Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2015 5:42:04 PM EDT
OK, Obama has a veto. Who cares? Pass the will of the people and let him (and his party) take the backlash.

We have been waiting on the courts to protect our rights. The heck with that, it's time for our Representatives to start repealing laws.

Why not repeal the NFA?

Why not repeal the 1986 Ammunition ban, and the ban on transferable machine guns?

Why not pull back the authority of Homeland Security?

Why not pull back the Federal "social welfare" programs? While they are at it they can eliminate the cap on the Social Security tax.

Some pretty simple legislation could even gut the unconstitutional gun and ammuntion laws in New York, DC, California, Connecticut, Chicago, New Jersey etc.

So why isn't this happening, starting right now?
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 5:43:33 PM EDT
[#1]
What will happen is the ATF will be de-funded but the law won't change.

Therefore, no more stamps processed.  In a practical sense NFA will be dead, but we will still suffer.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 5:46:24 PM EDT
[#2]
The pressure on the ATF starts with us

Congress won't do anything unless we create a significant movement to defund the atf like we did with opposing the m855 ban
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 5:47:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm saying that defunding the ATF is a half measure.

Change the law!
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 5:51:07 PM EDT
[#4]
No.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 5:51:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Change the law!
View Quote

I agree... It won't change till we have an R president though
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 5:53:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Do it - sounds like a good moment for an offensive
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 6:08:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What will happen is the ATF will be de-funded but the law won't change.

Therefore, no more stamps processed.  In a practical sense NFA will be dead, but we will still suffer.
View Quote

NFA is a TAX issue - therefore in IRS's or Treasury's swim lane to collect the tax.  ATF is, at a minimum, misplaced as part of DOJ.  

That said, I'd start with repeal of GCA '68 (and it's amendments).  The weight off the shoulders of gun owners and dealers would be breathtaking.

I'm not saying the NFA should not also go - - if you want to raise your blood pressure, read the Congressional Record from when it was being discussed (in Nolo's brief).  Clearly those slime sucking politicians were conspiring to undermine the Constitution.  Unfortunately, none are still alive, so can't be made to answer for their crimes.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 6:10:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
OK, Obama has a veto. Who cares? Pass the will of the people and let him (and his party) take the backlash.

We have been waiting on the courts to protect our rights. The heck with that, it's time for our Representatives to start repealing laws.

Why not repeal the NFA?

Why not repeal the 1986 Ammunition ban, and the ban on transferable machine guns?

Why not pull back the authority of Homeland Security?

Why not pull back the Federal "social welfare" programs? While they are at it they can eliminate the cap on the Social Security tax.

Some pretty simple legislation could even gut the unconstitutional gun and ammuntion laws in New York, DC, California, Connecticut, Chicago, New Jersey etc.

So why isn't this happening, starting right now?
View Quote

I don't think a repeal attempt will work.
Use the Progressives tactics of moving the goal line.

Start with need to simplify law using the SB15 debacle as an example.
It's either a handgun or a rifle, under 16" barrel or 16" and over for rifle.
Concealable concealed, 26" or whatever means nothing.  A 5" barrel 9mm AR is a pistol not a rifle based on this definition and if it has a stock or not is moot. is moot point and there is no stamp issue.  All states will comply with these guidelines/rules of non-infringement.
Assault weapon terminology shall only be used to designate a selective fire weapon only.  
Do away with things that differentiate based on OAL, caliber, velocity etc other than something to the effect that 20mm and above legally constitutes a cannon..........etc..

Then go after laws against supposedly dangerous weapons.  The act is illegal not the object that may be used in the act.

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 6:13:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Wishful thinking!!!  
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 6:18:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Change the law!

You mean the right "R" president. A RINO (like Jizz Bush or Crispy) would not change a thing except support "common sense" gun laws.

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 6:33:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Because Congress is worthless

Next slide...
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 6:41:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Wishful thinking!!!  
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 6:44:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm pretty sure none of those measures would have the support of a majority if up was for a popular vote. In fact I'm positive the gun related ones would fail. Repeal the NFA? Good luck, but ain't gonna happen.

Imagine the press when some idiot shot up a store with a machine gun.

ETA: But this could work...

