Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2015 8:16:55 AM EDT
Popeyes manager who was fired after a robbery, then subsequently rehired, is now suing....

Link

ETA: this link is a new aspect to a prior story...she is suing Popeyes
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:22:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Looked at the link and I'm not seeing the problem as it regards "nice things". Am I missing something?
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:26:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looked at the link and I'm not seeing the problem as it regards "nice things". Am I missing something?
View Quote

You agree that she's justified in demanding 5.5 million dollars from Popeyes for emotional distress?

She was fired unjustly.  But rehired.  Still working for the company at a different location.  Now demanding a massive pay day.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:30:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Fuck popeyes.

Pay the girl.

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:37:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Does anybody honestly eat at Popeyes ?
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:40:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes, occasionally.

IMO she was wrongfully terminated. She sued for 5.5 mil, they will settle for much less.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:43:19 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Fuck popeyes.

Pay the girl.

View Quote

Popeyes played a stupid game, they should win a stupid prize.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 9:06:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You agree that she's justified in demanding 5.5 million dollars from Popeyes for emotional distress?

She was fired unjustly.  But rehired.  Still working for the company at a different location.  Now demanding a massive pay day.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where's the wrongful termination?  She's employed "at will" for Popeyes.  As long as she wasn't fired because she was a member of a protected class (i.e. woman).
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 9:10:48 AM EDT
[#9]
key point from the prior thread :

a spokesperson in their human resources department explained that Marissa was fired because she broke policy by leaving too much money in the register and this wasn't her first offense.
View Quote

She knew the policy , it wasn't her first mistake, she knew the rules ( regardless of how stupid people think they are) but she did it anyway. Zero sympathy
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 9:15:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Where's the wrongful termination?  She's employed "at will" for Popeyes.  As long as she wasn't fired because she was a member of a protected class (i.e. woman).
View Quote

Quoted:

a spokesperson in their human resources department explained that Marissa was fired because she broke policy by leaving too much money in the register and this wasn't her first offense.
View Quote

She knew the policy , it wasn't her first mistake, she knew the rules ( regardless of how stupid people think they are) but she did it anyway. Zero sympathy
View Quote

Edited the original post - the right or wrong of her being fired isn't why I posted this article.

She's suing Popeyes now for 5.5 Million Dollars for emotional distress.  I guess some feel she should get her money, but this smells of FSA to me.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 9:18:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Me !

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 9:21:19 AM EDT
[#12]
This could have been rectified early on if her husband would have given her the money he stole to give back to her employer.  
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 9:26:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Pretty much this.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top