Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2015 11:38:34 AM EDT
I was surprised to read how many people dont carry at work. Fortunately my boss and his boss are okay with guns. hell my suspervisor had a 20" AR in his cubicle most of the week and his boss called me out to the parking lot to look at a Colt AR15-A2 slab side AR a couple days ago.

So where else dont you carry?
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 11:43:30 AM EDT
[#1]

PROHIBITED AREAS Section 65. Prohibited areas.

(a) A licensee under this Act shall not knowingly carry a firearm on or into:

(1) Any building, real property, and parking area under the control of a public or private elementary or secondary school.

(2) Any building, real property, and parking area under the control of a pre-school or child care facility, including any room or portion of a building under the control of a pre-school or child care facility. Nothing in this paragraph shall prevent the operator of a child care facility in a family home from owning or possessing a firearm in the home or license under this Act, if no child under child care at the home is present in the home or the firearm in the home is stored in a locked container when a child under child care at the home is present in the home.

(3) Any building, parking area, or portion of a building under the control of an officer of the executive or legislative branch of government, provided that nothing in this paragraph shall prohibit a licensee from carrying a concealed firearm onto the real property, bikeway, or trail in a park regulated by the Department of Natural Resources or any other designated public hunting area or building where firearm possession is permitted as established by the Department of Natural Resources under Section 1.8 of the Wildlife Code.

(4) Any building designated for matters before a circuit court, appellate court, or the Supreme Court, or any building or portion of a building under the control of the Supreme Court.

(5) Any building or portion of a building under the control of a unit of local government.

(6) Any building, real property, and parking area under the control of an adult or juvenile detention or correctional institution, prison, or jail.

(7) Any building, real property, and parking area under the control of a public or private hospital or hospital affiliate, mental health facility, or nursing home.

(8) Any bus, train, or form of transportation paid for in whole or in part with public funds, and any building, real property, and parking area under the control of a public transportation facility paid for in whole or in part with public funds.

(9) Any building, real property, and parking area under the control of an establishment that serves alcohol on its premises, if more than 50% of the establishment's gross receipts within the prior 3 months is from the sale of alcohol. The owner of an establishment who knowingly fails to prohibit concealed firearms on its premises as provided in this paragraph or who knowingly makes a false statement or record to avoid the prohibition on concealed firearms under this paragraph is subject to the penalty under subsection (c-5) of Section 10-1 of the Liquor Control Act of 1934.

(10) Any public gathering or special event conducted on property open to the public that requires the issuance of a permit from the unit of local government, provided this prohibition shall not apply to a licensee who must walk through a public gathering in order to access his or her residence, place of business, or vehicle.

(11) Any building or real property that has been issued a Special Event Retailer's license as defined in Section 1-3.17.1 of the Liquor Control Act during the time designated for the sale of alcohol by the Special Event Retailer's license, or a Special use permit license as defined in subsection (q) of Section 5-1 of the Liquor Control Act during the time designated for the sale of alcohol by the Special use permit license.

(12) Any public playground.

(13) Any public park, athletic area, or athletic facility under the control of a municipality or park district, provided nothing in this Section shall prohibit a licensee from carrying a concealed firearm while on a trail or bikeway if only a portion of the trail or bikeway includes a public park.

(14) Any real property under the control of the Cook County Forest Preserve District.

(15) Any building, classroom, laboratory, medical clinic, hospital, artistic venue, athletic venue, entertainment venue, officially recognized university-related organization property, whether owned or leased, and any real property, including parking areas, sidewalks, and common areas under the control of a public or private community college, college, or university.

(16) Any building, real property, or parking area under the control of a gaming facility licensed under the Riverboat Gambling Act or the Illinois Horse Racing Act of 1975, including an inter-track wagering location licensee.

(17) Any stadium, arena, or the real property or parking area under the control of a stadium, arena, or any collegiate or professional sporting event.

(18) Any building, real property, or parking area under the control of a public library.

(19) Any building, real property, or parking area under the control of an airport.

(20) Any building, real property, or parking area under the control of an amusement park.

(21) Any building, real property, or parking area under the control of a zoo or museum.

(22) Any street, driveway, parking area, property, building, or facility, owned, leased, controlled, or used by a nuclear energy, storage, weapons, or development site or facility regulated by the federal Nuclear Regulatory Commission. The licensee shall not under any circumstance store a firearm or ammunition in his or her vehicle or in a compartment or container within a vehicle located anywhere in or on the street, driveway, parking area, property,building, or facility described in this paragraph.

(23) Any area where firearms are prohibited under federal law.

