Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2015 4:12:08 PM EDT
I have wanted one of these bad boys for a while now for no other reason than just because . That and I'd also like to do some hand gun hunting in the future, has the 8" barrel. I am already set up for reloading which is the only imaginable way IMHO to afford feeding the cannon. The guy is asking $900 and has some once fired brass to go with. I was thinking of offering $850 pending the condition.

I have the dough but it was set aside for the SBR stamp & form one suppressor parts/stamp.....

So what say ye? FO or NO
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 4:13:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have wanted one of these bad boys for a while now for no other reason than just because . That and I'd also like to do some hand gun hunting in the future, has the 8" barrel. I am already set up for reloading which is the only imaginable way IMHO to afford feeding the cannon. The guy is asking $900 and has some once fired brass to go with. I was thinking of offering $850 pending the condition.

I have the dough but it was set aside for the SBR stamp & form one suppressor parts/stamp.....

So what say ye? FO or NO
View Quote

If 41p is going to affect you go sbr and suppressor
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 4:14:27 PM EDT
[#2]
If it is in good condition, I say do it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 4:15:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I had one when they first came out.  Neat but rather large and I found it more of a novelty for me.  

Recoil was similar to full 44 mags in a model 29.  Stout but not undoable.

If you want one I would go for it.

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 4:15:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

So what say ye? FO or NO
View Quote

They are extremely fun to shoot.
I say go for it
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 4:16:22 PM EDT
[#5]
If you got the money why not!!
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 4:17:55 PM EDT
[#6]
if you shoot it a range you will eventually have it all to yourself.   i know a guy that bought one for target shooting.  The muzzle blast was awe inspiring.   i had to stand behind him to protect myself from the blast
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 4:18:23 PM EDT
[#7]
That's a decision only you can make. If you want one, get one!

I don't have an interest for one myself. Can't think of any good reason why I would need to own one. As a pistol, it still doesn't replace a rifle. A good 45-70 Marlin would be much more useful than that hefty handgun.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 4:19:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

What is 41p?
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 4:19:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Do it!

Just because you can.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 4:21:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Absolutely do it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 4:22:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I don't have an interest for one myself. Can't think of any good reason why I would need to own one. As a pistol, it still doesn't replace a rifle. A good 45-70 Marlin would be much more useful than that hefty handgun.
View Quote

A 45-70 is on the list of guns to own also. My pops has a 444 marlin and we get a kick out of shooting it.

I have family land that I shoot at. I think the new neighbor that moved in would like it too.... since he enjoys calling the sheriff so much every time we shoot there.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 4:22:44 PM EDT
[#12]
For that price you could buy it and shoot it for a little bit to get it out of your system then turn around and sell it in  a few months.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 4:23:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Buy it now.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 4:23:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Love mine. Do it!

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 4:24:58 PM EDT
[#15]
I just don't see it being enjoyable to shoot. I get carrying it in bear country but otherwise it seems like you wouldn't want to shoot it more than a few times.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 4:25:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Have a 460 S&W.

Not a bad gun, especially 'to have'. It was between that or a 500 - the 460, in theory, is a bit better. However... Not going to use it, except for maybe, maybe deer hunting in colorado.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 4:26:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Because America
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 4:27:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

A 45-70 is on the list of guns to own also. My pops has a 444 marlin and we get a kick out of shooting it.

I have family land that I shoot at. I think the new neighbor that moved in would like it too.... since he enjoys calling the sheriff so much every time we shoot there.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well then if you got that going for you, have you thought about  Miculek muzzle brakes? They're LOUD!!  
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 4:28:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Buy it then go to the range and be seen shooting the 240 grain ammo.  When someone asks to shoot it slip a 400 grainer in there and say sure!

Be sure to film and post on Arf the LUZ.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 4:29:47 PM EDT
[#20]
I once shot one.   Once....I was handed it with 5 in the cylinder.  After three shots.  I had enough.  Go for it if it floats your boat.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 4:35:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Buy it then go to the range and be seen shooting the 240 grain ammo.  When someone asks to shoot it slip a 400 grainer in there and say sure!

Be sure to film and post on Arf the LUZ.
View Quote

I actually was that guy before, but with a rifle.

I loaded up my Marlin 1895 GBL 45-70 with 3 reloads, trail boss powder, 300gr lead, ultra light loads.

The final round, was a 405 grain remington, loaded very, very hot...

Nearly took the guy shooting it off his feet.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 4:39:44 PM EDT
[#22]
That is a good price if in good condition.

I own one and it is not that bad to shoot.  Even with heavy loads, the weight of the gun takes up most of the recoil.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 4:39:45 PM EDT
[#23]
No FO.

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 4:48:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Handloads make the beast roar.....
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 4:49:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 4:50:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 4:51:16 PM EDT
[#27]
I would rather have a .44 much more economical in the long run.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 4:53:30 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

So what say ye? FO or NO
View Quote
Saw one in the CDNN flier today. They're about $1,100 new.

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 4:53:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

What is 41p?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

What is 41p?

The ATF is to require CLEO sign offs for trusts in the next few months
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 5:01:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Ranger Rick makes some bad ass bullets for the beast
A 700g bullet you say, no problem

http://www.mattsbullets.com/images/Img_7396.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 5:11:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Even for trust that are already established? I have that part.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 5:11:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 5:13:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

So what say ye? FO or NO
View Quote

Get the SBR/Can first!
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 5:13:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe so

Next time you submit a form they will ask for CLEO sign off when it goes into effect.

There is a big thread on it lemme see if I can find it

Here it is
Seems like we have another six months
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 5:29:51 PM EDT
[#35]
@ $850, I would FO
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top