Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2015 12:24:15 PM EDT
Yup, Sold a bike over a year ago and I got a personal property tax bill today. Apparently per title I still own the bike, I sold it to a friend who traded it for a ATV to some guy off craigs list.

Been on the phone for a hour.

FDMV
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 12:32:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 12:38:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That's the only reason a state mandated bill of sale is useful, the seller fills the form out, then sends it to the state DoR to document the sale.  Whether the buyer bothers to transfer the title is his problem.

View Quote

if I can find the bike can I get it back?
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 1:06:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I moved out of Kentucky in 2010 and recently moved back.  Not only did they mess up my drivers license ( had a cdl but gave it up in 06 and they said I still had it) but they said I owed taxes for 2011 on my car.  Took 4 trips to the dmv with a copy of a mortgage before they would believe I moved out of state.   They even saw in their system I had surrendered my my plates but they didn't have any authority to think unless their computer system said they could.   I hate the dmv
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top