Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 4/29/2015 3:35:52 PM EDT
Source

"AURORA, Colo. — A Colorado mother claims a teacher at her child's preschool refused to let the little girl eat part of her lunch because it wasn't nutritious.

Leeza Pearson, of Aurora, Colo., is upset her child wasn't allowed to finish part of her lunch.

Pearson packed her 5-year-old daughter a ham and cheese sandwich, string cheese and a 4-pack of Oreos on Friday. The child came back home from Children's Academy with the Oreos and a note from her teacher which read, in part:

"Dear Parents, it is very important that all students have a nutritious lunch. This is a public school setting and all children are required to have a fruit, a vegetable and a heavy snack from home, along with a milk. If they have potatoes, the child will also need bread to go along with it. Lunchables, chips, fruit snacks, and peanut butter are not considered to be a healthy snack. This is a very important part of our program and we need everyone's participation.""
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:37:08 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Source

"AURORA, Colo. — A Colorado mother claims a teacher at her child's preschool refused to let the little girl eat part of her lunch because it wasn't nutritious.

Leeza Pearson, of Aurora, Colo., is upset her child wasn't allowed to finish part of her lunch.

Pearson packed her 5-year-old daughter a ham and cheese sandwich, string cheese and a 4-pack of Oreos on Friday. The child came back home from Children's Academy with the Oreos and a note from her teacher which read, in part:

"Dear Parents, it is very important that all students have a nutritious lunch. This is a public school setting and all children are required to have a fruit, a vegetable and a heavy snack from home, along with a milk. If they have potatoes, the child will also need bread to go along with it. Lunchables, chips, fruit snacks, and peanut butter are not considered to be a healthy snack. This is a very important part of our program and we need everyone's participation.""
View Quote
There's the problem.

Get the kid out of the indoctrination center.

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:37:25 PM EDT
[#2]
FBHO

FMLRO
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:38:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Send a note back with a full size package of Oreo double stuffs:

"Dear Liberal Teacher,

Fuck you.  

Signed,
Parent"
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:39:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Aurora was a much more reasonable place before Lowry closed.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:39:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I would send a note back...

Dear Teacher,

Fuck You....

98kguy
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:39:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

"Dear Liberal Teacher,

Fuck you.  

Signed,
Parent"
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:39:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Source

View Quote

Carbs for everyone!

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:39:44 PM EDT
[#8]
That would get a teacher thrown in front of the school board. lol. Colorado is California.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:39:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Oreos = race mixing.  School is racist.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:40:25 PM EDT
[#10]
And people keep telling me I'm a crazy person because I think public schools should be shut down.

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:42:08 PM EDT
[#11]
I'd tell that school they are in the business of TEACHING, not supervising lunch.  Things have gone too far when a school thinks it is their job to police a child's lunch, especially one packed at home!
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:42:26 PM EDT
[#12]
The entire concept of the government making decisions like this for parents is simply incomprehensible to me.  What happened to this country?
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:43:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Dear teacher.  From now on you are required to provide my child with a lunch at no cost to me or the taxpayers.

PS.  Mind your own fucking business
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:44:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The entire concept of the government making decisions like this for parents is simply incomprehensible to me.  What happened to this country?
View Quote

The bad ideas are coming at us faster now.  Listen to Hillary's speech from yesterday.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:44:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Carbs for everyone!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Source

Carbs for everyone!

In Homer Simpson voice........"Mmmmmmmmm....Starchy........."
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:45:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Teacher is an idiot.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:48:29 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

And people keep telling me I'm a crazy person because I think public schools should be shut down.

View Quote
I'm with you!!!

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:48:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Some of the crap I have seen schools feed kids under the guise of being nutritional is a joke.  Teacher needs to butt out unless they want to step up and start buying meals for students
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:50:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
There's the problem.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Source

There's the problem.

This.  Much better to get the kid into Private Indoctrination.

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:50:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:51:03 PM EDT
[#21]
I would love to have a kid and he\she come home with this note.  I would not send a note back I would ask for a parent teach conference and give the teacher a piece of my mind.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:51:06 PM EDT
[#22]
I have yet to see a school district (either in written guidelines or in practice) reliably serve what I would consider to be a healthy lunch.

Hypocrites.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:51:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
That would get a teacher thrown in front of the school board. lol. Colorado is California.
View Quote

Calirado.  
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:51:28 PM EDT
[#24]
In other news, tens of millions of students in public schools didn't get some ridiculous note like this today.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:51:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Colorado has gone to shit
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:51:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Saudi Aurora

lulz
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:52:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

"Dear Liberal Teacher,

Fuck you.  

