Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2015 1:23:35 PM EDT
My friend had a brother who was a Vietnamese openly gay and proud. When his boyfriend died for unknown reasons, I didn't ask, left him a few hundred thousand in his will.

Since then he was back to Vietnam for a couple months and living large. Apparently he was a well liked singer there. He would be gone for awhile then come around for a bit then be gone again.

I hadn't seen him in awhile and yesterday another brother of my friend and I sat down to have a smoke. The guy looked just like him and I said hey man you look a lot like your brother. He says yeah I get that a lot it's too bad he's gone. I said what? He said yeah he drank too much on his last trip to Vietnam and died in a car crash.

Now I don't agree with gayness but to each their own. I do want to say I enjoyed his stories because most of them were something polar opposite of me.

I asked them if they were going to bring his body back to he US and they said no, too expensive.

If I died in another country and my family didn't bring me home let the haunting begin.

For the no fucks given, don't drink and drive because apparently that goes family level.

It's an odd feeling when someone that is in his fourties here today gone tomorrow.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 1:25:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry to hear that OP
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 2:13:29 PM EDT
[#2]
drinking and driving

Don't do it!!
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 2:39:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I just broke 50. My college roommate died, I discovered online-haven't talked with him in 25 years. Messaged his wife, I'm sure I bummed her out (never met her, it was his second marriage). Couple of other friends have died, usually alcohol, drug related in some fashion or another.  Blowing out your livers or Hep C issues.  At this age, we need to smarten up and think about the long term. Drink better booze, but less of it. Eat better, get the camera up the butt (day after tomorrow for me).  Real life is on now-no more junior league bullshit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top