, they should swap it out even up. Yes, they should have mentioned it, tell them ship it or cancel it.

Only ten bucks, but worth it's a 50 round box of ammo that you'd rather shoot. That's the way I always look at petty amounts of money.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 9:40:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Probably should have stated it up front.

But, on the other hand, California.

ETA: But seriously, seller is playing you.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 9:40:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Doesn't explain why they couldn't bother to mention additional fees.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 9:45:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
They're not blocking the mag or anything, right? Common gun with 10 round mags already available? If so, fuck that, they should swap it out even up. Yes, they should have mentioned it, tell them ship it or cancel it.

Only ten bucks, but worth it's a 50 round box of ammo that you'd rather shoot. That's the way I always look at petty amounts of money.
View Quote
this
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 9:49:04 PM EDT
[#6]
12 rounders probably came with the pistol, from the manufacturer; the 10 rounders likely came out of his stock.  And, he probably split the difference for you.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 9:49:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Pay the $10 and be happy anyone is willing to ship to Cali.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 9:49:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pretty good point here too.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 9:53:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pretty much this.

Alot of people on gunbroker and other sites just automatically black flag California due to all the laws out there.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 10:22:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Yes you're being played, and there's a good chance the seller feels s/he sold the gun too cheaply, so my guess is they will happily cancel and send you on your way.

Depends on how hard the gun is for you to get - if tough then I probably would have paid the $10 then left appropriate feedback once the whole deal was done.  "D: Seller added $10 magazine swap fee after emailing willingness to do swap with no mention of fee." I'm totally good with standing on principle, but as others have said, it's probably nickel-and-dime stuff in the end

In for the followup....
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 11:53:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks Guys/Gals. I emailed, Ship or cancel and refund me. I am in no great hurry and with the shipping fees I can find the same gun locally for not too much more.
 F$%*&k em. Thanks again...Bill
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 11:57:27 PM EDT
[#12]
honestly the dealer should have disclosed that when they answered the question.  If I ask the waiter if I can have bacon on the soup, and he says yes, i dont expect a fee later I expect him to tell me, "yes, for $4 extra" or something like that.  simply "Yes" implies at no fee.  I Agree with OP, seller should provide at no charge.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 12:08:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 12:10:31 AM EDT
[#14]
They agreed to sell the handgun and mag in California. Send the fucking handgun and a California approved mag and fuck them...
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 12:50:42 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote
this and the guy should have mentioned it up front,buyer asked and the seller said no problem.seller is playing games.

but I would just pay the $10 and be done with it.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top