Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2015 8:25:48 AM EDT
Money is insanely tight right now and after our laptop died we dont have $400 plus to replace it with something for web surfing and YouTube.  Seems like a galaxy 10.1 tablet will be our best bet.  

I'd like to stay under $150.  An older version or used/refurbished is okay.  But any suggestions on where to find a great deal or maybe what generation/features to look for or avoid?  This will be our first tablet.

Thanks!

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 8:32:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Just go to Best Buy or Walmart and buy a cheap 7 or 10 inch tablet until you have enough for a laptop. The small tablets are fine for internet browsing but for any real work I would automatically go to my regular PCs.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 8:33:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 8:40:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Oh okay, so a galaxy isn't a must then?  Are they all good screen quality and durable?  What's the best for my price range?

Thanks

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 8:42:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Chromebook.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 8:43:16 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a Galaxy Tab S and like it. it's super thin and light. the resolution is fantastic. performance is excellent.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 11:03:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There are a ton of inexpensive Windows tablets on the market right now.
View Quote

This seems like a pretty clear winner at this point!  Slightly over budget but with office included it seems like one hell of a value.

http://mobile.walmart.com/ip/Nextbook-10.1-Intel-Quad-Core-2-In-1-Detachable-Windows-8.1-Tablet/39092206?type=search

Thoughts/experience?

Thanks

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 11:22:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Money is insanely tight right now and after our laptop died we dont have $400 plus to replace it with something for web surfing and YouTube.  Seems like a galaxy 10.1 tablet will be our best bet.  

I'd like to stay under $150.  An older version or used/refurbished is okay.  But any suggestions on where to find a great deal or maybe what generation/features to look for or avoid?  This will be our first tablet.

Thanks!

-Emt1581
View Quote

How are you posting on the internet right now? If you only want to watch videos and surf the web, then use what ever it is you are using now and save your money for something better.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 11:23:25 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Thanks!

-Emt1581
View Quote
I have a 10.1 samsung galaxy tablet, its a really really good tablet.

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 11:26:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How are you posting on the internet right now? If you only want to watch videos and surf the web, then use what ever it is you are using now and save your money for something better.
View Quote

We have been using our phones.

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 11:34:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Check pawn shop picked up a tmobile tab 3 for $75.

I don't need  tmobile( i get the tmobile logo when it boots up other than that nothing else) but wifi works fine.

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:07:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Woot.com is your friend.
I've bought so much stuff on there.... Got my grandparents a Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4" for $200
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:40:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Ordered the Next book.  Free shipping and with tax was $188.  Just wanted to say thanks for pointing me in the direction of a windows tablet.

-Emt1581
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top