Signed,
Parent"
View Quote

They would get this exact response from me, only I'd personally deliver it, verbally to the teacher.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:52:44 PM EDT
[#28]
In addition to agreeing with Fiver, I'd like to add that this is what you should expect when you make a deal with the devil.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:52:56 PM EDT
[#29]
I don't think I could have made this up.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:54:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

What does  that rule even mean?  Is there some delicious potato sandwich I have never heard of or something? Has Alton Brown forsaken me?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Source

Carbs for everyone!

What does  that rule even mean?  Is there some delicious potato sandwich I have never heard of or something? Has Alton Brown forsaken me?

I didn't get it either.  Doesn't make sense unless it's a typo or something.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:57:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
In other news, tens of millions of students in public schools didn't get some ridiculous note like this today.
View Quote

So, if I read you correctly, you're saying: "Isolated incident"?

You should read your sig line again.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:57:07 PM EDT
[#32]
What my child eats is none of your goddamn, fucking business.

Hugs and kisses,

AC

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:57:21 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

"Dear Liberal Teacher,

Fuck you.  
Signed,

Parent"
View Quote
then charge the teacher with theft

You know she took them because she wanted them herself, and the note was because she also knew she has no self control.

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:57:51 PM EDT
[#34]
I looked at the Aurora public school menu.
Here are some of the choices:

Breakfast: french toast, cinni-minis, bagels, pancakes, waffles, breakfast pizza

Lunch: calzones, hamburger, fish tacos, turkey wrap, pizza, fried chicken tenders, pocket burger

Apparently only government carbs are nutritious.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:58:28 PM EDT
[#35]
The mother is an idiot for feeding her kid crap, the teacher is an idiot for screwing a kid out of her dessert.

Fuck 'em both.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:58:59 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

I looked at the Aurora public school menu.Here are some of the choices:

Breakfast: french toast, cinni-minis, bagels, pancakes, waffles, breakfast pizza

Lunch: calzones, hamburger, fish tacos, turkey wrap, pizza, fried chicken tenders, pocket burger

View Quote

Yuck.    Have they ever heard of a damn vegetable?

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:58:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Source

View Quote

LOL.....did this problem start way back when someone brought a PB&J sandwich to school?  What's next?

Korean kids can't bring Kim Chee to school because other students complain that it stinks?
White kids can't bring a lunch of fried chicken and watermelon to school because it's considered "racist?"
Laotian and VN kids can't bring fried goat to school becaue it's considered "not right to eat a goat?"

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:59:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

dafuk?
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:59:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Source

View Quote

Article quote fail. The next paragraph of the article (that was omitted from the OP) reads:

Questions over the note remain. Brenda Dean, the director of Children's Academy, a private preschool program through Aurora Public Schools, said she is investigating the note, adding that it should not have gone out to any parent.

Not a public program

Where is GD saying "if you want to eat Oreos FO and don't come back"

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:00:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:00:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Source

Carbs for everyone!

There's an all you can eat pizza place here (no, not Cici's) that makes a bacon/potato/ranch pizza that is entirely too delicious and causes me labored breathing if I eat any more than a couple of pieces
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:00:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The mother is an idiot for feeding her kid crap, the teacher is an idiot for screwing a kid out of her dessert.

Fuck 'em both.
View Quote

Ham & cheese sandwich.
String cheese.
4 Oreos.

"Crap?"  It's 4 fucking cookies!
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:01:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Can the teacher really enforce this nonsense?
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:01:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

dafuk?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

dafuk?

Oh man, you have no idea.

EDIT: It's as bad as you imagine it is.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:02:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Ham & cheese sandwich.
String cheese.
4 Oreos.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck 'em both.

Ham & cheese sandwich.
String cheese.
4 Oreos.

Ham and cheese sandwich, followed by more cheese, followed by cookies.

Sounds like crap to me.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:02:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Sounds like crap to me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck 'em both.

Ham & cheese sandwich.
String cheese.
4 Oreos.

Sounds like crap to me.

It is. It's funny that they decided to focus on the cookies.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:02:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

dafuk?

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:03:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Is It Because I'm Black?  
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:03:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Sounds like crap to me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck 'em both.

Ham & cheese sandwich.
String cheese.
4 Oreos.

Sounds like crap to me.

Understood.  I thought your issue was with the Oreos.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:04:30 PM EDT
[#50]
I'd live by the feud on that bitch.

It would be the most ill-advised note she ever wrote.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top