And has Dave_A
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 8:41:00 PM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 4/10/2015 8:41:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I miss home
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 8:42:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Been there a couple of times. Rainer was out the whole time we were there.  You are right don't go there.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 8:43:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks like Orcas Island.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 8:43:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
And has Dave_A
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/10/2015 8:43:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 4/10/2015 8:47:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice pics!
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 8:48:35 PM EDT
[#9]
If it didn't rain 6/7 days a week, and the california yuppies didn't make everything so damn expensive, it would be a great place to live. I liked Ferndale while we were out there.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 8:48:39 PM EDT
[#10]
You're not supposed to tell anyone that it's not always raining! But it is actually raining right now.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 8:49:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Screw that, as long as you vote R. come on in, I'm sick of Sea/Tac fucking us at the polls.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 8:50:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Meh, pretty state, loved it there, Seattle was neat, and the North Cascades were amazing as was the Olympic Peninsula....

But no MG parts....thanks libtards...don't get me wrong, my state is worse, but Washington is pretty retarded too...
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 8:51:10 PM EDT
[#13]

Link Posted: 4/10/2015 8:52:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
And has Dave_A
View Quote

And Rebelgray.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 8:53:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

And Rebelgray.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And has Dave_A

And Rebelgray.

And that spiderman guy with a squirrel humping his head.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 8:54:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
You're not supposed to tell anyone that it's not always raining! But it is actually raining right now.
View Quote

Yes.  What do you think are you doing?  

Ah, and it seems there's snow inbound this weekend...  

Link Posted: 4/10/2015 8:54:40 PM EDT
[#17]
My friend's family has a place on Lopez.  It is a nice area.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 8:54:41 PM EDT
[#18]
I worked near Cle Elum one summer. It was an awesome place to be. In the winter it sucks ass.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 9:03:39 PM EDT
[#19]
I vacationed there for a week a while back, all prepared for the daily rain. Turned out it did not rain a drop in 7 days, clear blue sky just like OP's pictures.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 9:03:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I miss home
View Quote

Big +1

I lived right on Puget sound up until five years ago.

SC aint bad, and having sunshine in the winter is nice, but the Olympic peninsula in the summertime...

I will say, WA was a completely different place 30-40 years ago than it is now, probably more so than anyplace else in the country. Too much population growth coming from all the wrong places, the culture is completely changed.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 9:08:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Big +1

SC aint bad, and having sunshine in the winter is nice, but the Olympic peninsula in the summertime...

I will say, WA was a completely different place 30-40 years ago than it is now, probably more so than anyplace else in the country. Too much population growth coming from all the wrong places, the culture is completely changed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I miss home

Big +1

I spent 4 days in Seattle in January this year.  That place has gone off the deep end.  

Link Posted: 4/10/2015 9:47:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Big +1

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I miss home

Big +1

I miss it too. The town I lived in has changed so much it's disgusting. Been gone for 14 years and can't wake to get back for a visit. The thing I miss the most is the rain.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 9:49:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Those were taken that one week last summer?

The libtards have fucked us hard, we just got SBR's recently so a real nice gain, but we also got I-594.

We are not horrible on guns but I do not think we will be getting anything else, no fun switch for 3 years 2 months, maybe 3 years and 8 months.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 9:55:46 PM EDT
[#24]
The Evergreen (stump) State!

Wait

Link Posted: 4/10/2015 10:45:31 PM EDT
[#25]

Thats the Washington I know and love.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 11:05:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes

That's The Dry Side. Y'all don't count.

Wish to hell you'd get on with splitting off with eastern Oregon and forming yer own state.

Link Posted: 4/10/2015 11:05:43 PM EDT
[#27]
I'd go further north. Southern ak is where it's at.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 11:09:18 PM EDT
[#28]
G'damn I miss Washington.  Sammamish native and UW grad.  Quite honestly, the hidden nature of Washington is incredible.  I like Seattle, but it is nothing compared to the rest of the state.  One of my favorite feelings is landing at SeaTac and spending some time back home, nothing compares.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 11:16:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Don't drop the soap in Index.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 11:18:21 AM EDT
[#30]
I heart the PNW. Only exception is the politics.

I'll be here for as long as I can make a life of it.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 12:00:40 PM EDT
[#31]
OP is an ironic hipster. Source: it was rainy as fuck yesterday

Nice pics, that near Bremerton?
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 12:06:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's Anacortes and the San Juans (Orcas Island).

