Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/29/2015 12:03:05 PM EDT
After researching and researching and researching, my wife and I have chosen the 2015 Dodge Durango and our new family vehicle. It fills all of our needs, the price is right, and a friend of ours own the dealership.

We were searching for a new 4Runner but they would not budge a dime on the price and we refuse to pay more than $40,000 for a vehicle. So one day my wife mentioned that she liked the Durango so two days ago we test drove one, and last night my friend drove it down from his dealership in Charleston so we could check out the specific one we wanted. Currently, they are finalizing every and we will pick it up this evening after work.

The Durango in question is a 2015 SXT Plus AWD with the Ralleye Package in granite crystal mettalic. Sunroof, leather, NAV, you get the idea. Sticker is $42k and some change, after the discounts and rebates I think the total is around $36k and then we are trading in our 2012 KIA Sorento......so I'm not 100% on the final price.

Link Durango

-No pics of wife
-No pics of Durango
-Shitty thread but will update later today

ETA:

Sticker for:       $42,415
After Rebates: $37,245
Trade-in:          $17,500
APR:                 1.99%
Financing:        $19,745

Durango

Wife and Myself

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:52:21 PM EDT
[#1]
My buddy has a '14.  He loves it, and pulls a pretty big boat with it as well.  Enjoy.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:57:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My buddy has a '14.  He loves it, and pulls a pretty big boat with it as well.  Enjoy.
View Quote

Thanks! When my buddy came by last night to give the car a once over, it was slightly dark and I swear the inside of the Durango is like a scene from the movie "Tron" what with all the blue lights!

This one is a V6, couldn't find a V8 with the same features. We are suppose to pick it up this evening.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:06:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Thanks! When my buddy came by last night to give the car a once over, it was slightly dark and I swear the inside of the Durango is like a scene from the movie "Tron" what with all the blue lights!

This one is a V6, couldn't find a V8 with the same features. We are suppose to pick it up this evening.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Day 0
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:12:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

After researching and researching and researching, my wife and I have chosen the 2015 Dodge Durango and our new family vehicle. It fills all of our needs, the price is right, and a friend of ours own the dealership.

We were searching for a new 4Runner but they would not budge a dime on the price and we refuse to pay more than $40,000 for a vehicle. So one day my wife mentioned that she liked the Durango so two days ago we test drove one, and last night my friend drove it down from his dealership in Charleston so we could check out the specific one we wanted. Currently, they are finalizing every and we will pick it up this evening after work.

The Durango in question is a 2015 SXT Plus AWD with the Ralleye Package in granite crystal mettalic. Sunroof, leather, NAV, you get the idea. Sticker is $42k and some change, after the discounts and rebates I think the total is around $36k and then we are trading in our 2012 KIA Sorento......so I'm not 100% on the final price.

Link Durango

-No pics of wife

-No pics of Durango

ETA:

View Quote
4runner is not over $40k, starts at 36,880 for 4x4...

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:15:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I was hoping you'd get the 4Runner.

I could have pointed you in a few directions for deals if you needed help.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:16:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks like a minivan.

I've always wanted a minivan.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:23:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Durango

-No pics of wife
-No pics of Durango

ETA:

The limited version is way higher than $36k, the cheapest I found on one is $41k but it had that red/saddle brown leather interior and my wife hated that.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:24:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

I really wanted the 4Runner but it just didnt work out.

The Durango has every feature the 4Runner does and a few more.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:25:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Looks like a minivan.

I've always wanted a minivan.
View Quote

I can see where you're coming from and I sort of agree. A minivan would work for us but there is no way in hell I would or could every own one.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:25:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Dodge
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:28:51 AM EDT
[#11]
I like em.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:31:50 AM EDT
[#12]
4runner FTW
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:37:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Just bought a Honda Pilot EX for 29,055 out the door (taffeta white, damn thing glows in the dark-but was the last EX they had). Yeah, it's basically a people mover, pretentious van but doesn't make you look like a soccer mom style, never go off road (which I almost never do), but for sub 30,000-Honda, I'm happy. First new car in 18 years. Loved writing a check for it (finance guy "how does 1.99% interest sound?" "Not as good as no interest, here's my check.")  Will drive it into the ground like I did the CRV and Avalon.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:39:32 AM EDT
[#14]
I went from a Durango to a 4Runner and back to another Durango. They are both good vehicles but IMO the Durango is a lot more fun. Enjoy your new purchase OP!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:41:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:42:05 AM EDT
[#16]
I like it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:42:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Dodge
View Quote

Dude I get it but Dodge/Jeep/Chrystler has come a long way. This isn't the same company from 10 years ago.

