Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 1:16:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm going to Blaine next week for 4-5 weeks. I'm skeptical.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 1:18:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I lived in Sammamish. Before I left the traffic backed all the way up from 520 back up the Fall City Rd. and up the hill past The Gray Barn and part way up Sahale Way.  God help anybody who lived out towards Carnation and commuted to Seattle.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 1:21:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I miss home
View Quote

This!

The San Juan Islands are "home" to me.   Amazing how different the weather is from the foothills where I was born and raised (summer place in the SJI then, but now the family lives there permanently).
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 1:21:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Telling my age here - but I was stationed at Sand Point NAS, Seattle. That was when you could still get into 'trouble' down on Pike St and 1st Ave ( I think that was the location - friggin CRS is killin me these days) - or take the ferry across to Bremerton and get in even more trouble.

Seafair was always fun. We got to run rescue boats and pull drunk chicks out of the water when they fell off their boats. Somehow we always managed to pull their tops off while getting them into our boat. They never seemed to mind. In this day and age we would probably be arrested for something like that.

Anyway - was a great place when I was there - especially since my previous duty station was Adak, Alaska.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 1:25:55 PM EDT
[#5]
OP, I loved the western part of Wahington state.

UNFORTUNATELY for me, I lived and worked at Hanford in the southeastern part of the state.

It was a desert, barren nuclear wasteland.  A complete shithole.  

Of course, that is why they sited Hanford there back in the 1940s as they wanted it to be a remote, barren wssteland.  

And they found a good spot too.

I only went out there to live a couple of years and work for DOE to get some good resume fodder.

And I succeeded in that as I have my currnet university faculty position because they were so impressed by my work at Hanford.

I have lived in two complete shitholes in my adult life. One was Lubbock, Texas and the other was Richland, Washington while working at Hanford.

I hated Lubbock so much that I did a complete undergrad engineering degree in just a little over two years at Texas Tech so I could get out of there.  

I did my two years at Hanford and bailed and moved back to Ohio.  

But, I say again, I  LOVED western Washington state around the Pacific coast.  I also liked Seattel although driving coudl be a challenge.

Eastern Washington state is as different from Western Washington state as heaven is from hell.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 1:28:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Meh, pretty state, loved it there, Seattle was neat, and the North Cascades were amazing as was the Olympic Peninsula....

But no MG parts....thanks libtards...don't get me wrong, my state is worse, but Washington is pretty retarded too...
View Quote

Wa state is nowhere as retarded as NY as far as firearms.....and politicians go.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 1:31:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Don't drop the soap  get out of the car in Index.
View Quote

fify
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 1:34:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Meh, pretty state, loved it there, Seattle was neat, and the North Cascades were amazing as was the Olympic Peninsula....

But no MG parts....thanks libtards...don't get me wrong, my state is worse, but Washington is pretty retarded too...
View Quote

You are complaining because we can't buy MGs...yet you live in the most ass backwards state in the country

Lol. Please stay in NY.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 1:36:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 1:39:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You are complaining because we can't buy MGs...yet you live in the most ass backwards state in the country

Lol. Please stay in NY.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol. Please stay in NY.

No, I am saying its retarded you can't buy any MG parts even....and yes, I currently live in ONE of the most backwardass states ever...California may be worse, or at least on par...

But don't worry, as beautiful as Washington is (and I did say so) I wouldn't move from one liberal shithole to another, so don't worry.

My plans are Texas....

RiF, lol my ass...
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 1:43:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Wa state is nowhere as retarded as NY as far as firearms.....and politicians go.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Didn't your state pass a law basically stating that it was illegal to hand a gun over to a buddy without a background check? Didn't I read about a mass protest that was going to take place where they were going to try to get all gun owners to come outside and swap guns and let the state basically have to arrest everybody or admit it was a bogus law? Sorry I don't know the outcome, as we have enough problems to deal with here, I didn't follow the story...