Orcas Island last February.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 12:11:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The libtards have fucked us hard, we just got SBR's recently so a real nice gain, but we also got I-594.

We are not horrible on guns but I do not think we will be getting anything else, no fun switch for 3 years 2 months, maybe 3 years and 8 months.
View Quote

Last summer was one of the driest, longest summers in a while.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 12:19:57 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Wish to hell you'd get on with splitting off with eastern Oregon and forming yer own state.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

You and me both. E. Wa, E. Or, and N. Id, would make a great 51st state.

Link Posted: 4/11/2015 12:40:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 12:43:07 PM EDT
[#36]
There is a place between Seattle and San Fran that has weather thats inbetween Seattle and San Fran.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 12:45:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I miss home
View Quote

A-fucking-men...
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 12:46:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes

Ummm, that's not WA... Read the pic name LOL
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 12:47:32 PM EDT
[#39]
It's not as bad as advertised but I've seen it when the sun doesn't really come out steady until 4th of July.  There was a month where it didn't come out for thirty days!

It's very pretty rain or shine but if you move there bring your own Xanax.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 12:49:15 PM EDT
[#40]
I love Washington state and Oregon from what I know about it (Astoria area). I would like to see the east sides as well. If they aren't ruined by politics I'd like to retire there.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 12:51:08 PM EDT
[#41]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's Anacortes and the San Juans (Orcas Island).

Orcas Island last February.
https://scontent-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/p180x540/1493219_10201609019922513_1705311868_n.jpg?oh=f1585187d4eebb16f62f0c3babc34dba&oe=55DE7006

Great pics, OP.  It looks beautiful.

But, to your statement about WA and rain.  

Current conditions at Orcas Island: 44 and Rainy per weather.com...
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 12:52:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Delete those pics ASAP - or else!

It is dreary here everyday, sad people, high suicide rate, moss and mold on everything, grey and lifeless.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 12:55:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Ha, can be rainy. I worked in the woods out of Forks back in the early 70s. 15 feet a year. I saw lots of guys come up there to log, only to stay half a day and say screw this.............
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 1:00:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
It's not as bad as advertised but I've seen it when the sun doesn't really come out steady until 4th of July.  There was a month where it didn't come out for thirty days!

View Quote

After my divorce I spent a year living in a travel trailer while I built a house on Mason lake, which is on the drier side of the Olympic peninsula.

It rained every day for 118 days straight. It wierds people out who aren't used to it when nothing ever dries out outdoors.

It really isn't bad in the summer time but you're right it almost always rains sometime in the first week of July, good thing too it saves a lot of property from fire damage.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 1:02:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Isolated Incident.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 1:03:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't tell people that, although this is ARFcom so not likely to vote libtard. But more bodies mean more traffic and traffic already sucks.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 1:04:27 PM EDT
[#47]
The fact a sunny day makes news and is worthy of a thread tells me yes, I never need to live there.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 1:11:22 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
After my divorce I spent a year living in a travel trailer while I built a house on Mason lake, which is on the drier side of the Olympic peninsula.

It rained every day for 118 days straight. It wierds people out who aren't used to it when nothing ever dries out outdoors.

It really isn't bad in the summer time but you're right it almost always rains sometime in the first week of July, good thing too it saves a lot of property from fire damage.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

If the west side ever really caught fire, it would burn until it burned itself out.  What happens is all those west side campers go to areas around Cheland, start fires and then we get all the smoke over here.......

Link Posted: 4/11/2015 1:11:27 PM EDT
[#49]
WA is definitely changed over the past 20-40 years. I'm only 31 and it's a very different place from when I was a kid. Population in Puget Sound area has almost doubled since then, and people are way too PC and easily offended now. Used to be a quirky place, live and let live, now too much of the authoritarian Californians running the place and making their opinions well-known. I think many of the west side natives wish that Microsoft and the tech boom had never happened.

My dad grew up in Renton and used to go hunting, shooting, and fishing just south of Boeing field in the 60s. His high school still had a basement shooting range. He bought his first house on Lake Sammamish for 70k then gave it to his first wife in their divorce so he could just walk away. She still owns it and now it's worth $1M or more.

Yep.. Western WA native here, just counting the years until my wife and I can get out of here. Originally we wanted to go to eastern WA, but with the politics of Seattle continuing to overpower and run the rest of the state, it has us considering going further east to Idaho or Montana, where my in-laws live. Only problem is that I work in the marine industry, so a whole career change will be necessary :(
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 1:11:54 PM EDT
[#50]
OPSEC Fail
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top