Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2015 11:50:07 PM EDT
I found a magazine in the back of the truck that I bought a while back. Half of the magazine was printed upside down in refrence to the other half. I figured it was some kind of mistake. Maybe the person who set the machine was as drunk as I was when I bought it? My buddy knew it was a split issue as soon as he looked at it. I had never seen anything like this before.

So what's the deal? Why would they take the extra effort to print half of the magazine upside down, when they could put some sort of divider page in there?

My original theory was that the pages were oriented upside down so that people on the other side of the world could read it. This did not turn out to be true.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 11:58:31 PM EDT
[#1]
There are clips, magazines, and periodicals!

Please use the correct terminology!

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 11:59:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I've seen it before in speacialty issues of Men's Health where on side was the normal magazine, and the other side was a fashion special. If you want the magazine to have 2 distinct covers, it's the only way to do it.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:22:59 AM EDT
[#3]
So they can take up more real estate in racks if the seller wants to.

First time I seen 2 different editions (unknowing it was a split issue) I bought them both.  . This was at the airport.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top