Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/11/2015 9:35:24 AM EDT
Found this on an AK forum.

Have been a somewhat active member here for a while. I now for various reasons have time on my hands. I've decided to use it to give back to the shooting community.

I am going to try to gather all the resources people need to help protect the current ammo supplies as well as hopefully build some steam for future action such as unbanning 7n6 and Chinese 7.62x39 for example.

Everyone, no matter where you fall on the shooting spectrum, needs to realize these laws affect us all. Even if you only hunt once a year, or are an avid 3-gunner, these laws limit choices and freedoms many have fought and died for.

The ban on 5.45 provides the perfect example. Due to the limited action when the ban was announced, the ban proceeded. Furthermore, anti-rights organizations saw this as a win and felt they could do the same with 5.56.

Luckily there was a little more pushback due to the amount of shooters who shoot 5.56...

The community needs to stop being retroactive, and become more proactive. This thread will serve to help just that. Now we fight for 7n6 and Chinese ammo because if we don't, who wants to bet Russian ammo and surplus is next? And remember, the m855 ban isn't dead yet..

Today, we take the fight to them. Links Follow
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 9:36:24 AM EDT
[#1]
H.R. 1180 The Protecting Second Amendment Rights Act

https://www.popvox.com/bills/us/114/hr1180

Reverse 7n6 Ban

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...ition/HCWTmm0B

You can personally ask the Attorney General why he is trying to Ban
Rifle Ammo based on the Law Enforcement Officers Protection Act of 1985 -86
that ONLY discusses Hand Gun Ammo.

Jacob J. Lew - Treasury Secretary
[email protected]

Contact the ATF directly regarding 7n6 and Chinese ammo

ATF email: [email protected]. Follow the instructions for submitting comments
Fax: (202) 648-9741
Mail: Denise Brown, Mailstop 6N-602, Office of Regulatory Affairs, Enforcement
Programs and Services, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives, 99
New York Avenue, NE, Washington, DC 20226: ATTN: AP Ammo Comments

Write your Representative

http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/

Write your Senator

https://www.senate.gov/general/conta...nators_cfm.cfm

You may also want to show support for the Sportsmen’s Act of 2015

http://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2015/...mens-act-2015/
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 9:40:59 AM EDT
[#2]
herp a fucking derp
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 9:43:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Found this on an AK forum.

Have been a somewhat active member here for a while. I now for various reasons have time on my hands. I've decided to use it to give back to the shooting community.

I am going to try to gather all the resources people need to help protect the current ammo supplies as well as hopefully build some steam for future action such as unbanning 7n6 and Chinese 7.62x39 for example.

Everyone, no matter where you fall on the shooting spectrum, needs to realize these laws affect us all. Even if you only hunt once a year, or are an avid 3-gunner, these laws limit choices and freedoms many have fought and died for.

The ban on 5.45 provides the perfect example. Due to the limited action when the ban was announced, the ban proceeded. Furthermore, anti-rights organizations saw this as a win and felt they could do the same with 5.56.

Luckily there was a little more pushback due to the amount of shooters who shoot 5.56...

The community needs to stop being retroactive, and become more proactive. This thread will serve to help just that. Now we fight for 7n6 and Chinese ammo because if we don't, who wants to bet Russian ammo and surplus is next? And remember, the m855 ban isn't dead yet..

Today, we take the fight to them. Links Follow
View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 9:44:05 AM EDT
[#4]
You're new here aren't you?

Your post makes like 87 threads on the first page now about this?
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 9:48:40 AM EDT
[#5]
We are ready.  

Link Posted: 3/11/2015 9:56:33 AM EDT
[#6]
The only reason I posted it was because it had all of the links in one post. Makes it a whole lot simpler to respond via web links.

Digging through 95 pages as in the case of the original M855 post gets annoying and hard to do when you are looking for the one link to e-mail your senator, congressman, etc.

Having a sticky with current events and ways to respond would not only make things easier, but allow for a greater number of people to repond. That was my only intent in posting that.

If a Mod feels it is not needed then feel free to delete it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top