Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/29/2015 3:12:59 PM EDT
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2015/04/29/my-morning-jacket-singer-believes-country-music-is-dumbing-people-down/?intcmp=features

"I feel like modern country is deliberately dumbing down the human race," James declares. "They're deliberately making people take glory in being uneducated and racist, and it's just sad. I think it's absolute mind control."
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:14:45 PM EDT
[#1]
He can take his "feels" and cram them up his ass.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:14:58 PM EDT
[#2]
While I hate new country music, I'd hardly call it racist. Some groups collaborate with rappers these days.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:15:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Who the fuck is Jim james?
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:18:02 PM EDT
[#4]
What an idiot. There is NOTHING racist about modern Country Music.

Now, I think the quality has fallen off a cliff in the past 15-20 years. Kind of like NASCAR.  It got popular and promoters jacked it into overdrive to cash in so now, they just spit out crap songs and the (maybe non-core) country fans lap it up.

All IMO, of course.

TC

ETA: Someone needs to ask if he thinks Rap/hip hop is racist and aimed at dumbing down America?  I know what MY answer is...
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:18:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I agree with him, except about the racist part.

I love MMJ
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:18:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I believe that the President of the Unites States of America, Barack Hussein Obama, is deliberately dumbing down the human race.  President Obama is deliberately making people take glory in being uneducated and racist, and it's just sad.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:18:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2015/04/29/my-morning-jacket-singer-believes-country-music-is-dumbing-people-down/?intcmp=features

"I feel like modern country is deliberately dumbing down the human race," James declares. "They're deliberately making people take glory in being uneducated and racist, and it's just sad. I think it's absolute mind control."
View Quote

Has he ever given hip hop a listen?
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:19:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

He's that guy that moved to central America.  Had a church.  Gave people koolaid.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:19:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Modern country is a lot of things, crap mainly, but not racist.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:21:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

lead singer of My Morning Jacket.

He's a brilliant artist in my opinion and I hate new country music too...  I stick with the classics for sure.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:21:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Country is rap for whites.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:22:17 PM EDT
[#12]
The fuck is a my morning jacket?
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:22:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I love MMJ
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I love MMJ

Funny, I agree with him except about the "country" part.

"I feel like modern country music is deliberately dumbing down the human race," James declares. "They're deliberately making people take glory in being uneducated and racist, and it's just sad. I think it's absolute mind control."

See... makes sense that way.  
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:23:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

He's a brilliant artist in my opinion and I hate new country music too...  I stick with the classics for sure.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Of who? Never heard of them.  Apparently their marketing needs a little work.  while I don't listen to much "modern" country I have at least heard of them
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:23:25 PM EDT
[#15]
"I feel like know the modern country Mass-Market Music Industry is deliberately dumbing down the human race,
View Quote

Fixed It For Him.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:23:58 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

While I hate new country music, I'd hardly call it racist. Some groups collaborate with rappers these days.
View Quote
+1

Of course, these people think anything even remotely pro-american is inherently racist.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:24:55 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
He's that guy that moved to central America.  Had a church.  Gave people koolaid.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

WRONG!

It was Grape Flav-R-Aid.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:25:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Of who? Never heard of them.  Apparently their marketing needs a little work.  while I don't listen to much "modern" country I have at least heard of them
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

they arent really 'country' at all tbh.  more of an indie rock / American rock / folk band from Kentucky
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:26:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:26:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Don't think it's racist, but it certainly is crap and I consider it B string pop music and probably just an elaborate practical joke played on it's fans.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:26:41 PM EDT
[#21]
While I'll agree most modern country sucks...it isn't any dumber than
That crap thug life rap.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:28:06 PM EDT
[#22]
And what is rap, and r&b doing to it then?
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:30:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Because rap is improving it so much
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:30:09 PM EDT
[#24]
A bunch of retards with auto tune and sounding like they're singing with a dip in their lip isn't country.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:30:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

they arent really 'country' at all tbh.  more of an indie rock / American rock / folk band from Kentucky
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whatever they are, it's evident why he says things like this to try to grasp at being relevant and be heard. I just looked them up, Their music is not good.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:31:56 PM EDT
[#26]
POP country fucking sucks
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:33:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Whatever they are, it's evident why he says things like this to try to grasp at being relevant and be heard. I just looked them up, Their music is not good.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

you can like w/e music you want but Jim James is a talented musician with a massive following.  he is definitely 'relevant' in the music industry.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:33:55 PM EDT
[#28]
The entertainment and media industry as a whole, and all of their peripheral industries are dumbing down America
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:37:13 PM EDT
[#29]
You can only dumb down yourself.  But, if I had to wager as to what contributes, I'd definitely put the press at number one- that includes the racial divide too.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:39:13 PM EDT
[#30]
If anything is making the world stupid, it's (C)rap.  Look at all the dumb white and other kids with saggy pants.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:39:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess because you don't like them, they're not "relevant," then.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:40:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
The entertainment and media industry as a whole, and all of their peripheral industries are dumbing down America
View Quote

This. And I'd be very surprised if anyone is saying that rap, hip-hop, and other sub-genres of that type of noise is elevating the intellectual capacity of anybody. Unless you think that forced rhymes are the be-all and end-all in music.

And if you do, I have no words.......

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:41:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
And what is rap, and r&b doing to it then?
View Quote

Providing insight to a rich, vibrant culture, of course!
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:42:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Well, he's not wrong.

She thinks my tractor's sexy - was actually a thing.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:42:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Wifey and I go C&W dancing every weekend.  The music is not racist.

But it does glorify promiscuity, drunkenness, infidelity, bad grammar, creepy obsessions with people who don't want you anymore, and funny accents.

Country, like POP music, is 98% full-blown stupid.   Rap is 100% stupid.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:43:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:43:17 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Country is rap for whites.
View Quote
This

Evey country song that's come out in the last five years has been about doing drugs and fucking.

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:43:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Me?

I'm holding on to Black Metal.

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:43:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

He needs to watch this then

Rich Gang - Lifestyle ft. Young Thug, Rich Homie Quan
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:44:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:46:02 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Don't think it's racist, but it certainly is crap and I consider it B string pop music and probably just an elaborate practical joke played on it's fans.
View Quote

truth/10
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:50:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Someone who's never listened to rap music, apparently, if he thinks country is making people dumb.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:51:43 PM EDT
[#43]
I've never heard of him.

Why does anyone care about his opinion?
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:52:20 PM EDT
[#44]
There is a lot of absolutely horrid country out there.  However I think they still have a ways to go before it's on the level of Hip Hop/Rap.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:59:06 PM EDT
[#45]
So says the man with two first names..........

RG
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:09:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Well, he's not wrong.

She thinks my tractor's sexy - was actually a thing.
View Quote

Just wait for:  part of the drinking class.

Cuntry Muzak is trrible!
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:21:45 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View Quote
The dude who's music Stan Smith fell in love with.

I'd have to agree with the sentiment about modern country.  It's almost as bad as modern hip hop.  The term Hick Hop sticks.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:24:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Hick Hop is an abortion.

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:24:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Lots of new age country sounds almost indistinguishable from rap.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:27:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Ugh...I'll save this thread...

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top