Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2015 5:06:38 AM EDT
It is a wrist band that has a bunch of tools on it.

-Looks gimmicky, but it comes from an honest brand.
-5.3Oz.  Maybe a bit heavy
-Doesn't beat a multitool, but I don't carry a multi tool, just a really thin knife.

link
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 5:10:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Pandora for dudes?
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 5:12:27 AM EDT
[#2]
It says "great for airplanes."

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 5:12:47 AM EDT
[#3]
inb4 the Leatherman rage

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 5:14:30 AM EDT
[#4]
I abandoned Leatherman after the special ATF edition.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 5:19:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Wow, that's terrible.
I can't image ever using one of the wrenches. For one thing, they're all smaller sizes, and then the other thing is because the of the shape of the tread, you'll be pretty limited in what you can actually apply them to.
And the same goes for the bits, it's rare that I need any of those sizes of bits, and when I do, I'm probably going to need a longer shaft than the design allows.
Oh, an recently, I tried using on of the bits for my leatherman without the tool, because the handle was too bulky for what I needed, it was difficult to turn the rectangular shape, those screwdrivers are going to be a pain to use. You'll probably only be able to make a 1/4 turn effectively. I'm surprised this ting made it off the drawing board.

This thing is pretty much a failure from a practical standpoint, and as far as fashion, with all of those screw heads linking everything together, forget about it.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 5:27:46 AM EDT
[#6]
I can see it being useful/practical. No, it doesn't replace a diesel mechs $50,000 rolling box of snapon tools, but so what? At times when you don't want to carry a multi tool, or real tools, it'd be better than nothing.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 5:32:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 5:34:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I can see it being useful/practical. No, it doesn't replace a diesel mechs $50,000 rolling box of snapon tools, but so what? At times when you don't want to carry a multi tool, or real tools, it'd be better than nothing.
View Quote

It's hard to see that thing making it through any amount of torque applied.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 6:32:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It is a wrist band that has a bunch of tools on it.

-Looks gimmicky, but it comes from an honest brand.
-5.3Oz.  Maybe a bit heavy
-Doesn't beat a multitool, but I don't carry a multi tool, just a really thin knife.

link
View Quote

Yeah, honest about grabbing your guns...

Looks gimmicky
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 6:45:03 AM EDT
[#10]
I was pretty excited when I first heard about this as I have been playing a bit of an ongoing cat and mouse game with the TSA.  While a neat concept, the fact is if that this entire thing is basically useless if you sit and thing about what the tools are and how you would apply them.  You can't even get at a fastener recessed more than a few millimeters.  

Window dressing for wannabees.

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 6:51:06 AM EDT
[#11]
This was released at SHOT.  Wasn't impressed then, still not.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 6:57:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I was pretty excited when I first heard about this as I have been playing a bit of an ongoing cat and mouse game with the TSA.  While a neat concept, the fact is if that this entire thing is basically useless if you sit and thing about what the tools are and how you would apply them.  You can't even get at a fastener recessed more than a few millimeters.  

Window dressing for wannabees.

View Quote

I was going to type out this same response, then saw yours.  Exactly what I think.

I'm thinking about all the times I've needed a wrench--a standard wrench at that--and not once would that bracelet have helped.  I never need to adjust nuts that are on perfectly accessible, flat planes with oodles of access.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 7:17:24 AM EDT
[#13]
It does have a bottle opener.  150-200$$.....x87
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 7:21:32 AM EDT
[#14]
It looks cool. I am not sure how practical it would be.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 7:24:44 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Pandora for dudes?
View Quote
I raffed.

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 7:26:44 AM EDT
[#16]
If I had hands Id buy one in a heartbeat.

As it is it would spend most of the day on the floor.

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 7:26:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Site says it will be released soon.

If it was $50 it might be worth it. At $150 it is priced out of reality.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 9:43:33 AM EDT
[#18]
The Tread hasn't actually been released yet. I plan on getting one once it is though, maybe with the watch. Seems like something I would wear traveling with my StylePS.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top