And I said in no uncertain terms that NY is worse than WA, but WA is still pretty fucked up. We can still buy MG parts here....
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 1:44:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Went to 2nd and 3rd grade in Ft. Lewis and could look out and at Mt. Rainier.  I hated leaving there to come back to Texas and asked my mom if there were pine forests here. She said, "Wu-ell, there are cedar trees"  I remember on summer it didn't rain for 30 days and people called it a drought.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 1:49:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Central

Eastern

Idaho

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 1:55:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 1:59:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Ummm, that's not WA... Read the pic name LOL
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Ummm, that's not WA... Read the pic name LOL

I know but it's the same terrain.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 2:08:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Didn't your state pass a law basically stating that it was illegal to hand a gun over to a buddy without a background check? Didn't I read about a mass protest that was going to take place where they were going to try to get all gun owners to come outside and swap guns and let the state basically have to arrest everybody or admit it was a bogus law? Sorry I don't know the outcome, as we have enough problems to deal with here, I didn't follow the story...

And I said in no uncertain terms that NY is worse than WA, but WA is still pretty fucked up. We can still buy MG parts here....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

SBRs, suppressors and no magazine capacity limits apparently is fucked up to a New Yorker..

Btw...notice anything in the news about 594 being enforced? Because I haven't.

Eta: a word
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 2:16:55 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View Quote

Not a whole lot to do in Blaine. Birch Bay and the surrounding areas are nice though.

Graduated from Blaine High School in 92.

Link Posted: 4/11/2015 2:31:40 PM EDT
[#18]
I dearly love WA, especially the weather. But the politicians are slowly making it uninhabitable. I hope it turns around.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 2:32:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Next week will be raining, come on July 5th and it will be nice.

Bring your passport, and make a quick drive up to Vancouver BC, and take a ferry over to Victoria.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 2:33:49 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

SBRs, suppressors and no magazine capacity limits apparently is fucked up to a New Yorker..

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't care, you passed the law....enforced or not your fucked up politicians got it passed. I never said NY wasn't fucked, oh, it is...and I hope all our politicians die in fiery pits of hell. I never said NY was any good...Just cause your state is less fucked up I wouldn't be so proud...your well on your way....

Point is I'd never move there, as appealing as it is in every other way...California is an amazing place too, but I'd never move there, because its full of liberals. I hate every second of living in this shithole, so don't go assuming I am saying its a great place...cause it aint...

But don't piss on my back and tell me its raining in Washington, because its started, and its only going to get worse there too...

Enjoy your SBR's and cans while you can, the libs are taking over, and you are doomed too....
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 2:35:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Oh you mean the communist occupied side of the state
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 2:37:26 PM EDT
[#22]
One sunny day amidst 364 rainy/snowy/shitty ones. It is beautiful country though. But I do not miss those "dreary, wanna slit your wrist, days".
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 2:39:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Rialto Beach

North Cascades

the view from my back yard
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 2:39:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Oh you mean the communist occupied side of the state
View Quote

We're not all commie

But, you're right. Trying to convert people isn't that easy.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 2:40:36 PM EDT
[#25]
I love the rain! I would totally love the climate there, great growing season for gardens too. Too many nut cases though.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 3:37:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Mt. Baker, shot from Pt. Robers, WA.

Link Posted: 4/11/2015 3:39:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Well, it's raining today in Mason County, and I'm trying to finish the dog kennel.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 3:45:10 PM EDT
[#28]
God I hope it looks this good a month from now...
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 6:09:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
If it didn't rain 6/7 days a week, and the california yuppies didn't make everything so damn expensive, it would be a great place to live. I liked Ferndale while we were out there.
View Quote

Not everyone from CA is bad, I brought plenty of "assault weapons" with me.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 6:22:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If it didn't rain 6/7 days a week, and the california yuppies didn't make everything so damn expensive, it would be a great place to live. I liked Ferndale while we were out there.

If I don't know you're from California within five minutes of meeting you,  you're good to go.

You can spot the yuppie imports because every other sentence out of their mouth includes some variation  of "in California we have XYZ"  or "that's not how we do it in California"  or "why don't you have store/service/product/legislation XYZ, we had that in California."  You would think they were all  forced to leave against their will.

In many ways,  native Oregonians and Washingtonians have perfected the art of hating California.  I imagine Utah,  Nevada and Arizona a are honing their skills now as well.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 6:28:56 PM EDT
[#31]
It sucks.
Stay away.

