Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2015 7:10:42 PM EDT
How is it that when I really want something off craigslist? The seller ends up being a complete retard? Does this happen to anyone else? Am I in the wrong here?

I was trying to buy a gun safe, and kept emailing back and forth with a guy, telling him to call me multiple times to discuss picking it up.  Never calls, wont give me his #.

Not only does it take this guy 2 hours to respond to every email, but 10 minutes before I leave, after asking if he had any means of moving the safe with no reply, he lets me know he has nothing, even though I asked at noon and would have gotten an appliance dolly/ LEGIT ANYTHING to move this thing from my construction yard.

I let the guy know, I would have gotten an appliance dolly earlier nicely, and he responds back "Well i have 10 other people interested."

Fuck that fucking guy.

Not really a rant,
CSB and all that.

TL;DR: Wanted to buy craigslist gun safe, Seller was probably a 13'r.  I lost brain cells. No safe.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 7:13:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Thank GOD
This is NOT A SAFE THREAD!!!
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 7:26:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thank GOD
View Quote

FPNI
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 7:32:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Dude.  I hear ya...

But, don't be the guy that expects CL purchases to come with free loading.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 7:34:46 PM EDT
[#4]
this is ripe for a parody thread.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 7:35:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Probably just someone that this is their first few times selling on CL.  They aren't used to dealing with multiple people and walking them through the process to make it easier on both parties.

I'd not be offended and would have grabbed all the tools necessary without expecting help.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 7:36:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
this is ripe for a parody thread.
View Quote

Figured that might happen

Also thinking the guy might be on ARFCOM

To everyone else, Ive been doing craigslist buying and selling for a long time. Would never show up expecting a guy to do any work. I just need details to know what to bring.  Cant bring a truck bed full of moving equipment when I'm trying to put a safe in there.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 7:38:06 PM EDT
[#7]

hey, it was Craigslist.

your expectations need to come down a couple notches to avoid so much disappointment.

Link Posted: 3/9/2015 7:38:33 PM EDT
[#8]
I'll ride in on the OP's coat tails...

What the fuck is up with trying to sell something and not having a God Damned picture?

I mean there is a fucking camera on everything these days. Hell, you can just about get a fucking camera out of a vending machine or a box of Cracker Jacks! I know what the fucking item looks like, I want to know what YOUR fucking item looks like!

Thanks OP. I needed that.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 7:39:45 PM EDT
[#9]
One email reply every 2 hours sounds pretty dang fast for me as far as Craigslist goes. Although as soon as they reply, I always immediately give them a burner number and tell them to text me. My email likes to randomly delete Craigslist and Armslist replies before I see them.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 7:40:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
What the fuck is up with trying to sell something and not having a Damned picture?
I mean there is a fucking camera on everything these days. Hell, you can just about get a fucking camera out of a vending machine or a box of Cracker Jacks! I know what the fucking item looks like, I want to know what YOUR fucking item looks like!
View Quote

What's even worse are the people on the EE selling a $2k+ item with no picture.

No pic, no buy. I just move on.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 7:40:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
How is it that when I really want something off craigslist? The seller ends up being a complete retard? Does this happen to anyone else? Am I in the wrong here?

I was trying to buy a gun safe, and kept emailing back and forth with a guy, telling him to call me multiple times to discuss picking it up.  Never calls, wont give me his #.

Not only does it take this guy 2 hours to respond to every email, but 10 minutes before I leave, after asking if he had any means of moving the safe with no reply, he lets me know he has nothing, even though I asked at noon and would have gotten an appliance dolly/ LEGIT ANYTHING to move this thing from my construction yard.

I let the guy know, I would have gotten an appliance dolly earlier nicely, and he responds back "Well i have 10 other people interested."

Fuck that fucking guy.

Not really a rant,
CSB and all that.

TL;DR: Wanted to buy craigslist gun safe, Seller was probably a 13'r.  I lost brain cells. No safe.
View Quote

So you did not know that there was a means to move it, yet decided not to procure such means despite the fact that you could have easily done so?
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 7:45:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

So you did not know that there was a means to move it, yet decided not to procure such means despite the fact that you could have easily done so?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck that fucking guy.

Not really a rant,
CSB and all that.

Pretty much. Even had a yard truck with a lift gate all day, and figured the guy had at least a dolly to get it to my truck.

Didn't follow the rule.

"proper planning prevents piss poor performance"
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 7:45:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck that fucking guy.

Not really a rant,
CSB and all that.

This left me confused as well.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 7:47:58 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

What the fuck is up with trying to sell something and not having a Damned picture?

I'm with ya there. If someone is savvy enough to list an item on the interwebs they should have a camera. Hell, I bought a used Canon digital camera off of ebay for like $20.00 and it takes great pictures. The ebay ad even had several pictures of the camera!

Link Posted: 3/9/2015 8:13:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Fuck that fucking guy.

Not really a rant,
CSB and all that.

View Quote

Yeah, dicks gotta
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 8:34:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Pretty much. Even had a yard truck with a lift gate all day, and figured the guy had at least a dolly to get it to my truck.

Didn't follow the rule.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck that fucking guy.

Not really a rant,
CSB and all that.

Didn't follow the rule.

Why didn't you have a dolly?  They don't take up that much room.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 8:41:13 PM EDT
[#17]
I feel your pain. I sold an iPad to a guy. We agreed the best day for us both was 6 days away, or last Saturday. I text him Friday to confirm we are still on for Saturday, he tells me yeah no problem. Saturday comes around and he sends me a text about 1.5 hours before were supposed to meet that he's basically backing out. I was really pissed, especially since I told three others that emailed me in that time frame that it was sold. Craigslist is such a cess pool.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 8:47:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

FPNI
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thank GOD

FPNI

Link Posted: 3/9/2015 8:55:37 PM EDT
[#19]
My buddy tried to sell an amp/subs on craigslist. Buyer showed up (driven by a friend of course) with less than half the money. My buddy took out a hammer and destroyed the amp on the spot, left it in the dirt, and drove off.

I have never had a craigslist transaction go anything but smoothly.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 9:17:16 PM EDT
[#20]
I've sold/traded three things on Craigslist.
First was a motorcycle project I traded for a 10/22.
An old guy bought a mini lathe.
Recently sold a small compressor.
No problems with any of them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top