Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/8/2015 3:46:50 PM EDT
So somehow i left my phone outside last night, might have had something to do with having a little to much to drink

it was am iphone 4s, show i just go get the iphone 6 or look into a Samsung

pros and cons?

also, isn't Samsung launching their new phone sometime in the near future?
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 3:59:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Honestly there are killer handsets for all the different mobile OSes.. I would say just go to your carrier's retail store and play with them until you find the one you like.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 4:06:07 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

So somehow i left my phone outside last night, might have had something to do with having a little to much to drink

pros and cons?

View Quote

The Samsung S6 won't be available till next month, and its basically an iPhone 6 copy running TouchWiz anyways. HTC also announced the One M9 but its not available yet either. The LG G3 is getting pretty old also. About the newest flagship phone you can get now is the Note 4 if you want a giant phone.

The iPhone 6 is a nice phone and has a larger screen like Android flagships now. I have one and love it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 4:09:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The Samsung S6 won't be available till next month, and its basically an iPhone 6 copy running TouchWiz anyways. HTC also announced the One M9 but its not available yet either. The LG G3 is getting pretty old also. About the newest flagship phone you can get now is the Note 4 if you want a giant phone.

The iPhone 6 is a nice phone and has a larger screen like Android flagships now. I have one and love it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

pros and cons?

reading up on the S6, im kinda disappointed they took the waterproofing and micro SD slot away, but i like the added feature of wireless charging. i curently have my iphone in a bag of rice, maybe i can revive it for a few weeks
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 5:53:41 PM EDT
[#4]
iPhone?   No problem, just put it in the microwave for about 45 seconds.  It will come out dry and with a fully charged battery.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 7:55:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
iPhone?   No problem, just put it in the microwave for about 45 seconds.  It will come out dry and with a fully charged battery.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/8/2015 7:59:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I like my Galaxy S5.  I bought it for full price about a year ago to get the cheap Ting no contract service and don't see myself upgrading in the next couple of years.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 8:01:01 PM EDT
[#7]
s5 active would still be working
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 8:03:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

s5 active would still be working
View Quote
My non-active S5 is waterproof too.  You can't currently get that in an iPhone.

Link Posted: 3/8/2015 8:06:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Don't get a fucking Samsung. TouchWiz (the skin Samsung puts in top of Android) is buggy and sucks, and they load the phone with bloatware It will have terrible longevity. If your going to go Android do it right, get a Moto X. You'll save money and have a MUCH better experience. There's a reason you see all these people here say "I tried Samsung and went back to iPhone". Samsung is the Apple of the Android world. You know the name only due to their marketing making them prevalent- there are far superior android phones out there.

Link Posted: 3/8/2015 8:08:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Get an S5. Better features than the 6. Newer doesn't always mean better.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 8:09:14 PM EDT
[#11]
A can of Strike-Hold might be able to fix your phone.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 10:15:32 PM EDT
[#12]
shoot im still rocking my note 2 and dont see any time in the future giving it up. the note series are really nice imo. for you tho you may already be invested in apple apps so that may be the way to go unless you are willing to throw your purchases away.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 10:22:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Kyocera Brigadier or fine a NOS Casio Commando C811.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 10:33:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Take the battery out, put the phone in a warm spot - like on the dash of your car in the sun, for a couple days.  It might be fine.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 10:34:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Sony Z3 Compact, if you'd like a weatherproof phone. Flagship phone, same screen size as the iPhone 6, and oh so slightly larger than the iPhone 5/5s.

Apple lost me when they went the giant phone route. No thanks, prefer not to carry a legal pad in my pocket.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 10:44:16 PM EDT
[#16]
The one that is waterproof.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 10:55:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The one that is waterproof.
View Quote

I wash mine off sometimes.  It's a rugby pro, but I'm sure there are newer.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 11:00:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top