Link Posted: 4/11/2015 6:33:07 PM EDT
[#32]
I can smell the stench of democrats through the internet.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 6:37:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Lived for 2 weeks, felt depressed. Headed back to Texas ASAP
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 6:42:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Stationed at McChord AFB  for a couple years and yes, it's a wet bitch there. But if you live on the other side of the mountains it's not near as bad. Most of the storms coming out of the pacific are too waterlogged to have the height to clear the mountains.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 6:47:32 PM EDT
[#35]
My wife grew up in Bellevue. I used to go to Bremerton on business. Never rained, sun shined, it was warm. Couldn't figure out the whole rain thing.

Then we moved up there. Didn't see the sun for eight weeks.

Link Posted: 4/11/2015 6:50:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Looking at Mt. Baker from atop Mt. Josephine.

As many have said, the Wet side is a beautiful place, I just couldn't stand the people running/ruining the place.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 6:53:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Big +1

I lived right on Puget sound up until five years ago.

SC aint bad, and having sunshine in the winter is nice, but the Olympic peninsula in the summertime...

I will say, WA was a completely different place 30-40 years ago than it is now, probably more so than anyplace else in the country. Too much population growth coming from all the wrong places, the culture is completely changed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I miss home

Big +1

I lived right on Puget sound up until five years ago.

SC aint bad, and having sunshine in the winter is nice, but the Olympic peninsula in the summertime...

I will say, WA was a completely different place 30-40 years ago than it is now, probably more so than anyplace else in the country. Too much population growth coming from all the wrong places, the culture is completely changed.

Amen but its home and i am not letting  them push me into the dessert
I miss it too.....been all over world and there is nothing like coming home to WA
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 6:55:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I'd go further north. Southern ak is where it's at.
View Quote

If you think it rains alot in WA state you aint seen shit!
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 6:55:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I heart the PNW. Only exception is the politics.

I'll be here for as long as I can make a life of it.
View Quote

Indeed i think there are more people like us than the ...."others"
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 6:57:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
Its been relatively dry this winter I heard that this summer is supposed to be as nice as last year.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 7:09:43 PM EDT
[#41]
As much as i hate traffic and the looters in Olympia and the snotty little fuckwad hipsters i always find good reasons to stat like the gun laws the people you never hear about people like us and the geography. I as thinking hard about immigrating to Texas or God help me back to Michiganistan
But when i come home and can watch the sun set behind the olympics on my way to happy hour or spend the day hiking the cascades or
Further west to the dry side or.. Ferry ride to the oly penn....its hard to leave .

The food the beer and ironically the shooting community sure we cant have MGs, but look at occupied states like NY and MD. Yes we have
Libtards but the whole country is infested with them. Yes infrastructure is like something from Atlas Shrugged but if you can stay out of
King Co. Its not too bad....

There is no where else i want to live, local women are trouble so its best to import one from the South or abroad....
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 7:28:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Mt.Rainer from White Pass area

Rimrock Lake, White Pass area.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 7:37:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Those were taken that one week last summer?

The libtards have fucked us hard, we just got SBR's recently so a real nice gain, but we also got I-594.

We are not horrible on guns but I do not think we will be getting anything else, no fun switch for 3 years 2 months, maybe 3 years and 8 months.
View Quote

I've lived in Everett and Bellevue for a total of 2.5 years. It always amazed me how polarized people were on guns and living side by side.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 7:38:44 PM EDT
[#44]
I like the rain!
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 7:59:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 8:03:54 PM EDT
[#46]
I went there years ago and took the early morning ferry to the Olympic Peninsula.  Drove around all day, marveling at the incredible diversity, variety, and sheer majesty of the area.

I want - no, I NEED to go back.

And no, it didn't rain a drop while I was there.  

Link Posted: 4/11/2015 8:10:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
And has Dave_A
View Quote

Dave_A For Staff!
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 9:51:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
And it's raining.
View Quote

Didn't I just tell everyone what a rainy hellhole this place is?
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 10:00:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 10:01:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Trickster! Clicked this to tell you you're fucking nuts op.

Jealous of your time in WA
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top