Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/1/2015 2:14:02 PM EDT
Do they replace local cops with UN soldiers?  What is the general outcome that they are looking for?  What will it mean for citizens?
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 2:14:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 2:15:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Papers, please.

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 2:16:28 PM EDT
[#3]
A blatant violation of the Constitution, since the federal government is given no constitutional authority over police power issues like violent crime, burglary, theft, et c.

ETA: General resistance to, provocation of, and perhaps violence against the police would suddenly become morally justifiable and perhaps morally necessary.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 2:16:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Do they replace local cops with UN soldiers?  What is the general outcome that they are looking for?  What will it mean for citizens?
View Quote

Just going off what you said, how will the UN enforce the treaty?
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 2:18:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A blatant violation of the Constitution, since the federal government is given no constitutional authority over police power issues like violent crime, burglary, theft, et c.
View Quote

Just look at what some of the UN-constitutional law dawgs do...
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 2:19:37 PM EDT
[#6]
It will look like whatever chick little dream the OP can come up with... but I hope they have a lots of flair in his fantasy.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 2:20:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They'll use some of the tinfoil from Sedona's hat to create a beam weapon more powerful than any imagined in the fevered mind of science fiction.

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 2:20:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

You haven't been paying attention to this administration.

The Constitution is irrelevant
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 2:22:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 2:24:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
birmingham  was all too happy to jump into this and is part of a national pilot program. as i understand it the feds are coming in with mandated training and policy and procedures but the "management" stays local...
View Quote

This.

The feds will micro manage the local PDs. There will be no difference in standards. All under the oversight of the DOJ.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 2:26:06 PM EDT
[#11]

You will be fine as long as you are not dressed like a trash bin.

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 2:26:11 PM EDT
[#12]
This is the way the fed gets its claws into everything.  "Here is some money and other goodies states.  To keep the juice flowing, you just have to do what we say."  And thanks to SCOTUS's decision in South Dakota v. Dole it's perfectly legal.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 2:26:49 PM EDT
[#13]
The feds set "standards" and "best practices" and sue anybody who doesn't implement them into oblivion. It gives the feds the ability to define how policing should be done, in as exact detail as they please, while also avoiding accountability for bad results.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 2:29:12 PM EDT
[#14]
We turn blue helmets into blue calanders
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 2:29:52 PM EDT
[#15]

incorrect
RSHA

and then it's inevitable agencies...
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 2:31:17 PM EDT
[#16]
It means Al Sharpton gets what he's been asking for since Trayvon and Ferguson??
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 2:32:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Same way they did the TSA. hire dipshits who want to do the job and excuse every fuk up with national security.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 2:33:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Martial Law

Literally
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 2:36:53 PM EDT
[#19]
If they do will the police in places like Suffolk County, NY be forced to give up their huge salaries and massive perks that is straining the tax payers of the county.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 2:37:26 PM EDT
[#20]
I vote melons. I ALWAYS vote melons.

Wake me when the skinning begins......

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 2:39:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is the first I've heard about it. Link?
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 2:40:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Lol no ones going to listen to the UN around here.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 2:43:00 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
incorrect

RSHA

View All Quotes
Quoted:

incorrect

RSHA

Hmm...true enough.

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 2:48:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Want to see what a national police force would look like?

Look at the TSA
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 2:49:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
It will look like whatever chick little dream the OP can come up with... but I hope they have a lots of flair in his fantasy.
View Quote

Being the OP, I am a little confused, I have zero anticipationa s to what can happen, I was hoping that there was someone who might have an idea of what a federalized police department would look like.

You though, obviously, are not that person.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 2:50:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
birmingham  was all too happy to jump into this and is part of a national pilot program. as i understand it the feds are coming in with mandated training and policy and procedures but the "management" stays local...
View Quote

That is more of the info I was looking for, thanks beer_slayer.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 2:51:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Dude in California applies for job, police, one

Gets job

Is assigned to podunk popo dept

Hilarity ensues.