Back in the day I wouldn't dare consider a Dodge product but I know the owner of the dealership and his family owns numerous other dealerships and has always taken care of me.

I'm sure if this Durango turns out to be a turd he will take it back and give me something else.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:43:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Just bought a Honda Pilot EX for 29,055 out the door (taffeta white, damn thing glows in the dark-but was the last EX they had). Yeah, it's basically a people mover, pretentious van but doesn't make you look like a soccer mom style, never go off road (which I almost never do), but for sub 30,000-Honda, I'm happy. First new car in 18 years. Loved writing a check for it (finance guy "how does 1.99% interest sound?" "Not as good as no interest, here's my check.")  Will drive it into the ground like I did the CRV and Avalon.
View Quote

A friend of mine just bought one of these last December for about the same price you paid. He loves it, actually his wife does because he drives a shitty little toyota matrix because his job is an hour away.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:44:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I went from a Durango to a 4Runner and back to another Durango. They are both good vehicles but IMO the Durango is a lot more fun. Enjoy your new purchase OP!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

Thanks!

I drove about 100 miles on it yesterday and it was fantastic. The interior is kind of spaceship like what with the 8.4" screen and digital dash.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:45:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Fiat  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dodge

Fiat  

This, but your wife makes up for your poor choice.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:46:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Fiat  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dodge

Fiat  

hahaha, this is not Fiat 500 though.

I did check out the new Jeep Renegade which is based on the 500L yesterday and I really wanted to like it but I couldn't. It was too toaster box like, thats my best description. Its says Jeep like 100 times all over the vehicle and just about everything is plastic.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:46:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I like it.
View Quote

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:47:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dodge

Fiat  

hahaha thanks!

I am super lucky to have her. We have know each other since middle school but things just didnt work out until later in life for a variety of reasons.

Happily married for almost 6 years now.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:48:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Very cool, I love the new bodystyle
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:50:25 AM EDT
[#25]
I had a  14 Durango Limited. Loved it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:53:55 AM EDT
[#26]
This is my new car that I just bought about a month ago... six speed manual transmission, 435HP goodness....

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 9:06:39 AM EDT
[#27]
Ah yes, Dodge.

Where poor engineering, sub-par materials, and disgruntled + intoxicated employees all meet to swirl the drain together in a crap-tastic tornado to bring you "America's Import".

eta- Just fucking with you, Dude. Enjoy your Durango.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 9:07:53 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Ah yes, Dodge.

Where poor engineering, sub-par materials, and disgruntled + intoxicated employees all meet to swirl the drain together in a crap-tastic tornado to bring you "America's Import".
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 9:18:21 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Dude I get it but Dodge/Jeep/Chrystler has come a long way. This isn't the same company from 10 20 years ago.

Back in the day I wouldn't dare consider a Dodge product but I know the owner of the dealership and his family owns numerous other dealerships and has always taken care of me.

I'm sure if this Durango turns out to be a turd he will take it back and give me something else.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Dodge

Dude I get it but Dodge/Jeep/Chrystler has come a long way. This isn't the same company from 10 20 years ago.

Funny you say 10 years.  I have an '06 300C with 75k miles on it.  It has required ZERO besides regular maintenance.  AWD and 345 HP - it's still a blast to drive.  The AWD is the Mecedes 4matic system.  That was the first car that benefited from the Daimler merger.  I think Chrysler pretty much had its shit together 10 years ago (except for the 200).  

20+ years?  That's a different story.  I had several Intrepids, leaky fuel rails, the abysmal 2.7 in my second one, etc.  

Quoted:

Ah yes, Dodge.

Where poor engineering, sub-par materials,
and disgruntled + intoxicated employees all meet to swirl the drain
together in a crap-tastic tornado to bring you "America's Import".

"America's Import"  LOL.  How can the same company that makes such a great large car - 300/Charger/Challenger - make such a turd of a midsize car?  SMH.

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 9:21:13 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well, try to find one on a dealer lot that's less than $40k.  Hell, it's tough to find a Highlander that doesn't tickle that mark.

TC
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 9:22:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Funny you say 10 years.  I have an '06 300C with 75k miles on it.  It has required ZERO besides regular maintenance.  AWD and 345 HP - it's still a blast to drive.  The AWD is the Mecedes 4matic system.  That was the first car that benefited from the Daimler merger.  I think Chrysler pretty much had its shit together 10 years ago (except for the 200).  

20+ years?  That's a different story.  I had several Intrepids, leaky fuel rails, the abysmal 2.7 in my second one, etc.  

"America's Import"  LOL.  How can the same company that makes such a great large car - 300/Charger/Challenger - make such a turd of a midsize car?  SMH.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dodge

Quoted:
Ah yes, Dodge.