Quoted:
I don't think a repeal attempt will work.
Use the Progressives tactics of moving the goal line.

Start with need to simplify law using the SB15 debacle as an example.
It's either a handgun or a rifle, under 16" barrel or 16" and over for rifle.
Concealable concealed, 26" or whatever means nothing.  A 5" barrel 9mm AR is a pistol not a rifle based on this definition and if it has a stock or not is moot. is moot point and there is no stamp issue.  All states will comply with these guidelines/rules of non-infringement.
Assault weapon terminology shall only be used to designate a selective fire weapon only.  
Do away with things that differentiate based on OAL, caliber, velocity etc other than something to the effect that 20mm and above legally constitutes a cannon..........etc..

Then go after laws against supposedly dangerous weapons.  The act is illegal not the object that may be used in the act.

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 6:50:11 PM EDT
[#14]
 While they are at it they can eliminate theSocial Security tax.

View Quote

I would rather have this.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 6:55:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Eliminate a tax!!!
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 7:00:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Because Congress is worthless
View Quote

No question - as a whole they are corrupt and worthless. They are also craven in the face of public opinion.

I'm tired of having my rights trampled, as if I was a criminal. I should have all of my 2nd amendment rights.

I should be free to speak in public - even in an airport, or a school. Even if Obama is in earshot.

My pocketknife is not a "Weapon". Even if it was - I'm a responsible citizen. I should be able to carry a weapon.

Every citizen is assumed a criminal. Exceptions are carved out for the elite and politically connected. Saying the wrong thing in the wrong place can get you arrested, expelled or hounded by the media. To often, the "wrong thing" is just the truth.

Special preferences are carved out for special groups on the basis of nebulous definitions. Question or defy them and you can find yourself accused of "hate speech".

It's turning into soviet times in this country.

It's time to start repealing the laws that take our freedoms.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 7:29:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Before we can begin to dream of repealing the NFA, or abolishing the BATFE, the next president we elect needs to be a solid constitutionalist backed by a Republican House and Senate.

Until then, it's been a rough go with the ATF. They've been throwing their weight around and keeping us on the defensive. Now they've gotten the attention of the House, Senate, and a larger population of the American people. While the ball is back in our court for a brief moment, we need to turn the tables and keep the anti-gun administration busy with smaller measures, like for example, bill H.R. 1180 - Protecting 2nd Amendment Rights Act of 2015

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/1180

Yes the President will be likely to veto the bill, but while the House and Senate are focused on preservation of the 2nd Amendment, it might be more difficult for the administration to dismantle it.

There's also the The Second Amendment Sovereignty Act, S.2205 - http://www.moran.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/news-releases?ID=0763b485-e441-4de4-b61f-eb9366f741f2

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 7:32:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Eliminate a tax!!!
View Quote

Funny how I don't recall any taxes on the first amendment.

Just do a blanket repeal of ALL federal gun laws, rules, regulations, etc.

Call it the "Second Amendment Recognition Act".

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 7:35:17 PM EDT
[#19]
the right move RIGHT NOW is to specifically go after the sporting purpose clause in the 1968 Gun Control Act
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 7:38:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Will 5.45x39 start making its way back into the states?
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 9:46:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Before we can begin to dream of repealing the NFA, or abolishing the BATFE, the next president we elect needs to be a solid constitutionalist backed by a Republican House and Senate.

Until then, it's been a rough go with the ATF. They've been throwing their weight around and keeping us on the defensive. Now they've gotten the attention of the House, Senate, and a larger population of the American people. While the ball is back in our court for a brief moment, we need to turn the tables and keep the anti-gun administration busy with smaller measures, like for example, bill H.R. 1180 - Protecting 2nd Amendment Rights Act of 2015

Yes the President will be likely to veto the bill, but while the House and Senate are focused on preservation of the 2nd Amendment, it might be more difficult for the administration to dismantle it.

There's also the The Second Amendment Sovereignty Act, S.2205 - http://www.moran.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/news-releases?ID=0763b485-e441-4de4-b61f-eb9366f741f2

View Quote

Those look good to me!
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 9:49:07 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

No.
View Quote

YES!

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 9:51:26 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top