(a-5) Nothing in this Act shall prohibit a public or private community college, college, or university from:

(1) prohibiting persons from carrying a firearm within a vehicle owned, leased, or controlled by the college or university;

(2) developing resolutions, regulations, or policies regarding student, employee, or visitor misconduct and discipline, including suspension and expulsion;

(3) developing resolutions, regulations, or policies regarding the storage or maintenance of firearms, which must include designated areas where persons can park vehicles that carry firearms; and

(4) permitting the carrying or use of firearms for the purpose of instruction and curriculum of officially recognized programs, including but not limited to military science and law enforcement training programs, or in any designated area used for hunting purposes or target shooting.

(a-10) The owner of private real property of any type may prohibit the carrying of concealed firearms on the property under his or her control. The owner must post a sign in accordance with subsection (d) of this Section indicating that firearms are prohibited on the property, unless the property is a private residence.

(b) Notwithstanding subsections (a), (a-5), and (a-10) of this Section except under paragraph (22) or (23) of subsection (a), any licensee prohibited from carrying a concealed firearm into the parking area of a prohibited location specified in subsection (a), (a-5), or (a-10) of this Section shall be permitted to carry a concealed firearm on or about his or her person within a vehicle into the parking area and may store a firearm or ammunition concealed in a case within a locked vehicle or locked container out of plain view within the vehicle in the parking area. A licensee may carry a concealed firearm in the immediate area surrounding his or her vehicle within a prohibited parking lot area only for the limited purpose of storing or retrieving a firearm within the vehicle's trunk, provided the licensee ensures the concealed firearm is unloaded prior to exiting the vehicle. For purposes of this subsection, "case" includes a glove compartment or console that completely encloses the concealed firearm or ammunition, the trunk of the vehicle, or a firearm carrying box, shipping box, or other container.

(c) A licensee shall not be in violation of this Section while he or she is traveling along a public right of way that touches or crosses any of the premises under subsection (a),

(a-5), or (a-10) of this Section if the concealed firearm is carried on his or her person in accordance with the provisions of this Act or is being transported in a vehicle by the licensee in accordance with all other applicable provisions of law.

(d) Signs stating that the carrying of firearms is prohibited shall be clearly and conspicuously posted at the entrance of a building, premises, or real property specified in this Section as a prohibited area, unless the building or premises is a private residence. Signs shall be of a uniform design as established by the Department and shall be 4 inches by 6 inches in size. The Department shall adopt rules for standardized signs to be used under this subsection.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 11:45:34 AM EDT
[#2]
#KALIFORNIA....
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 11:46:32 AM EDT
[#3]
how about never? i call 911 for help
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 11:52:53 AM EDT
[#4]
can't carry at one of my jobs, other one is LE, so I carry there.

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 11:54:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Ahh, NH is great in this regard.

Places prohibited: courthouse or any place used for court.  The end.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 11:55:28 AM EDT
[#6]
I work at a N.A.S.A. facility on a military arsenal. Not carrying there. Sux because I have to drive through Indin country to get there sometimes.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 11:57:22 AM EDT
[#7]
about the only places i dont carry.. are at work..  the courthouse, and when i go to kids school...... because work can and will fire you, if ANYONE ever suspected you had a gun....... and the court house has a metal detector, and get caught on school grounds permit or not and you will be hurting bad.

....... i have no problems going anywhere else..... and i ignore no gun signs. all they can do is ask you to leave the store. iv never had anyone notice that im aware of in 20 years of carrying.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 12:04:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I carry wherever it's legal which is just about everywhere.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 12:05:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
can't carry at one of my jobs, other one is LE, so I carry there.

View Quote

For now
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 12:39:01 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't carry where I know it is prohibited, and they are likely to check.  However, I typically avoid such places altogether.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 12:40:16 PM EDT
[#11]
My job is chemical, water, pulp, waste, collection and testing at many different paper mills. GP, IP, R-T, etc, all have no gun policy posted and some search every truck entered on their property.
So carry is a no no. But I do keep a glock hidden in my truck that the $8/hr security is too lazy to find.

Chances are if you work for a national corporation they have a no gun policy.
If I'm reading the law correctly, we have the right to have a gun locked in our vehicle on company property, just can't carry in. But all jobs I've had or companies I've visited say they will search and fire you for possession of weapons.
I think if someone followed the AL Sharpton method and sued them for just saying that in training the anti gun policy would stop.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 12:42:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
#KALIFORNIA....
View Quote

Move to a free county.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 12:43:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Can't carry on the DOD installation I work on...
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 12:53:49 PM EDT
[#14]
The only time I've ever carried at work was when there was a huge flair up in the whole Ferguson mess. I was working in a comedy club with a well known black comedian who is very opinionated on the situation. Carrying at work is verboten. Grounds for immediate termination.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 12:54:57 PM EDT
[#15]

All of the above.