I guess I should have said 20 years ago?

I don't know man, I'm not really a car guy. This Durango seems to be top notch and like you, I love the 300 especially the SRT8 version. I looked at a 300 yesterday while the dealership was finishing up their part but the price scraed the fuck out of me.....$48k for the highend model.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 9:23:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Well, try to find one on a dealer lot that's less than $40k.  Hell, it's tough to find a Highlander that doesn't tickle that mark.

TC
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

TC

This.

The limited version is always listed at $44-45k, its rare to find one less than that new. Hell the used ones are high 30's.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 10:24:55 AM EDT
[#33]
I dont get the Fiat hate.  Post a pic of a Ferrari or Maserati and people cream themselves (Also Fiat)

Nice ride and beautiful wife. Enjoy your new ride!
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 10:38:48 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
This is my new car that I just bought about a month ago... six speed manual transmission, 435HP goodness....

<a href="http://s185.photobucket.com/user/PAP63/media/Mustang1_zpsi2xtiwoi.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x136/PAP63/Mustang1_zpsi2xtiwoi.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s185.photobucket.com/user/PAP63/media/Mustang2_zpsypnxqssn.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x136/PAP63/Mustang2_zpsypnxqssn.jpg</a>
View Quote

The new Mustangs look great.  No performance pack?
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 10:45:04 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I dont get the Fiat hate.  Post a pic of a Ferrari or Maserati and people cream themselves (Also Fiat)

Nice ride and beautiful wife. Enjoy your new ride!
View Quote

Thanks buddy!
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 1:07:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Just ordered a 2015 True Blue Pearlcoat R/T Durango.  Added 2nd row captains and a tow package.  Will see what rebates are available when it comes in, but total before TTL was ~$40, 037.  The R/T had all of the stuff we wanted without having to add it in a package group (like the V8, remote start, power liftgate, etc).

Just wish the Blacktop rims were available for this color choice.  I will have to see what the Rallye rims look like with the blue...may have them powder coated or look for a trade.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 1:16:49 PM EDT
[#37]
What are you trading in?
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 1:17:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Sweet ride!!
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 1:31:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Link Durango

-No pics of wife
-No pics of Durango

ETA:

Durango

http://media1000.dropshots.com/photos/1268979/20150430/083451.jpg

Wife and Myself

http://media1000.dropshots.com/photos/1268979/20150430/083449.jpg
View Quote

Did you get the ACTUAL "Friends and Family" pricing they advertise?  
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 1:33:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Shoulda spent 3k more and bought a KIA.

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 1:33:55 PM EDT
[#41]

Looks good, congrats!
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 1:35:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Congrats, OP!  Haters gonna hate.  

We also bought a Durango this last October, a 2014 Limited AWD w/Premium Package (and V6).  We absolutely love it!  It's my wife's daily driver, but I try to steal it whenever I can.  We're at 7500 miles so far.

Like you, we also looked at the 4Runner.  The 4Runner Limited would've been about the same price as this, but I didn't feel the value was there.  The Durango is more comfortable, had more options, and I (6' tall) can actually fit in the 3rd row if I wanted to.  Not even possible in the 4Runner.  Additionally, we don't go off-roading so the 4WD would've been overkill.  The AWD in this has been great through the winter snows.  

Enjoy it!!  

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 1:36:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Good-looking wife!
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 1:36:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Hot wife, nice car, dude you're living the good life; congrats!
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 1:39:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Very cool, I love the new bodystyle
View Quote

the wife or the car?
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 1:40:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Ah yes, Dodge.

View Quote

Truer words have never been spoken.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 1:53:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Except for quality. That's a feature the Durango doesn't have.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 1:55:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
What are you trading in?
View Quote

We traded in our 2012 KIA Sorento
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 1:56:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Just ordered a 2015 True Blue Pearlcoat R/T Durango.  Added 2nd row captains and a tow package.  Will see what rebates are available when it comes in, but total before TTL was ~$40, 037.  The R/T had all of the stuff we wanted without having to add it in a package group (like the V8, remote start, power liftgate, etc).

Just wish the Blacktop rims were available for this color choice.  I will have to see what the Rallye rims look like with the blue...may have them powder coated or look for a trade.
View Quote

I really wanted the blacktop edition but the Ralleye is the same I think except the wheels are different.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 1:56:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Durango

-No pics of wife
-No pics of Durango

ETA:

Durango

http://media1000.dropshots.com/photos/1268979/20150430/083451.jpg

Wife and Myself

http://media1000.dropshots.com/photos/1268979/20150430/083449.jpg

Yes
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top