Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/3/2015 3:40:31 PM EDT
It should be an automatic BAN for posting that shit! I've also had it happen a few times when simply opening a post.

Seems like a good way infect devices.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 4:05:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
It should be an automatic BAN for posting that shit! I've also had it happen a few times when simply opening a post.

View Quote

Why do you hate freedom, OP?
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 4:07:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 4:09:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I wan't aware there was something a user could post on arfcom, that would automatically start downloading something.

Is there an example thread where this is happening?
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 4:20:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Are you using an iphone or other mobile device?  I have a problem with the adds opening the app store.  Pain in the ass.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 4:29:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I wan't aware there was something a user could post on arfcom, that would automatically start downloading something.

View Quote

There's currently a post in the ammunition forum with a link that forces a download of a .pdf

There have also been posts in GD that merely opening the post forces a download.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 4:29:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

There's currently a post in the ammunition forum with a link that forces a download of a .pdf

There have also been posts in GD that merely opening the post forces a download.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting. What's the name of the thread in the ammo forum? I'm kind of curious how they're doing this.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 4:34:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Interesting. What's the name of the thread in the ammo forum? I'm kind of curious how they're doing this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This one, second post in the thread:

http:// http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_16/674384_One_door_closes__another_opens_____maybe_.html&page=1&anc=6851993#i6851993
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 4:34:12 PM EDT
[#8]
OST
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 4:35:18 PM EDT
[#9]
If your browser doesn't have the appropriate plugins or configuration to view a PDF, it will attempt to download it.

Standard behavior.

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 4:36:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If your browser doesn't have the appropriate plugins or configuration to view a PDF, it will attempt to download it.

Standard behavior.

View Quote

Interesting.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 4:40:49 PM EDT
[#11]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http:// http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_16/674384_One_door_closes__another_opens_____maybe_.html&page=1&anc=6851993#i6851993

Are you actually clicking on the pdf link or something? Of course it's going to download it. You're clicking on a link to a file.

I thought you were looking at a thread that automatically started downloading files, without you initiating it.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 4:43:21 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Are you actually clicking on the pdf link or something? Of course it's going to download it. You're clicking on a link to a file.

I thought you were looking at a thread that automatically started downloading files, without you initiating it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Me too.

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 5:14:00 PM EDT
[#13]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, that's because it's a link to a PDF.  It's what's SUPPOSED to happen.  The URL actually displays text that shows it's a PDF.

Oh, and you can specify what action to take when clicking links like those, download, prompt, view, etc.  See your browser help file.

ould happen when you
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 5:37:05 PM EDT
[#14]
My mozilla and chrome both just open it in another tab.

Now on my android, it used to be that I could only view embedded youtube vids by opening them in a link, as of late
I can view them within the forum but links actually start downloading them to the device.

Did the forum software change on this?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top