Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2015 2:13:33 PM EDT
Alien gear holsters and cross breed holsters, from people that on both what one do you like better?
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 2:18:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Crossbreed.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 2:20:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Alien gear for me and I have owned both. a mini tuck from CB and a cloak tuck 2.0 from AG. The AG required ZERO break in time and the neoprene backing is comfy as fuck. Of course with that you lose a tiny bit of retention as it stretches but I have never had any issues and I carry 8-10 hrs a day in it. Even after my mini tuck got broken in there was an edge from the leather that kept digging into my hip whenever I sat so it was a bit of a pain in the ass.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 2:24:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Tagged.

I'm thinking of getting the AG with leather backer.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 2:25:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I really dislike my crossbread for my p229.  I was so mad last night that I took it off and carried my G19/ Incog instead.

Hate that fucking thing. Leather bounds up on the decocker/ it pushes the slide out of battery.  I swear its going to get caught on my tigger and discharge it.

Fuck that POS.

ETA: Definitely not broken in, but I will never buy a leather backed holster again.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 2:29:06 PM EDT
[#5]
loved my CB, but didn't like the metal clips. When the Kydex began splitting after four years of everyday use, I ordered the AG 2.0. It had thicker, sturdier, adjustable kydex and plastic clips which I liked better. But the neoprene-backed leather was a huge turn-off. Didn't feel right, didn't conform properly and just felt cheap. Called AG and ordered the leather 1.0 backing for $16 and made it the CB holster I always wanted, still for 1/2 the price.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 2:35:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Have both, I'm not super critical.  They both get the job done and I can't say that one is better than the other but I go with AG because of the price.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 2:36:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I really dislike my crossbread for my p229.  I was so mad last night that I took it off and carried my G19/ Incog instead.

Hate that fucking thing. Leather bounds up on the decocker/ it pushes the slide out of battery.  I swear its going to get caught on my tigger and discharge it.

Fuck that POS.

ETA: Definitely not broken in, but I will never buy a leather backed holster again.
View Quote

I hate leather holsters.  Kydex is so superior in every meaningful way that I don't even know why leather is still made/used.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 2:38:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 2:40:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Tagged.

View Quote

I am in this boat too. Co worker got an AG holster - mostly on all the positive reviews - and has loved it.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 2:42:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Fuck that POS.

View Quote

Try a Raven
I carry a 229 in one and love it.

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 2:42:48 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm in the Crossbreed camp.  After some initial break in, I rubbed it down with a generous coating of neatsfoot oil and let it set.  After that treatment, i forget it's there.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 2:47:20 PM EDT
[#12]
So apparently leather hostlers are like cast iron pans... voodoo to break them in.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 2:48:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Ordered an AG for my CZ po7 and got a holster for a cz 75. sent an email and was forced to ship back the shell and wait two weeks for the correct shell to arrive so it took me close to 10 weeks to get a holster i could use. As for the holster its not to bad i'm happy with it but will not order anything else form them.  
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 2:52:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Try a Raven

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck that POS.

Try a Raven

IWB?  I've been looking for an appendix carry IWB w/ 1 spare mag caddy for a 229.

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 2:52:31 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm not impressed with AG after using them for a while.. the swappable clamshells don't seem to maintain their retention very well. I have to use the shortest screw/spacers and still with it bottomed out, the pistol wiggles more than I like. It might just be the specific molds I'm using.

I don't have any Crossbreeds right now, but I prefer my MTACs to the AG.

Quoted:

I hate leather holsters.  Kydex is so superior in every meaningful way that I don't even know why leather is still made/used.
View Quote

Except, you know, comfort.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 2:53:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Crossbreed is the better holster, but it's not twice the price better. Kydex is my holster of choice though.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 2:57:41 PM EDT
[#17]
I have both. Crossbreed for me.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 3:03:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Tagged.

View Quote

I have AG holsters with the leather and the neoprene. I prefer the leather. No problems with it bunching up or anything either. Plan on an 8 week wait to get the thing though.

I haven't tried a crossbreed.

I do have a Galco "King Tuk". I'd like it better than either AG if it didn't make so much noise. As is, I don't use it at all.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 3:08:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Comptac M-Tac is the nicest holster I've ever owned. My Alien Gear is about half the price, half the quality, but works fine. I'd rather it over the Galco King Tuk I have.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top