Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/3/2015 4:40:22 PM EDT
Every day in GD I see everybody proclaim that a Colt LE6920 is barely scrapping bottom as far as quality AR15s go and that if you don't have a LARUE,KAC,LWRC,HK, Uber rifle you are
lower than snake shit.

Well Arfcom, I wasn't always Tier 1. In fact when I started out I was Tier -87, and only with the help of this website have I finally become at least Tier 3.14.

So without further ado; I present my first AR15, a Bushmaster bought from CTD (the horrors) in 2004 for $599 topped with an NCstar scope (sound of uncontrollable laughing).

Today I still own it, but you would be hard pressed to recognize it. It has been transformed into an M4gery with an ACOG TAO1, Surefire, grip pod, and a YHM suppressor.

Now fellow arfcom brethren, it is time for us to admit we were not birthed into this world already Tier 1, covered in Arc'teryx, and equipped with top shelf, high speed, low drag, gear.

So come clean and admit to your humble beginnings and let's all marvel on the journey from basement dweller to beard sporting tacticool commandos! Let's see those ugly guns!!

Bonus points for Tapco and NcStar.

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 4:48:10 PM EDT
[#1]
My first AR was a really nice M&P15. I put one of those $89 6-24x50 cheapass scopes with the illuminated reticule on it.
Now it's cerakoted and has a nice ACOG.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 4:50:41 PM EDT
[#2]
The first time I touched a 5.56 rifle was when it was issued to meet in the Marines.

I was never "tier" anything,  but one of my MOSs was 0352.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 4:54:39 PM EDT
[#3]
No Glock/1911? Where are your level IV plates? Do you have a shemagh? You should get a shemagh. How many mags do you have? Probably not enough; you should buy more. Why don't you have BUIS? Pics of wife and/or dag? You do get partial credit for having your foot in one pic. Why is your rifle unloaded? Your lack of a sling is disturbing. Is that a standard charging handle?.. Whatever, it's your funeral.

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 4:55:23 PM EDT
[#4]
DPMS lower, Bushmaster upper. Up until last year it didn't have a flash suppresor, but I dropped it off at American Spirit Arms in Scottsdale and had them thread the barrel and install one.

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 4:56:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No Glock/1911? Where are your level IV plates? Do you have a shemagh? You should get a shemagh. How many mags do you have? Probably not enough; you should buy more. Why don't you have BUIS? Pics of wife and/or dag? You do get partial credit for having your foot in one pic. Why is your rifle unloaded? Your lack of a sling is disturbing. Is that a standard charging handle?.. Whatever, it's your funeral.

View Quote

I didn't even notice that the first time.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 4:57:15 PM EDT
[#6]
" />

AZANG is also not tier 1 by Arfcom standards.

3 disgusting naked Colts.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 4:58:38 PM EDT
[#7]
My first was a Bushmaster as well. It has yet to have any sort of issue at all. My other is the disgusting Colt LE6920 and I am actually Tier1 +
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 5:09:32 PM EDT
[#8]
ETA, totally forgot about the Bushmaster Carbon 15 I bought the day after getting home from the desert

I'm not sure which tier I'm on but my shit works for me.

Built this one way back when LMT was pretty high on the 'chart'

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 5:11:42 PM EDT
[#9]
I'll try to find a pic later, but my first pistol was a Taurus PT145.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 5:28:58 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote
LOL.  If we all had a nickle for every time we heard those things.  Well said sir  

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 5:30:22 PM EDT
[#11]

I am so Tier Lame that I put myself in the trash can...

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 5:34:19 PM EDT
[#12]
I can play on this one....

First picture...
LR-308:  24" fluted stainless steel barrel, slick-side high-rise upper stock FF forearm, no-name optics mount, palm-rest grip, A2 Stock,  Stock trigger. I did, at least, have a Leupold Mk IV optic.
AR:  DTI upper, YHM light-weight forearm (cheese grater), YHM clamp-on specter gas block, palm-rest grip, heavy aluminum fore-grip, no-name optics mount, M4 Stock on commercial tube, Millet DMR optic (heavy and bulky)

Circa 2008:

Second Picture: Not Tier Unobtanium, but I am happy with it.

LR-308:  18" non-fluted carbine gas barrel, JP Cooley Tactical Brake, SWS E1 Forearm, Forward assist, low upper,   MIAD grip, Surefire ladder rail covers, Larue SPR optics mount, CTR stock, Magpul Pro Rear BUIS, YHM front BUIS, RR 2 stage trigger. Still have the Leupold Mk IV.  Oh... and LOOONG Harris bipod for varmint hunting.

