Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/22/2001 8:29:16 PM EDT
I just got back from the range. Me and Gator38 spent five hours sending lead downrange thru our AR's and 1911's. The club I belong to is Fairfield Sportsman's Assn. in Southwest Ohio. I've belonged since 1984. The club has been in existence for 30+ years. Every year, we open our ranges for the Police Olympics, the Boy Scouts, and the Marine recuits. Some of our members have been on the Olympic trap and skeet teams.
The big talk at the range today, was that property very close to our club was sold to the county to build soccer fields! This property is apparently in line with most of our ranges(high power, pistol, shotgun,etc.). We may have to close our facilities! FSA is an all NRA club. We have around 3000 members. We are open seven days a week, 365 days a year. We have a great relationship with the community, and local law enforcement. SWAT qualifies on our 300 yard range. We may have to close because of SOCCER!!
I bet our argument, that we were here first, would never hold up in court. We may be f**ked. What do you think? [sex]    
Link Posted: 4/22/2001 8:38:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I bet this soccer mom sucks: [url]http://www.guttersluts.com/jennywild/a104/jennywild.html[/url]

(18 and over)

teehehehe  [:D]
Link Posted: 4/22/2001 8:49:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice thought, but not quite exactly what I was looking for. Love the name. Us Franks gotta stick together.
Link Posted: 4/22/2001 9:39:49 PM EDT
[#3]
My local range has been open for at least 30 years, maybe more. About a month ago the rifle and pistol range was shut down pending a NRA safety review. Seems a rancher over the hill downrange had just built a new house when he noticed bullet holes in his barn. I can't figure how you could accidentally shoot over this hill.The rancher is co-operating fully and says he does not wish the range to close, but it wouldn't surprise me if the local government will take this opportunity to cite safety concerns and property rights and close the rifle and pistol range permanently.
Link Posted: 4/22/2001 9:48:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Have you ever noticed how soccer moms driving a SUV think they own the road?[chainsawkill]
Link Posted: 4/22/2001 10:41:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Have you ever noticed how soccer moms driving a SUV think they own the road?[chainsawkill]
View Quote

You're talking about the soccer moms in their Ford Excursions with kids jumping around the back doing ten below the speed limit in the passing lane all while constantly drifting into your lane, talking on the cell phone, and eating McDonalds at the same time?  [:D]

Yeah, I hate em too, and I cut them off all the time.  [:D]
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 12:08:31 AM EDT
[#6]
I keep getting stuck behind the one's in minivans where thre's two of them talking to each other(looking at each other not at the road), and their driving 10 to 15 miles under the speed limit and I can't pass them due to oncoming traffic. Jeez this drives me CRAZY, Grrrrrr....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top