Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/27/2015 4:07:01 PM EDT
Bet you read that in Professor Farnsworth's voice, huh.

CZ is going to be releasing the 527 receivers set up for 7.62x39 or other similar short action rounds here shortly.  Considering one of my dream rifles is a 527 x39, this is very much in my interests.  They don't say it in the blurb below, but it does include the usual CZ set trigger that is freaking fantastic.  Regular trigger pull as normal, or push the trigger forward till it clicks to set the sear to break sharp and clean but greatly reduced weight.

CZ USA has announced that they will be making their CZ 527 7.62×39 actions available for purchase separately. This will allow shooters to build their own custom 6.5 Grendel chambered rifle on the proven “micro Mauser” actions. The potential for such an action to be built into a light precision or hunting rifle is off the charts.

These are not available on the CZ-USA website. Email [email protected] if you are interested.

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 4:08:40 PM EDT
[#1]
LOL Grendel..

Id do a 6mm PPC..
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 4:11:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool.

I've heard of a few 527 conversions in 6.8.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 4:14:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

These are not available on the CZ-USA website. Email [email protected] if you are interested.[/span]

http://jerkingthetrigger.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/cz_action.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 4:15:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Wish I'd known this. I turned mine into a grendel, and now I just have the spare barrel and the carbine stock (the comb on the carbine stock is too low to work properly with a scope). Great little rifle though.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 4:16:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wish I'd known this. I turned mine into a grendel, and now I just have the spare barrel and the carbine stock (the comb on the carbine stock is too low to work properly with a scope). Great little rifle though.
View Quote

Out of curiosity, what stock did you end up using?
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 4:20:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
LOL Grendel..

Id do a 6mm PPC..
View Quote

I'm listening.  Sell me on it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 4:20:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The barrel profile for all the grendel barrels being produced for it are the standard 527 american profile. So I was able to just order a boyds platinum they make for the 527 american.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 4:22:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
LOL Grendel..

Id do a 6mm PPC..
View Quote

I don't get it. What am I missing?
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 4:27:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOL Grendel..

Id do a 6mm PPC..

Don't quote me here, but I think the 6mm PPC is like 300 win mag to 30-06 basically.  Same bullet, way more oomph.  Probably wrong though, but I do know it is used a lot in benchrest stuff.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 4:30:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOL Grendel..

Id do a 6mm PPC..

OLD OLD school bench rest round.. Started the short and fat Fad.. Its a pre curser to AA OMG Grendel.. Starts life as a 220 Russian. then necked up to 6mm. AA took that then necked up to 6.5 and gave it an Akley Improved shoulder angle.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 4:32:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Price??

Quoted:

The barrel profile for all the grendel barrels being produced for it are the standard 527 american profile. So I was able to just order a boyds platinum they make for the 527 american.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have never looked for stocks for a CZ. Are there many target and tactical options??
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 4:36:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Price??

I have never looked for stocks for a CZ. Are there many target and tactical options??
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Price??

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Boyds was basically all I could find, outside of actual custom makers. Mine was a little pricey, but just because I added the adjustable comb to get the added height needed for CZ rings. I think it came out to around $240 with shipping. Shame more guys aren't getting into the 527 series, I would love to see better support for it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 4:37:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

OLD OLD school bench rest round.. Started the short and fat Fad.. Its a pre curser to AA OMG Grendel.. Starts life as a 220 Russian. then necked up to 6mm. AA took that then necked up to 6.5 and gave it an Akley Improved shoulder angle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOL Grendel..

Id do a 6mm PPC..

6mm PPC still rules the short range benchrest game (along with 30BR). It's so short I'm not sure how it'd feed out of a magazine though. The Grendel is basically a necked-up PPC with the shoulder moved forward for more case capacity, same shoulder angle, though I think it has a little bit less case taper. If I wanted a 6mm cartridge in the same family, there are in fact numerous 6mm wildcats based on the Grendel, such the 6mm RAT/fat RAT and Robert Whitley's 6mm AR and AR Turbo cartridges, which all have higher case capacities than the PPC.

But yeah, pretty cool.

CZ-USA told me the actions are $468 and they can be ordered through your local friendly FFL. The item number is 00026.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 4:38:44 PM EDT
[#14]
That's kinda neat.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 4:39:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

CZ-USA told me the actions are $468 and they can be ordered through your local friendly FFL. The item number is 00026.
View Quote

son of a bitch! Ill have to get one as soon as I'm finished on the 550 338LM build for my dad.. Ive got a 6.5 PPC Imp and 6mm PPC reamers all ready.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 4:41:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Left Hand ?
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 5:18:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Bad ass, would be cool to do a little widcat on.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 5:26:49 PM EDT
[#18]

9x39mm HERE I COME
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 5:28:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Fuuuuu...there goes my fantasies of a DIY SSG-82.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 5:28:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Left Hand ?
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 5:31:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Needs more .22PPC
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 5:31:59 PM EDT
[#22]
How does the CZ compare to the Zastava?
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 5:39:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've never handled Zastava rifles, but CZ's fit and finish is usually amazing for the price.  A huge chunk of their rifles sell in the Ruger price range ~$6-800 but are IMO easily worth $1000 from the quality of the complete rifles.  Accuracy is up there was new Savage rifles, squeaking them out by a little bit.  Only real downside is a lack of aftermarket stuff.  But their wood stocks are usually beautiful.

This was the first full view photo on google when searcing for CZ 527 x39 review.  Just to show the average rifle.

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 5:40:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Once again, a quick glance at GD costs me money...
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 5:44:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Everything I've read says CZ is better made and smoother than Zastava. Also, CZ has true Mauser style extractor, Zastava is Sako type.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 5:53:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOL Grendel..