AR:  16" carbine upper, cut-down pinned gas block, Fortis Rev 14 forearm, M16 BCG, Magpul MOE grip, Magpul Foregrip,  Mil-Spec Magpul CTR, YHM BUIS , Aimpoint M3 4MOA, Laure Cantilever Mount,

Circa now:

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 5:54:35 PM EDT
[#13]
I'll be tier 87 forever. I'm a pragmatist, not a bragmatist. More power to the guys with nice stuff, but I can't stand the guys who knock stuff that works for no reason other than they paid more and feel the need to let you know about it.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 7:41:47 PM EDT
[#14]
I started out in the wayback when there were not many options . My first AR was an A2 upper with a 16 inch Bushwhacker barrel , a nothing special m-4 stock and a PWA lower . I think it had a Hogue grip. I added green followers to my mags
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 7:57:29 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm young. Spent a lot of time here reading tech/GD before I was old enough to buy an AR, So my first one was a custom build.  KAC URX, Billet lower, 16" Rainier Barrel. ect.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 8:25:56 PM EDT
[#16]
My first black rifle was an M16A2 in the Marines.  My next one was a Mini I bought not long after I got out.  I sold it before too long, and didn't buy anything similar for a dozen years, when I purchased the first two halves of my current black rifles.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 8:30:41 PM EDT
[#17]
My first AR was a scAR 16..

I was pretty tier 1 from the start.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 8:35:08 PM EDT
[#18]
My first AR15 was a Mini-14.  But it had the cool factory folding stock.  What tier was I?

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 8:45:20 PM EDT
[#19]
my first AR was a high standard stripped lower with a del-ton HBAR 16" carbine kit.

These were my last two:

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 9:13:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
My first AR15 was a Mini-14.  But it had the cool factory folding stock.  What tier was I?

View Quote

You were Tier A.  As in "A Team."

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 9:13:36 PM EDT
[#21]
My first AR was/is a patrolmans carbine.  Works just fine.  Windham built.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 9:14:47 PM EDT
[#22]
None of my 7 ARs are free floated.

Please bring flowers to my funeral
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 9:18:17 PM EDT
[#23]
I'll never be somebody else's definition of "Tier 1" and I don't lose any sleep over it.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 9:23:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Meh your barrel is too long.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 9:26:33 PM EDT
[#25]
I lack an e penis.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 9:29:28 PM EDT
[#26]
I would show you pics of my rifles, but they're so high speed that they self pixelate.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 9:41:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Why is your barrel so long  
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 9:45:36 PM EDT
[#28]
My dad used to have one of these... He had to sell it, one day I'll try to buy it back.

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 9:46:26 PM EDT
[#29]
I bought my first AR15 in 2004 during the ban, and I didnt own an optic for any of my AR's until 2010 when I bought a used ACOG.

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 9:47:05 PM EDT
[#30]
I was going to mention my first AR - it was a Bushmaster 20".
However it had a gov't profile 1/7 barrel, which was hot shit right around the time the AWB sunset. So maybe that grants me some cred?

I did put a Fobus railed handguard on it. Ugh what a POS that was. Heavy, bulky, I'll-fitting crap. It was what convinced me to stop dicking around wasting cash on junk accessories and get quality items the first time around.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 9:49:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 9:56:43 PM EDT
[#32]

Tier meh.

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 10:06:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Wow, I don't think I have ever had Aimless post in one of my threads before? Does that make me an Arfcomcelebrity?

I can't even keep up with the definitions of what is tier 1 anymore. As to why my barrel is so long?

Dunno, just never got around to making it an SBR.

Oh, and I will post a picture of my wife, when she was still just my girlfriend, holding my fugly ass tier 87 rifle. Thus proving that chicks don't care if it is high speed, or low drag, as long as it goes BANG everytime!  

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 10:09:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Silly me..I thought it was about marksmanship
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 10:10:50 PM EDT
[#35]
My first AR-15 was a RRA lower that I bought just before the 2008 election and then I was given a Bushmaster 14.5" A1 upper as a tip from a hunter.  I love the old iron sights more than any optic.  My kids killed their first bucks with that upper and iron sights when they were four and six at about fifty yards.  My second and first 7.62 rifle was a RRA LAR-8 16" barrel with a YHM Ti Suppressor which was my go to AR until I got my AAC .300 BLK in 9" barrel.  
"
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 10:19:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Looks pretty good op.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top