Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2015 3:17:09 PM EDT
Thinking of getting an inexpensive assembled upper but not sure which to get.  Gonna be fit a carbine, not s precision shooter.  I seem to remember a post saying there was a significant difference but not sure if that was just someone's opinion.
Thoughts?

Thx!
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 3:26:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Not sure about the ptac stuff but the freedom midlength stainless upper I got from them is a great shooter.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 3:36:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I have PSA, Freedom and PTAC rifles from PSA,  

IMHO I can't tell the difference in them.  Accuracy or reliabilitywise.

I have just been a casual range shooter never too a course, other than those sponsored by Uncle Sam.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 3:43:41 PM EDT
[#3]
What exactly is a Freedom Upper ?

I mean, what's the difference between it and a regular PSA upper ?
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 4:00:40 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What exactly is a Freedom Upper ?

I mean, what's the difference between it and a regular PSA upper ?
View Quote
I would like to know this as well.

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 4:07:05 PM EDT
[#5]
PTAC is actually a smallish company, Patriot Tactical, that PSA is the sole distributor for.

PSA Freedom line is their own budget brand. Then there's the regular PSA line and then the Premium line.

PTAC had a huge problem with some barrels they shipped in late '13 / early '14.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 4:10:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
PTAC is actually a smallish company, Patriot Tactical, that PSA is the sole distributor for.

PSA Freedom line is their own budget brand. Then there's the regular PSA line and then the Premium line.

View Quote

Thanks, I haven't looked at the site yet, do you know if  these barrels chromed lined ?
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 4:11:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

I got some of those barrels. They looked to be pitted on the inside. I found that shooting 20 to 50 rounds down them made them bright and shiny.  I always felt it was park solution that cause it.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 2:26:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Bump for night crew
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 2:31:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I got some of those barrels. They looked to be pitted on the inside. I found that shooting 20 to 50 rounds down them made them bright and shiny.  I always felt it was park solution that cause it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think it was just the parkerizing.  There were a lot of pics that showed bores with rifling that looked like it was cut with a rock or something. Rough chambers,  key holing,  just awful shit that never should have been shipped.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 1:48:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top