Think TSA in your local patrol cars.

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 2:52:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
If they do will the police in places like Suffolk County, NY be forced to give up their huge salaries and massive perks that is straining the tax payers of the county.
View Quote

If you check your tax bill you will see that more of your taxes go to the school district than the Police.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 2:52:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Has anyone with the ability to actually make it happen suggest that all police forces be federalized? Sounds like a tin foil hat wet dream to me.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 2:55:16 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Dude in California applies for job, police, one

Gets job

Is assigned to podunk popo dept

Hilarity ensues.

Think TSA in your local patrol cars.

View Quote
I picture the cops from Idiocracy.  

"This particular individual is unscannable."
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 3:02:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Has anyone with the ability to actually make it happen suggest that all police forces be federalized? Sounds like a tin foil hat wet dream to me.
View Quote

Obama has stated America needs a Federalized police department, he might have the juice ot push it through.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 3:03:10 PM EDT
[#32]
The UN?

I'm pretty sure they would be incapable of defeating a 5 year old with a red ryder daisy bb rifle.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 3:05:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Obama has stated America needs a Federalized police department, he might have the juice ot push it through.
View Quote

"We cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded."
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 3:06:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Or the Gestapo...............

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 3:08:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
The UN?

I'm pretty sure they would be incapable of defeating a 5 year old with a red ryder daisy bb rifle.
View Quote

Putting the UN in was a mistake.  Ignore that part and discuss federalization of the local PD.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 3:11:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Here is part of what will happen:

Everything becomes classified as they have already done with local police use of Stingray.  

FOIA virtually useless.  

Centralized complaint department becomes massively efficient - at denying any and all claims against police.  

Police unions rendered pointless.  

State courts eventually phased out of existance for criminal matters.

In other words, a massive federal power-grab and a step towards elimination of state rights.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 3:12:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1

Pure insanity if they mean actually making local police officers federal employees.  

What they can do, and which will still be a burden, is unfunded mandates and expect the locals to pay for it such as body and dash cameras, etc.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 3:22:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

+1

Pure insanity if they mean actually making local police officers federal employees.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

You mean like the TSA?
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 3:27:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Been reading Bracken?
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 3:28:59 PM EDT
[#40]
If so, it's the beginning of the end for the democrats and anyone that smells faintly like them.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 3:31:35 PM EDT
[#41]
It will mean vast amounts of additional wal-mart closings, effectively cutting off the lifeline to the poor and middle-class gun toting rednecks for affordable luxury items and back boobs.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 3:32:33 PM EDT
[#42]

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 3:36:18 PM EDT
[#43]
They come in with something harmless sounding like "standards and training" and twist it to make every police fore in the country whatever they want. For example, how about rooting out those not loyal to the party because they just don't meet the new federal standards for gay wedding cake making equality enforcement.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 3:38:24 PM EDT
[#44]
That would make it that much easier for the day they come for your guns.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 3:56:26 PM EDT
[#45]
That may get ugly for the dems
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 4:14:04 PM EDT
[#46]
I'm pretty sure they will keep provoking riots until they make this a reality "for the chilren".
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 4:19:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 4:20:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

ETA: General resistance to, provocation of, and perhaps violence against the police would suddenly become morally justifiable and perhaps morally necessary.
View Quote

Hope no one thinks this would bother the chocolate jesus. He could care less about that.

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 4:24:45 PM EDT
[#49]
It might start out looking like this:

http://www.teapartytribune.com/2012/04/09/ag-beau-biden-mandates-that-sheriffs-no-longer-have-arrest-powers/

-sheriffs in Delaware stripped of arrest powers.

BTW - the concept of "arrest powers" is generally the bright line separating "law enforcement officers" from everyone else, or mere "civilians."
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 4:26:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Disaster.  Obama can't run an Ice Creme stand.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top