Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2001 5:39:02 PM EDT
The [url]http://www.concealcarry.org[/url] is having an outing at Buffalo Range in Ottawa, IL. Any thing goes at this range including Full Auto, if you have it legally.

MAY 5TH, CINCO D'MAYO ON THE RANGE....CONCEALED CARRY, INC. FUN SHOOT

Where: Buffalo Range, Ottawa Illinois , 9am to ?

Come on out for a day of shooting, shooting the bull, and shooting whever else strikes your fancy. People have been known to toss everything from
barrels to couches into The Pit. No glass or metal targets, per request of Management.

We will also have a Concealed Carry, Inc informational meeting and the Winchester 1500XTR donated by Mr. Don Nickels will be raffled off.

Directions:

The best way out there is I-80.
From the north, take I-55 to I-80, then take I-80 west.
From the east, just take I-80.

Take I-80 West...... way west.... until you hit Route 23, which is about 40 miles west of the I-55/I-80 junction. Go south on Route 23 through Ottawa. A few miles down Route 23 you'll hit an intersection marked Route 6. Take Route 6 west out of town about 5 miles. Do not take the road marked "Buffalo Rock
State Park". You'll encounter a large hill..... keep going. Turn left on Buffalo Rock Road, a take it until it ends in a "T"-shaped intersection. Turn Right (west) and go about a half mile. The Range is on the left (south) side of the road.

Fair Warning: some construction on I-80 west of Joliet is starting this week, so expect a possible delay.

Range admission is 8.00/hour or 15.00 for unlimited time. The range opens at 9 a.m. You must stop by the range house and pay and sign a waiver. A gravel road crosses a pond and leads back to the shooting areas. The Pit is to the left. Buffalo Range has pistol, rifle and shotgun ranges, as well as "The Pit", which is where we'll set up or commandeer some picnic tables tables.

This is a public range, it might be crowded at various times, but my experience is that the crowds ebb and flow as the day progresses. If a few of us can get there right at opening time, we can "claim" an area, probably at one end of the firing line.

This is a very liberal range. Rapid fire and faux-full auto is fine with them. According to the Range Master, the only thing that can get you booted is fighting or booze. There's plenty of room for BBQ's, smoking and socializing.

Ideas ? Suggestions ? Email [email protected] RSVP: [email protected]

NOTE TO THE ICHV: Any bona fide ICHV members desiring to attend this shoot to meet us and even shoot if they like are welcome and we will pay your range fees and provide an AR-15 and ammo for you. Limited to the first ten ICHV members to contact [email protected] or Tel: 630 986-8550.

NOTE TO ALL: Bring your FOID CARDS!

Link Posted: 4/22/2001 5:56:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I may have to go to my USMC reserve station that weekend, if not, I would like to attend the shoot.

Speaking of Concealed Carry, Inc. I haven't heard anything on the ISRA election. What's up with that and who is on the board of directors now?
Link Posted: 4/22/2001 5:59:17 PM EDT
[#2]
How far is this from Alton,Ill(across from St.Louis) is this.
Link Posted: 4/22/2001 8:20:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/22/2001 8:44:24 PM EDT
[#4]
probably a little over 200 miles from Alton.
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 2:34:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I may have to go to my USMC reserve station that weekend, if not, I would like to attend the shoot.

Speaking of Concealed Carry, Inc. I haven't heard anything on the ISRA election. What's up with that and who is on the board of directors now?
View Quote

No need to fear the Old guard soundly defeated the Concealcarry vision team with their expensive member paid media campaign, and even got sympathetic board members thrown off.  So, when things go south you know exactly who to blame.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 4:34:41 AM EDT
[#6]
I will try and meet up with you all.  Not sure if I can make it.   I have met the old guard, and Richard Person the pres is a nice guy.  They are the ones doing the organizing in the collar counties of Chicago.  They also are the ones working on getting a public range built around joliet. Also looking to build a new ISRA one south of 80.  They have other issues to deal with, other than concel carry.  I was kinda pissed when they proposed new laws dealing with the FOID's when the Navstar guy started shooting.

