Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2015 3:17:31 PM EDT
I don't think they are cabin cruisers, I equate those as a more pleasure craft type of boat, these look more like working boats.

I like the idea of an small enclosed space with hardtop to get out of the elements.

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 3:18:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Dikfer Skiffs.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 3:19:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Fishing boat, there're 2 dickfirs mounted!!  

Damn, beat by seconds!!
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 3:20:29 PM EDT
[#3]
We used to build jet boats very similar to those. Most got shipped to Alaska for use by outfitters that ordered them. I don't recollect them having any particular name.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 3:20:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I've always heard them called work boats.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 3:21:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I've heard that kind of enclosure called a pilot house.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 3:22:21 PM EDT
[#6]
duckworth?
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 3:22:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Ugly
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 3:23:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Welded Aluminum Fishing boats.  

or maybe...

welded aluminum fishing and sporting boats

http://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-forum/24146-downsides-welded-aluminum-boat.html

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 3:23:38 PM EDT
[#9]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

duckworth?
View Quote
Hey, those look very similar, thanks!

http://www.duckworthboats.com
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 3:24:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Not sure on the exact nomenclature but Aluminum work boat or fishing boat is close. They are very popular in the PNW and AK. They have good stability, are durable and the enclosed wheelhouse gives you refuge from the rain. I have fished from twin outboard versions and really liked them. They were fast and comfortable.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 3:26:28 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

duckworth?
View Quote

ThunderJet was the company I worked for. Lewiston, Idaho.  

That's a really common jet-boat design. Most manufacturers use a similar design.

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 3:27:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Down here around the Louisiana coast the oil companies use these a lot. We just call them work boats.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 3:29:33 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Down here around the Louisiana coast the oil companies use these a lot. We just call them work boats.
View Quote
I think they would kick ass for cruising up and down the St. Johns River and near offshore, can get inside when a thunderstorm erupts, mount a radar on the roof.

I am guessing cost is why not more popular here.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 3:29:46 PM EDT
[#14]
bowrider, enclosed partially,  or  North east, north west fishin boat
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 3:31:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
We used to build jet boats very similar to those. Most got shipped to Alaska for use by outfitters that ordered them. I don't recollect them having any particular name.
View Quote

They look like jet boats to me as well.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 3:32:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I think they would kick ass for cruising up and down the St. Johns River and near offshore, can get inside when a thunderstorm erupts, mount a radar on the roof.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd also imagine that without an air conditioner you would die at low speeds.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 3:33:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

my guess is Floridians don't need "enclosed" because they get off the water when the Wx turns nasty.....  instead of $$$ spent on comfort they put it in the engine.  But you cant outrun light'nin.

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 3:34:16 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I assume a FL version would have windows that could open, or flip down the windshield or something.

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 3:35:22 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
my guess is Floridians don't need "enclosed" because they get off the water when the Wx turns nasty.....  instead of $$$ spent on comfort they put it in the engine.

http://bwd.live.mediaspanonline.com/assets/7746147/Engines_02.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

my guess is Floridians don't need "enclosed" because they get off the water when the Wx turns nasty.....  instead of $$$ spent on comfort they put it in the engine.

The brodozer of the water

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 3:37:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I assume a FL version would have windows that could open, or flip down the windshield or something.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It wouldn't be too hard to slap a roof mounted climate control unit on there... Just make sure it's marine rated.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 3:37:38 PM EDT
[#21]
No, it won't fit in the back of your Ranger...
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 3:37:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I've heard that kind of enclosure called a pilot house.
View Quote

Yup.  Pilothouse.  In kodiak, we pretty much just called them by the manufacturers name... ie hewescraft.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 3:38:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol...  yep.....slow with power is my idea of a dozer though....dozer, not "sleeper"

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 3:39:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Yeah, pilot house was the term that came to mind
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 3:40:59 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
It wouldn't be too hard to slap a roof mounted climate control unit on there... Just make sure it's marine rated.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

True, I used to have a A/C unit on a boat I had in Tampa, needed shore power though to run it, it was for when docked and sleeping on the boat.

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 3:41:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Enclosed utility .... in old school wood boat speak
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 3:41:23 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

duckworth?

I saw that post and thought "duckworth" was gonna be another joke like "dickfer" or "henway".
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 3:42:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

lol...  yep.....slow with power is my idea of a dozer though....dozer, not "sleeper"

http://cdns.gentlemansgazette.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/High-Performance.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://cdns.gentlemansgazette.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/High-Performance.jpg

Dayum! Yamaha outboards are the teets btw.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 3:43:03 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tow boat, I assume

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 3:44:35 PM EDT
[#30]
drug seizure! iirc

lol..."hey Bob,  there's a problem with the number 6 wiring harness...can you check it out?"
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 3:45:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Dory?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top