Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/9/2015 1:43:50 PM EDT
Last summer we had a pretty good thread going about if any members had been arrested. It was good for a few laughs, so I figured lets lets bring it back. Have you ever been arrested, and what for?
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 1:44:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Nope never.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 1:44:33 PM EDT
[#2]
yep
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 1:45:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I have not. Even after shooting a guy in self defense, I was still good to go.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 1:45:31 PM EDT
[#4]
No.  I've never even been close.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 1:46:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Detained, but not arrested
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 1:46:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No.  I've never even been close.
View Quote

x2.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 1:46:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Detained when a bar fight broke out until shit got sorted out. Not arrested, no charges filed.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 1:47:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Never.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 1:48:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Twice.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 1:48:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Yes, booked but did not spend the night.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 1:48:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Misspent youth...
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 1:49:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Yea, consumption of alcohol by a minor.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 1:50:05 PM EDT
[#13]
I was hassled a lot by the cops when I was younger, but never arrested.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 1:50:11 PM EDT
[#14]
put me down as the lone "probably should have been" so far.  
Several times, for various things.

But, I know when it's time to call it good and get the fuck out.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 1:51:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 1:51:57 PM EDT
[#16]
I di'nt do nuffin' so I di'nt get caught!
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 1:52:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
yep
View Quote

Stories man!
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 1:52:49 PM EDT
[#18]
3 times.  Spent an hour or so in a holding cell but nothing more than that.  
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 1:52:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Nope. Been held at gunpoint a couple of times, but never actually arrested.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 1:53:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 1:53:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Its a shame this doesn't happen too often anymore. Used to be a couple drunk guys got into a fight and they slept it off in the drunk tank. Now its assault charges and jail time.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 1:53:58 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I have not. Even after shooting a guy in self defense, I was still good to go.
View Quote
Story?

Link Posted: 3/9/2015 1:54:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

a couple times?
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 1:54:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Yep.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 1:55:15 PM EDT
[#25]
I was in west va state penitentiary in moundsville. Me and a bunch of other prisoners were out of our cells and causing a fuss. Dozen or so responce guys in full riot gear pinned is in a corner. I charged and kicked one guy pretty good but I don't think he felt anything. I called him a fucking pig and I got shot with a pepper ball. That stung bad. Flashbang went off right in front of me too. That was disorienting. Anyway. They made me belly crawl backwards on the floor and zip tied my hands and feet. Then stood me up and thanked me, cut me loose and shook my hand. It was fricking awesome!  Mock prison riot I got to be an actor in as a prisoner so the officers could train.

Closest I have ever come to police being mad at me.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 1:55:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Nope.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 1:55:46 PM EDT
[#27]
"I was drunk, in a bar. They THREW me in to public".

But, seriously, no never. I was smart enough to never get caught.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 1:56:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Yup
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 1:56:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I was in west va state penitentiary in moundsville. Me and a bunch of other prisoners were out of our cells and causing a fuss. Dozen or so responce guys in full riot gear pinned is in a corner. I charged and kicked one guy pretty good but I don't think he felt anything. I called him a fucking pig and I got shot with a pepper ball. That stung bad. Flashbang went off right in front of me too. That was disorienting. Anyway. They made me belly crawl backwards on the floor and zip tied my hands and feet. Then stood me up and thanked me, cut me loose and shook my hand. It was fricking awesome!  Mock prison riot I got to be an actor in as a prisoner so the officers could train.

Closest I have ever come to police being mad at me.
View Quote

It is fun to throw cops around and get paid for it.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 1:57:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Handcuffed in back of police car Qty. (4) times.

Never transported.

Sounds bad I know.

Only deserved it once.

Cop must have disagreed.

Link Posted: 3/9/2015 1:57:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Never,

Both times I ran from the police, I got away!  
View Quote

Did the goose get away too?
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 1:57:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Nope. Was held at gunpoint by Skycops once when I was a teenager.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 1:58:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Yes, as a kid also. I was an asshole after my dad bailed on my mom. A few times after I turned 18 but just traffic related. Suspended license and what not. No felonies as adult or any drug/violent crimes. Just didn't have the money to pay those drivers responsibility fees.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 1:58:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 1:59:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Alright now kids, pull up a chair, and let old uncle NavyIS2 tell you the story of how he got his legal alias.

It all happened just one week before i left for bootcamp. I was sitting back and enjoying a few farewell drinks with some friends. My best friend asks what i would want as a joining up type gift. I jokingly reminded him how much i wanted the old bubblegum machines that they sold at a local antique shop.

Flash forward to the next night, 2030 on the Friday of my last weekend a regular citizen. A knock on the door, and who could it be? My best friend. Proudly standing there with not only a bubblegum machine, but a bubblegum machine filled with bubblegum. I was psyched, but noticed a bit of a metallic rattle when i picked it up.

Flash back to earlier that night. My good friend, feeling hungry, decided to patron the local TGI Fridays. After a delightful meal he left his tip, and was so pleased he left his business card (manager at a pizza shop, card good for a free pizza). On his way out he casually picks up their bubblegum machine from the lobby and leaves with it.

