Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2015 11:42:34 PM EDT
http://fox13now.com/2015/05/02/man-with-conceal-carry-permit-shoots-suspected-carjacker-in-orem-police-say/

Righteous shoot.

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 11:45:15 PM EDT
[#1]
GoodShoot

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 11:56:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Good shoot
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 12:03:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Can't get much safer than the middle of Utah, but this shit can happen anywhere.

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 12:07:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Gotta love Utah...

“If someone is trying to break into your vehicle, especially while you are in it, that’s considered a forcible felony under Utah law and under that code section it says you can use any force necessary to stop the person who is in the commission of that forcible felony,” he said.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 12:24:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Gotta love Utah...

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Gotta love Utah...

“If someone is trying to break into your vehicle, especially while you are in it, that’s considered a forcible felony under Utah law and under that code section it says you can use any force necessary to stop the person who is in the commission of that forcible felony,” he said.

Florida laws are similar. Forcible felony in progress is a green light.

Good shoot. Looks like there was a fair quantity of brass on the ground.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 12:33:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Good.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 12:41:04 AM EDT
[#7]
dupe, but still a good shoot.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 12:44:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Hw was being a good citizen and helping the lady get out of her vehicle is how they gonna spin it .
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 12:47:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Hw was being a good citizen and helping the lady get out of her vehicle is how they gonna spin it .
View Quote

We're in Utah. It doesn't matter how they spin it. About the only thing that gets our dander up enough to do something is the damn BLM.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 12:50:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gotta love Utah...

You sure about that?  I was told differently.

The woman had already vacated the vehicle. In Florida you cannot shoot to defend property. I guess there is the citizens arrest stuff...
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 12:52:17 AM EDT
[#11]
20 years ago (Dec 1995) I defended myself from 2 attempted car jackers in Orem, UT the evening after I took my CHL course.

Orem isn't always the happy valley some think it is.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 12:53:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
20 years ago (Dec 1995) I defended myself from 2 attempted car jackers in Orem, UT the evening after I took my CHL course.

Orem isn't always the happy valley some think it is.
View Quote

Orem is like Provo's evil twin
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 1:00:15 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

GoodShoot

View Quote
at first i was going to say dont threaten deadly force because of the "struggle" comment in the front of the video, but after the explanation that apeared to put the ccw holder outside of hand to hand range, shooting the suspect as he lunged, i have no fault with how he handled it. he even gave the suspect a chance to end it peacefully, which while dangerous, builds a good picture for the shooter.

good shoot. stay safe out there
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 1:02:13 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

The woman had already vacated the vehicle. In Florida you cannot shoot to defend property. I guess there is the citizens arrest stuff...
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gotta love Utah...

"If someone is trying to break into your vehicle, especially while you are in it, that’s considered a forcible felony under Utah law and under that code section it says you can use any force necessary to stop the person who is in the commission of that forcible felony,” he said.

its still a forcible felony because she was dragged out of her car, and the perp could have easily run her over or worse, secondly the moment the perp rushes, its reasonable fear of deadly force. so he is covered on multiple fronts.

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 1:09:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Perp had previous felony convictions too.

Good shoot!

And being in UT, especially Utah County, defender will be convicted of nothing.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top