Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2015 2:23:51 PM EDT
Just wondering if anyone has noticed USPS missing targeted delivery times?

Last 4 packages that I have had shipped through them to me have been delayed atleast a day, sometimes up to 3.

This is for 2-day priority mail.

Started happening about a month ago, prior to that they were usually dead nuts on.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 2:25:32 PM EDT
[#1]
bad weather delays..
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 2:28:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Nope.  Everything is fine with me.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 2:30:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes.  Been missing the estimated delivery day by 2-3 days on a few shipments recently.

Link Posted: 5/4/2015 2:31:12 PM EDT
[#4]
In order to save money, so they can try to meet the arbitrary retirement pre-funding mandate, they have closed distribution centers all across the country.

This has delayed not only parcels, but First Class mail also.

There are more closings scheduled.

It will get worse...
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 2:34:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Mine have all been on time or early. I've bought at least 25 items in the past 2 weeks off Amazon all shipped USPS.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 2:58:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nope.  Everything is fine with me.
View Quote

In fact, a couple months ago during all the bad storms, USPS was on time while UPS was over a week late.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 4:11:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In order to save money, so they can try to meet the arbitrary retirement pre-funding mandate, they have closed distribution centers all across the country.

This has delayed not only parcels, but First Class mail also.

There are more closings scheduled.

It will get worse...
View Quote

Makes sense.   I just saw my expected package for today actually went first class, not priority.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 4:19:29 PM EDT
[#8]
For the 2nd straight time, USPS has decided scanning a package as it leaves customs on an incoming shipment is just too hard.  Last time it actually arrived on time out of the blue.  This time, not so much.  

Package was supposed to be delivered Friday, still no joy.  And their tracking system still shows "Your item cleared United States Customs at 5:48 pm on April 28, 2015."

Well, gee thanks.  Why isn't it here then?  Call customer service...they have no idea.  They don't know where it is, if it is still sitting at customs, en route, nothing.  They told me to just sit and wait and hope it shows up.

USPS is a fucking joke.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 5:54:22 PM EDT
[#9]
On a related note, the parcel from Wyoming Vapor, sent Friday 5/1, got here today 5/4. Wyoming to PA over the weekend wit First Class mail.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 5:56:29 PM EDT
[#10]
They bring me packages on Sunday.  No problems here.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 5:56:29 PM EDT
[#11]
One of USPS's biggest hubs is in Baltimore.  Anything routed through there will be delayed - riots, ya know.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 5:57:52 PM EDT
[#12]
I've noticed big delays in first class. Priority has been 2nd day.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 6:06:33 PM EDT
[#13]
The postal consolidation late last month/early this month has really slowed things down while they get things flowing. Basically they consolidated sorting and processing and moved sorting equipment to larger distribution post offices.

They shut down our local SCF and moved processing to Atlanta.  Now its just a mostly empty building with just the BMEU and counter clerks. I've noticed an additional 2 to 5 days for delivery.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 6:23:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 6:44:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Just wondering if anyone has noticed USPS missing targeted delivery times?

Last 4 packages that I have had shipped through them to me have been delayed atleast a day, sometimes up to 3.

This is for 2-day priority mail.

Started happening about a month ago, prior to that they were usually dead nuts on.
View Quote

They relaxed the delivery standard a bit but didn't advertise the fact.

Instead of all mail being processed every night some can now wait until the next day or day after that to be processed.  

It was supposed to save money.  

I hear they may return to the previous delivery standards.

Link Posted: 5/4/2015 6:45:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Nope. Have actually had a couple show up earlier than expected.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 6:59:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Yep. I'm waiting on one now that was supposed to show up today. No dice. All the tracking number says is that it left Florida on the 2nd. It apparently hasn't moved since then.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 7:57:32 PM EDT
[#18]
I dunno, I've had pretty good luck w/USPS. In fact, I ordered an H3 buffer on Ebay early Saturday morning and it arrived this morning (only two days for First Class from KY to ID).
Tomac
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top