Now, I do like John, and what he says. Fuck being defensive and attack!!!   If you find dirt on a anti, make sure it is know and crap like that.  Still the ISRA cannot just go for concel carry and forget about ar15's.
Also, when I went to the collar counties meeting, I was a "kid" to say the least.  (I am 28) Lots of grey hair. Couple of canes too. [xx(]
The ISRA is a bunch of old men.  Old farts that like hunting, and target shooting.  The young dudes don't join.  So, you get old guys leading old guys.  Also, older people are less likely to take chances.
c-rock
[url]www.illinois-shooter.org
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 9:14:41 AM EDT
[#7]
I don't know where the rumor got started about John being against Ar15s and ONLY for CCW - it just isn't true!  The man owns an AR15 and an UZI and is ex-Military.  If I had my pick about who I would want in my corner, I'd pick John every/any day of the week over the ISRA.  By the way do you know the current membership of the ISRA?? It's about less than 1% of total people that have FOIDs!  I had heard that some Turkey hunting group in IL has more members - oh well.  John is a take no prisoners type of guy, without him we would be even worse off in IL, and he is going to school to be a lawyer. :)

Steve
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 10:02:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Steve R:
I don't know where the rumor got started about John being against Ar15s and ONLY for CCW - it just isn't true!  The man owns an AR15 and an UZI and is ex-Military.  If I had my pick about who I would want in my corner, I'd pick John every/any day of the week over the ISRA.  By the way do you know the current membership of the ISRA?? It's about less than 1% of total people that have FOIDs!  I had heard that some Turkey hunting group in IL has more members - oh well.  John is a take no prisoners type of guy, without him we would be even worse off in IL, and he is going to school to be a lawyer. :)

Steve
View Quote

Ya, I know how many "we" are. About 15 of us.  That is sad. Really sad.
Anyways Bro, I will see you sometime soon.  If not May 5th, for sure on the 27th!!!  Rock and roll baby!!!
[flag]
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 1:28:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Steve R:

No need to fear the Old guard soundly defeated the Concealcarry vision team with their expensive member paid media campaign, and even got sympathetic board members thrown off.  So, when things go south you know exactly who to blame.  
View Quote

I know that you are a strong supporter of John and Concealed Carry,Inc. To be honest, I am happy that John is still able to keep CC running and at the same time see the "old guys" keep their own plans on range developments and competitions. You also have to be honest with yourself and say that even the Vision Team needed members funds to keep themselves going. Just to add, I did a lot of work getting other shooters to sign the online Concealed Carry petition and inform other people of it. So in my own way, I was helping John out.
I may of came of negative towards the Vision Team. Unfortunately they were the new kids on the block and I was not too sure how they could do the job. Maybe I was afraid of change. Maybe one day, John and friends will have another opportunity and win more, even my own support.
Until then, I'll always remain a ISRA member and support whoever is running it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 4:27:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Time to bump this thread back up!

In fact my family will be camping at Hi Tide campground about 45 minutes away for the holiday.  We just had the Concealcarry shoot at Buffalo Range last weekend.  Check it out:

[url]http://www.concealcarry.org[/url]

I won the shotgun :)

I am thinking 9:00am on the 27th.  I'll bring an American Flag or something to meet up at the pit.

Anyone one else want to camp that weekend - I'll get the phone number if you want to make reservations.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 5:00:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Maybe one day, John and friends will have another opportunity and win more, even my own support.
Until then, I'll always remain a ISRA member and support whoever is running it.
View Quote

[green]I'm sure you believe that now. I believe we all missed an opportunity that will most likely not come again. Oh well, I think I was wrong one other time.[/green]
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 5:16:18 PM EDT
[#12]
I got to say, range development is the most import thing around Chicago.  They are a dying breed out in these parts.  
c-rock
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 7:23:50 PM EDT
[#13]
I will be there on the 27th also.  We still looking at a cookout?  I can bring some soda and chips and stuff.  I will also have my Departments Thompson and if anyone has a box or 2 of NEW .45 FMJ you are welcome to run it through it.  All I ask is handle it with care as I dont want to burn out the barrel.

Lookin' forward to it.  
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 7:37:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Interesting.  This is the first time I've heard of people from the point of view of the Vision team.  I don't know Richard Pearson personally.  But I do know Don Moran and while I personally think he's a $hithead, I still have to agree with the "old guard."  ICHV threatening to release ISRA membership data to the press and antigun groups, quite frankly, pisses me off.
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 2:47:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Let's stay on topic guys, I don't want to debate the effectiveness of the ISRA anymore.  

So, it's 9:00 am the 27th.  If someone has a grill I'd say go for it.  My family and I are camping a short distance from the range at Hi-Tide campground.

Steve
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 5:01:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Gun Toter:
I will be there on the 27th also.  We still looking at a cookout?  I can bring some soda and chips and stuff.  I will also have my Departments Thompson and if anyone has a box or 2 of NEW .45 FMJ you are welcome to run it through it.  All I ask is handle it with care as I dont want to burn out the barrel.

Lookin' forward to it.  
View Quote

Dang, I guess I should of bought that case of .45 FMJ then.  [:)]
Are you ok with Fiocci Brand ammo?
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 7:57:53 AM EDT
[#17]
I should be there.

C-rock,  I have a question for you--if you will e-mail me, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

AFARR
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 8:03:48 AM EDT
[#18]
c-rock:

as long as its new and fmj and not some super high velocity stuff I dont have a problem.  See ya there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top