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 1:03:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Can't carry at work, I havnt been in a courthouse forever "I'm ok with that" so that's about it, I always carry when I'm not at the office, we can have guns in are cars no problem.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 1:05:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.  I let the professionals do the talking.......
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 1:06:40 PM EDT
[#18]
We are forbidden from carrying heat (or swords) at work.  Wiil be fired if caught.  Zero tolerance.
ETA:  Can't even have them in our cars on the property.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 1:08:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 1:13:42 PM EDT
[#20]
While in NH, anywhere I can legally.
Unfortunately I work in communist State of MA, so no carry there.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 1:22:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Against the law for me to have a gun at work.(School)
Everywhere else that's not against the law, I carry.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 1:28:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

All of the above.

View Quote

I don't see why not.  In NY it's legal to carry in most of those places.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 1:29:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Seldom.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 1:31:45 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I was surprised to read how many people dont carry at work. Fortunately my boss and his boss are okay with guns. hell my suspervisor had a 20" AR in his cubicle most of the week and his boss called me out to the parking lot to look at a Colt AR15-A2 slab side AR a couple days ago.

View Quote
I can't carry at work

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 1:40:34 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I can't carry at work

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I can't carry at work

It's prohibited to carry on company property, but since I am outside sales and rarely on company property, I carry everywhere the law allows.

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 1:47:37 PM EDT
[#26]
The first 4 as that it is illegal.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 1:48:44 PM EDT
[#27]
If I'm dressed I'm carrying.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 1:55:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

PROHIBITED AREAS Section 65. Prohibited areas.

(a) A licensee under this Act shall not knowingly carry a firearm on or into:

(1) Any building, real property, and parking area under the control of a public or private elementary or secondary school.

(2) Any building, real property, and parking area under the control of a pre-school or child care facility, including any room or portion of a building under the control of a pre-school or child care facility. Nothing in this paragraph shall prevent the operator of a child care facility in a family home from owning or possessing a firearm in the home or license under this Act, if no child under child care at the home is present in the home or the firearm in the home is stored in a locked container when a child under child care at the home is present in the home.

(3) Any building, parking area, or portion of a building under the control of an officer of the executive or legislative branch of government, provided that nothing in this paragraph shall prohibit a licensee from carrying a concealed firearm onto the real property, bikeway, or trail in a park regulated by the Department of Natural Resources or any other designated public hunting area or building where firearm possession is permitted as established by the Department of Natural Resources under Section 1.8 of the Wildlife Code.

(4) Any building designated for matters before a circuit court, appellate court, or the Supreme Court, or any building or portion of a building under the control of the Supreme Court.

(5) Any building or portion of a building under the control of a unit of local government.

(6) Any building, real property, and parking area under the control of an adult or juvenile detention or correctional institution, prison, or jail.

(7) Any building, real property, and parking area under the control of a public or private hospital or hospital affiliate, mental health facility, or nursing home.

(8) Any bus, train, or form of transportation paid for in whole or in part with public funds, and any building, real property, and parking area under the control of a public transportation facility paid for in whole or in part with public funds.

(9) Any building, real property, and parking area under the control of an establishment that serves alcohol on its premises, if more than 50% of the establishment's gross receipts within the prior 3 months is from the sale of alcohol. The owner of an establishment who knowingly fails to prohibit concealed firearms on its premises as provided in this paragraph or who knowingly makes a false statement or record to avoid the prohibition on concealed firearms under this paragraph is subject to the penalty under subsection (c-5) of Section 10-1 of the Liquor Control Act of 1934.

(10) Any public gathering or special event conducted on property open to the public that requires the issuance of a permit from the unit of local government, provided this prohibition shall not apply to a licensee who must walk through a public gathering in order to access his or her residence, place of business, or vehicle.

(11) Any building or real property that has been issued a Special Event Retailer's license as defined in Section 1-3.17.1 of the Liquor Control Act during the time designated for the sale of alcohol by the Special Event Retailer's license, or a Special use permit license as defined in subsection (q) of Section 5-1 of the Liquor Control Act during the time designated for the sale of alcohol by the Special use permit license.

(12) Any public playground.

(13) Any public park, athletic area, or athletic facility under the control of a municipality or park district, provided nothing in this Section shall prohibit a licensee from carrying a concealed firearm while on a trail or bikeway if only a portion of the trail or bikeway includes a public park.

(14) Any real property under the control of the Cook County Forest Preserve District.

(15) Any building, classroom, laboratory, medical clinic, hospital, artistic venue, athletic venue, entertainment venue, officially recognized university-related organization property, whether owned or leased, and any real property, including parking areas, sidewalks, and common areas under the control of a public or private community college, college, or university.

(16) Any building, real property, or parking area under the control of a gaming facility licensed under the Riverboat Gambling Act or the Illinois Horse Racing Act of 1975, including an inter-track wagering location licensee.