So after calling for him at the pizza place, the police were given a hint from one of his employees to call old NavyIS2. Those guys are always hanging out.

So as i am looking over this machine, I get a phone call.

"Mr. NavyIS2, This is Officer Bacon, we are looking for your friend Mr. Dumbass."

"Officer Bacon, I think I know what this is about. I know where he is, and now i know what he did. Is there any way he can just return the machine and that be all?"

"Of course, Mr. NavyIS2. We just want to see the property returned." Officer Bacon reassured.

After a nice stern talking to. Mr. Dumbass, and I arrived at the Fridays with the machine. Within moments of stepping out of my truck, we were both handcuffed, surrounded by 3 squad cars, and had two of Officers Bacon's fine brothers in blue pointing guns at us. And off we went for booking.

After being printed, booked, and placed into an orange jumpsuit that was WAY too short for me and missing its crotch, we were led into a communal holding room. After a few minutes the first guy decides to ask what i did.

"Apparently, I stole a Fucking bubblegum machine!" I quipped.

This over the weekend, while waiting for court on Monday, quickly developed into "The Bubblegum Bandits." Which of course spread like wildfire to the guards and everyone else that heard it.

Monday arrives. The assistant DA calls me into his office and explains that all charges will be dropped. He explained to me that it had been a misunderstanding and they knew i wasn't involved in the theft. All I had to do now was wait for my case to be called by the judge and the charges to be dismissed. I patiently sat there and waited to hear my name. This is when it happened. I hear the judge say "Will Navy the bubblegum bandit IS2 please step forward?"

The judge laughed. Everyone laughed. The stenographer typed.

What some of you may not know, is if you are presented a way in a legal setting, it becomes a legal alias. So although the judge was just having fun (still not sure how it got to even her) I am now burdened forever with this nickname. Every five years when i renew my clearance i have to explain this story to my investigator. Every time i buy a handgun in Maryland, I have to list it. I am forever burdened by this nickname as my friends joining the Navy gift to me.

Well that is all.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 1:59:42 PM EDT
[#36]
I was arrested for carrying a concealed weapon about 22 years ago in GA.  I had a pistol in the vehicle and it was within reach.  I was stupid and didn't know the law.  Spent the night in jail and pleaded no contest.

ETA:  It was a Llama in .45 ACP that belonged to my brother.  I had a guy threatening to kill me over a girl.  Guy was nuts.  I got pulled over for speeding and straight up told the cop it was there when he asked.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 2:00:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 2:01:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Never
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 2:02:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Never transported.

Sounds bad I know.

Only deserved it once.

Cop must have disagreed.

View Quote

Ah we'll side with you. We don't know the other guy.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 2:03:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Yes, Daytona bike week 1988 apparently I was having too much fun!

Link Posted: 3/9/2015 2:03:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Nope.

Arrested a few though.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 2:03:40 PM EDT
[#42]
I may or may not have done something as a dumb youth that would have got me arrested.

Otherwise no, I have never been arrested.  Never been in (a cops) cuffs.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 2:05:51 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I've only been held at gunpoint once.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

a couple times?

I've only been held at gunpoint once.  

Well Sub does look kind of like a hippie, so.....

Link Posted: 3/9/2015 2:06:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Hilarious story Navy.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 2:06:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

a couple times?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

a couple times?

Yes. Once by a US Forest Service ranger, and once by three or four Dublin California cops while I was working late at night at the High School.

You get used to it.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 2:07:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never transported.

Sounds bad I know.

Only deserved it once.

Cop must have disagreed.

Thanks. I think

I didn't count the time I stared down the barrel of a .40.

His hand was shaking badly.

He never even handcuffed me so it didn't count.

This hole is getting bigger. I'm out.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 2:07:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 2:08:27 PM EDT
[#48]
These threads get boring, but once again I'll answer yes, more than a dozen times from mid-70's thru mid-90's. No felony convictions/indictments, no DV stuff

one DUI,  have been affiliated with some interesting folks and enjoyed raising HELL !!. Altogether probably spent approx. 15 months incarcerated at different times.

All in all I was pretty lucky, could have been much worse.

Regrets, HELL yeah, but at least I don't wonder what that life is like, I've been there, and for the most part it was a hell of a lot of fun.

So let the wrath of GD reign down upon me, for I have thick skin.

BTW: I got my start in the OP's registered state. In the country, not the city.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 2:09:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Never been placed in handcuffs or placed in the back of a police car outside of training.
I did have to go to court and fight the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission. I won because the wildlife officers were a bunch of lying motherfuckers. Fuck the AGFC.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 2:09:26 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Its a shame this doesn't happen too often anymore. Used to be a couple drunk guys got into a fight and they slept it off in the drunk tank. Now its assault charges and jail time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Must depend on where you live. So long as nobody is seriously injured they usually ask both parties if they want to press charges, inevitably both say "yes" and then the officers say "well then you're both coming in."

The previously pissed off fighters typically reevaluate the situation and decline charges. From there the officers view it as mutual combat and either get someone to give them a ride home or if they're real bad they just take them to the drunk tank to dry out
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top