Id do a 6mm PPC..

I'm familiar with the history, but why should I prefer a 6mm PPC over what is essentially a 6.5mm PPC for a very compact and light weight 600 yard deer/antelope rifle?
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 5:55:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Left Hand ?

Thissss
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 5:58:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

J&G has the Zastava rifles for under $400.00.  The stocks don't have a great finish and reports are they don't feed steel cased ammo all that great from reviews I've read.

I have a CZ 527 in 7.62x39.  It was a pricey rifle I had to special order and wait 6 months for locally.  It feeds any 7.62x39 and the accuracy surprised me.  I bought a scope mount riser from some company so I could have my choice of rings and scope which will clear the bolt handle.

Mine when I had a 4x Russian scope on it.  I have a Nikon scope on it now with the riser but haven't sighted it in yet.

I shot it at 100 yards at a 50 yard small bore target last year using Silver Bear ammo.  With a 4x scope I could barely make out the target, my vision isn't what it use to be.

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 6:02:25 PM EDT
[#29]
I wanted to love my cz 527 in 7.62x39 but I had 2 brand new CZ rifles have nothing but problems.

60% failure rate, 25% failure to feed and light primer strikes. I even upgraded the firing pin spring, still had problems.

Sent my brand new one to CZ, they shipped me a new one, the new rifle had the same problem.

Sold it to a dentist (Yes, I did disclose the problems, he said he'd worry about it.)

I used steel cased ammo, Wolf, Tula, Brown, Silver and Golden bear.

I used brass cased ammo, Winchester, Remington and all had problems.

I really wished the rifle would work 100% of the time, would have made a great pig gun.

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 6:03:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I'm familiar with the history, but why should I prefer a 6mm PPC over what is essentially a 6.5mm PPC for a very compact and light weight 600 yard deer/antelope rifle?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOL Grendel..

Id do a 6mm PPC..

Because AA is a jerk of epic proportions and I do not buy his stuff.. He can choke on a bag of dicks..
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 6:06:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Here is a link to my problems with my cz 527.

Cz 527 problems
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 6:11:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Because AA is a jerk of epic proportions and I do not buy his stuff.. He can choke on a bag of dicks..
View Quote

So it's a personal issue and not a performance issue?  Is AA still the sole source for things 6.5G?
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 6:22:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

So it's a personal issue and not a performance issue?  Is AA still the sole source for things 6.5G?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

it was, now open source.. Im sticking with the 6.5 PPC Imp.. And yes.. personal..
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 6:28:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOL Grendel..

Id do a 6mm PPC..

It is the most accurate cartridge ever made. Except for that--meh
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 7:15:15 PM EDT
[#35]
I have several 527's in my collection as well as 452's and they have been nothing but pleasant to shoot.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 7:26:44 PM EDT
[#36]
I wonder if they'll do this with the 550?

I want a rifle in 6.5x55 with a 24" heavy barrel, but I don't think anyone builds such an animal. I could order one from Shaw, but it takes the 12-14 months to deliver.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 7:42:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I want a rifle in 6.5x55 with a 24" heavy barrel, but I don't think anyone builds such an animal. I could order one from Shaw, but it takes the 12-14 months to deliver.
View Quote

Tikka T3.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 7:45:34 PM EDT
[#38]
*sigh*

I want an Enfield in 7.62x39 like the Aussie company made.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 7:51:27 PM EDT
[#39]
I wonder if .50 Beowulf will also feed and function.  Neat.

Best,
JBR
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 7:52:45 PM EDT
[#40]
6.5 Grendel bolt gun is great on this action.  I'll be getting this for my kids and also as a great micro-lite hunter, target gun.

Since there are 34 factory loads for 6.5 Grendel, and a lot of them are very affordable, it's a great system.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 8:07:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Tikka T3.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tikka T3.

I was going to tell you that you're wrong, that only the T3 Sporter has a heavy barrel, and that's only 20" long. That's the version I see listed for sale when I go digging. But now I see there's a model with a 600mm long barrel.

But it's out of stock.

600mm is 23.62 inches. How much velocity do you lose when a barrel is .38" shorter?
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 8:09:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I was going to tell you that you're wrong, that only the T3 Sporter has a heavy barrel, and that's only 20" long. That's the version I see listed for sale when I go digging. But now I see there's a model with a 600mm long barrel.

But it's out of stock.

600mm is 23.62 inches. How much velocity do you lose when a barrel is .38" shorter?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tikka T3.

But it's out of stock.

17 FPS.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 8:22:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Just picked up a Zastava min-mauser yesterday, in 7.62X39. Haven't shot it yet, but there are a few threads here about it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 8:23:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Bet you read that in Professor Farnsworth's voice, huh.

View Quote

Are you a wizard?!

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:36:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
*sigh*

I want an Enfield in 7.62x39 like the Aussie company made.
View Quote

Special Interest Arms used to offer a 7.62x39 conversion. Try emailing Richard.

I just bought a sporterized No. 4, with the intentions of having it rebarreled to 45-70 or some other heavy caliber. Not having much luck finding a gunsmith though...
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:43:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Do WANT! I love the idea of a 7.62x39 bolt action. It will be my future sons first deer rifle.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:48:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Maybe want OST
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:59:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

9x39mm HERE I COME
View Quote

I could go for that if the price was right.   I love weird calibers and that one sounds cool.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:18:36 PM EDT
[#49]

this thread is relevant to my interests

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:26:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

9x39mm HERE I COME
View Quote

there are several incarnations available,  but this is the one I shoot out of ARs and 527s...

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top