Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2015 11:55:03 PM EDT
Just wanted to share a good story out of my state from the second amendment rally at the capital today-

State Representative Scott Dianda (D-Calumet) Thrusday joined gun owners at a rally on the capital grounds in Lansing supporting their Second Amendment rights and Michigan’s firearm laws.

“I stood with the demonstrators at the Capital because I believe that the Second Amendment is an important part of our U.S. Constitution and our history as a country,” said Dianda. “As a legislator, I feel that a big part of my job is preserving the individual freedoms of my constituents. Yesterday, I also wore a pink tie in support of women’s health and their ability to get the care they need. My love of freedom cuts in all directions.”

Dianda spoke to a crowd gathered at the capitol steps to hear from a bipartisan group of legislators including Reps. Bill LaVoy (D-Monroe) and Cindy Gamrat (R-Plainwell). Many of those in attendance open-carried their firearms. Michigan law allows licensed gun owners to open-carry their firearms in public, but does prevent those licensed to carry concealed weapons from carrying those into some locations. At the rally, Dianda open-carried an AR-15 rifle.

http://www.upmatters.com/story/d/story/rep-dianda-supports-gun-owners/42260/rUKFcGHdqUGmdlblBzJIkg

Unfortunately the site does mistakenly state that only licensed gun owners can open carry. Anyone can open carry here without a permit.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:01:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Broken clock something something..
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:10:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Great!

Now, just get rid of the other 87 Marxist-Leninist talking points you have as a platform, and maybe I will start forgiving the Democrats.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:23:07 AM EDT
[#3]
There is something in it for them. They wouldn't be doing this if there wasn't.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:24:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

This is my fear as well.

If it smells like shit and looks like shit...
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:25:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

This is my fear as well.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is my fear as well.

It's a trap.

Where is that Obama meme with the union guy? "I want to keep my freedom and my gun."
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:28:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Democrats. Fuckem all.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 1:30:17 AM EDT
[#7]
it is a trap!!!!!

The D's chose a loser when they ran with gun control, now they are going to back pedal, but do not believe them.  

Have the D's pass a bunch of pro gun LAWS to prove they have changed their colors, until then, fuck em'
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 1:35:32 AM EDT
[#8]
If we could get good freedom loving politicians to run as Democrats, like the Democrats get liberals to run as Republicans...
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 1:38:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Yeah right.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 1:42:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Yeah right.
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top