Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2003 3:16:54 PM EDT
How does the fit compare with the sizing of the older cammies?
Are the sizes the same?
Boots, too?

I need to get afew pair, before departing, and may have to buy them sight unseen.
Link Posted: 3/9/2003 4:09:38 PM EDT
[#1]
hmmmm?
Link Posted: 3/9/2003 4:16:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, tough room tonite.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 3/9/2003 4:21:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I sense impending doom.
Link Posted: 3/9/2003 4:57:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey Cincinnatus, could you pick up a couple of pair for me? I need some for when I go hunting or to the gun show.

[i]Ooooh, I've gone and done it this time.[/i] [:D]
Link Posted: 3/9/2003 5:05:47 PM EDT
[#5]
[peep]
Link Posted: 3/9/2003 5:14:52 PM EDT
[#6]

The boot you hear tapping in the hall belongs to STLRN.
Link Posted: 3/9/2003 5:48:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I wear size M/L BDU's, and I have two pair of  3 year old military woodland camo to compare against.  

I have two pair of MARPAT trousers.

The M/L pair made by American Apparel Inc. are a bit tight in the waist, but still do fine:
It might be the elastic is a bit tight.

They feel like a pair that were made on a Friday.

I usually tie the pant leg draw strings on my BDU's, and let them rest on my boot tops, but because MARPAT's have no draw strings, this presented a problem with the "long" length in that using blousing straps might make the pant leg a tad on the short size, so I bought a pair of M/XL MARPATS.

The M/XL's are made by Propper International, and like all Propper clothing, they fit great.

They are closer in fit (in the waist) to the older style BDU.

They are snug in the waist because of the elastic, but there is more give to the elastic.

There is plenty of length for using blousing straps if so desired.

If you are planning on blousing, go with one length longer.

If you are planning on letting them hang out of the boot, get them in the length you would normally.

Jay
Link Posted: 3/9/2003 6:16:25 PM EDT
[#8]
MARPATs made by Propper..WHERE?????  i prefer propper to clothing sales. where can i get them???
Link Posted: 3/10/2003 4:22:09 AM EDT
[#9]
So, if I wear Medium regular in the old style...
Do I still wear Medium Regular??
Link Posted: 3/10/2003 4:45:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
How does the fit compare with the sizing of the older cammies?
Are the sizes the same?
Boots, too?

I need to get afew pair, before departing, and may have to buy them sight unseen.
View Quote

You [b]ARE[/b] a Marine, right? 'Cause if not, I'm ducking before the fashion police hit the door.....

Scott

Link Posted: 3/10/2003 4:45:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Hey Cincinnatus, could you pick up a couple of pair for me? I need some for when I go hunting or to the gun show.

View Quote

Heck, I don't care if you wear 'em.  If you want, go out and get yourself a set of dress blues, while you're at it.  Maybe even a snazzy green beret to go with your fake Medal of Honor.
If you fellas that want to play dress up and pretend you're a Marine, it won't bother me a bit. [;)]
Link Posted: 3/12/2003 10:10:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Heck, I don't care if you wear 'em.  If you want, go out and get yourself a set of dress blues, while you're at it.  Maybe even a snazzy green beret to go with your fake Medal of Honor.
If you fellas that want to play dress up and pretend you're a Marine, it won't bother me a bit. [;)]
View Quote

You're no fun. You're supposed to say "But... but... but... but... CIVILIANS CAN'T HAVE IT!!!!! IT IS A SYMBOL OF THE BLOOD I SHED AT PARRIS ISLAND!!!!!"

[:D]

Scott

Link Posted: 3/12/2003 10:56:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Cin,
from what I remember about the MARPAT before I got out , you need to go up one size in the
trousers.
Link Posted: 3/12/2003 11:53:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So, if I wear Medium regular in the old style...
Do I still wear Medium Regular??
View Quote

Yes.

I wear M/L old style militsary BDU pants, and M/L in the MARPAT, but prefer M/XL in MARPAT.
It's just a preference.

Jay
Link Posted: 3/12/2003 12:18:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/12/2003 2:16:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I should have a steady supply of the new USMC boots within a month or so for whomever wants a pair.
View Quote

Might be interested... are these the Belleville desert boots ?  Price ?
Link Posted: 3/12/2003 2:26:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 2:48:10 PM EDT
[#18]
IBTL
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top