(17) Any stadium, arena, or the real property or parking area under the control of a stadium, arena, or any collegiate or professional sporting event.

(18) Any building, real property, or parking area under the control of a public library.

(19) Any building, real property, or parking area under the control of an airport.

(20) Any building, real property, or parking area under the control of an amusement park.

(21) Any building, real property, or parking area under the control of a zoo or museum.

(22) Any street, driveway, parking area, property, building, or facility, owned, leased, controlled, or used by a nuclear energy, storage, weapons, or development site or facility regulated by the federal Nuclear Regulatory Commission. The licensee shall not under any circumstance store a firearm or ammunition in his or her vehicle or in a compartment or container within a vehicle located anywhere in or on the street, driveway, parking area, property,building, or facility described in this paragraph.

(23) Any area where firearms are prohibited under federal law.

(a-5) Nothing in this Act shall prohibit a public or private community college, college, or university from:

(1) prohibiting persons from carrying a firearm within a vehicle owned, leased, or controlled by the college or university;

(2) developing resolutions, regulations, or policies regarding student, employee, or visitor misconduct and discipline, including suspension and expulsion;

(3) developing resolutions, regulations, or policies regarding the storage or maintenance of firearms, which must include designated areas where persons can park vehicles that carry firearms; and

(4) permitting the carrying or use of firearms for the purpose of instruction and curriculum of officially recognized programs, including but not limited to military science and law enforcement training programs, or in any designated area used for hunting purposes or target shooting.

(a-10) The owner of private real property of any type may prohibit the carrying of concealed firearms on the property under his or her control. The owner must post a sign in accordance with subsection (d) of this Section indicating that firearms are prohibited on the property, unless the property is a private residence.

(b) Notwithstanding subsections (a), (a-5), and (a-10) of this Section except under paragraph (22) or (23) of subsection (a), any licensee prohibited from carrying a concealed firearm into the parking area of a prohibited location specified in subsection (a), (a-5), or (a-10) of this Section shall be permitted to carry a concealed firearm on or about his or her person within a vehicle into the parking area and may store a firearm or ammunition concealed in a case within a locked vehicle or locked container out of plain view within the vehicle in the parking area. A licensee may carry a concealed firearm in the immediate area surrounding his or her vehicle within a prohibited parking lot area only for the limited purpose of storing or retrieving a firearm within the vehicle's trunk, provided the licensee ensures the concealed firearm is unloaded prior to exiting the vehicle. For purposes of this subsection, "case" includes a glove compartment or console that completely encloses the concealed firearm or ammunition, the trunk of the vehicle, or a firearm carrying box, shipping box, or other container.

(c) A licensee shall not be in violation of this Section while he or she is traveling along a public right of way that touches or crosses any of the premises under subsection (a),

(a-5), or (a-10) of this Section if the concealed firearm is carried on his or her person in accordance with the provisions of this Act or is being transported in a vehicle by the licensee in accordance with all other applicable provisions of law.

(d) Signs stating that the carrying of firearms is prohibited shall be clearly and conspicuously posted at the entrance of a building, premises, or real property specified in this Section as a prohibited area, unless the building or premises is a private residence. Signs shall be of a uniform design as established by the Department and shall be 4 inches by 6 inches in size. The Department shall adopt rules for standardized signs to be used under this subsection.
View Quote

Illinois sucks.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 2:01:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Too much variation in whether or not the listed places are legal to carry.  Some vary by state.  Airports can depend on where you are on the airport.

I carry where it's legal.

...and there may or may not have been an occasional "oh shit" in the past, after realizing I had passed through a prohibited area.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 2:21:44 PM EDT
[#30]
I've never been explicitly told I can't carry at work, and given there have been thefts in the parking lot and a mugging or two last year, and the fact I work nights, I carry in my computer bag. If I ever have to use it hopefully they won't fire me.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 2:27:26 PM EDT
[#31]
i like the clinton policy.

dont ask,dont tell...

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 2:28:12 PM EDT
[#32]
I carry everywhere.

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 2:29:51 PM EDT
[#33]
I carry everywhere, in PA; no courthouses or Casinos.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 2:36:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Court house for jury duty. I don't go anywhere else with a metal detector and a metal detector is the only thing that stops me from carrying.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 2:36:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Anywhere I'm legally able to.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 2:37:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, we've seen those professional enough to carry a Glock fo-tey, but now that I see your points......I'm still thinking I'll just cover my own keister and freedom some.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 2:37:51 PM EDT
[#37]
The places it is prohibited I do not carry. I just make sure I rarely - if ever - go to those places unless it is absolutely necessary.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 4:16:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The first 4 as that it is illegal.
View Quote

Texas wont let you carry in bars or at your kids schools?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top