Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2015 1:23:54 PM EDT
Im stil new to paypal. Ive had 3 buyers send me money for items bought on the EE. 2 of the 3 were the amount asked for in full. The 3rd was the amount minus "fees". Why did one have fees and the others not?
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 1:25:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Im stil new to paypal. Ive had 3 buyers send me money for items bought on the EE. 2 of the 3 were the amount asked for in full. The 3rd was the amount minus "fees". Why did one have fees and the others not?
View Quote

"Mystery" items again . . .
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 1:26:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Were two of the transactions listed as "gifts"?
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 1:28:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Says nothing on the transaction receipt as gift, it does have a link for issuing a refund however as states "as payment".
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 1:29:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Nobody likes paying those anti gun bastard's fees.

The way we roll on the EE is to DISCRETELY send it as a gift or the buyer pays the fees.

If you send it as a gift there are no fees but you take the risk of the buyer welching with no consequence. Make sure they are a well established member before the transaction.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 1:32:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Squelching?
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 1:34:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Squelching?
View Quote

It's like welching, but more squealy-wealy.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 1:39:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Squelching?
View Quote

drank to much gin last night
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 2:16:11 PM EDT
[#8]
2 people sent their payments as "gifts".  This is supposed to be for friends and family sending payments to eachother and is not charged fees.  Commercial transactions, such as EE, are supposed to go through the normal paypal payment route which charges fees.

Most in EE ask for buyers to send their payments as "gifts" with no comments about what was purchased.  I think this is against paypals terms of use (I haven't read them), so if the transaction is fraudulent, then you aren't covered by paypal fraud protection.  And if caught doing the "gifting" thing, they could terminate your account.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 2:21:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
2 people sent their payments as "gifts".  This is supposed to be for friends and family sending payments to eachother and is not charged fees.  Commercial transactions, such as EE, are supposed to go through the normal paypal payment route which charges fees.

Most in EE ask for buyers to send their payments as "gifts" with no comments about what was purchased.  I think this is against paypals terms of use (I haven't read them), so if the transaction is fraudulent, then you aren't covered by paypal fraud protection.  And if caught doing the "gifting" thing, they could terminate your account.
View Quote

Gun related transactions are against the terms of use anyway. So there is no additional risk using the gift method.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 2:23:45 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Squelching?

View Quote

You know, it is what libtards do!!!

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 2:24:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Squelching?

We doing transactions via CB now?
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 2:28:11 PM EDT
[#12]
So there is no additional risk using the gift method.
View Quote

Sure there is. If the seller stiffs you, you're screwed, no way of filing a claim.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 2:59:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Gun related transactions are against the terms of use anyway. So there is no additional risk using the gift method.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can buy all the gun parts you want on ebay using paypal.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 3:05:54 PM EDT
[#14]
If they pay through their bank account it's free, if they put it on plastic it's not, IIRC.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 6:52:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If they pay through their bank account it's free, if they put it on plastic it's not, IIRC.
View Quote

For commercial transactions, there is a charge whether cash or credit card.

For "gift", it's free for cash transfers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top